Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jets vs. Redskins Prediction Thread

JJredskins00

In the end, the Redskins simply have too much more individual talent and too many advantages within the matchups to lose this game. But, as with many Redskin teams the last few years, it is a team capable of the resounding egg. Beating itself is a trademark and this is a game against a team which it seems almost impossible to lose without it being our own team that causes it with stupid plays.

Eventually the Redskins are going to have to show that all the changes made are working. That Ramsey can play. That things are along the right path. If it's true that Ramsey can play, the Redskins may use this opener to leave people talking about them for the next 10 days. In a good way even :).

Spurrier's coaching method is prone to snowball games in which the Redskins are blown out and look hopeless or the Redskins just put it on another team. Given the weaknesses in the Jets, it seems less likely that this game is a negative snowball game. Whether it can be a positive one will require the Redskins not go about beating themselves as we so often do.

I'm taking the position that this is a statement game for the team. Really one way or the other but, in my view it will be a positive one. The Redskins actually look like the parts fit well and exploit a weaker Jets team for a comfortable win. A "no sh!t" prediction is Washington 48, New York Jets 17.

Tokyo only when it matters to the rest of the league :). Sadly, I just hope we don't have the 4 turnovers and 15 penalties that would allow the Jets to win by three. We'll see. :).

Redskins 13-7.

Canidate scores and Hall adds 2 FGs. Ramsey throws 50% with 2 INTs and no TDs, the Skins overcome a ton of stupid penalties and 3 turnovers to beat the Jets, who struggle under Vinnie. The media trashes Ramsey's play and makes Snyder look like an idiot for spending all that money, but relying on a second year QB. Meanwhile, Ramsey quietly progresses over the weeks and leads the 2-5 Redskins to a 51-9 win over the Cowboys in week 8 and they go undefeated the rest of the year to post an 11-5 mark on the year, but lose in the NFC Championship to the Rams 35-28.

Next year, the Redskins are undefeated Superbowl Champions, Ramsey is MVP.

I think I got a little carried away.

Originally posted by WallyG3

Redskins 13-7.

Canidate scores and Hall adds 2 FGs. Ramsey throws 50% with 2 INTs and no TDs, the Skins overcome a ton of stupid penalties and 3 turnovers to beat the Jets, who struggle under Vinnie. The media trashes Ramsey's play and makes Snyder look like an idiot for spending all that money, but relying on a second year QB. Meanwhile, Ramsey quietly progresses over the weeks and leads the 2-5 Redskins to a 51-9 win over the Cowboys in week 8 and they go undefeated the rest of the year to post an 11-5 mark on the year, but lose in the NFC Championship to the Rams 35-28.

Next year, the Redskins are undefeated Superbowl Champions, Ramsey is MVP.

I think I got a little carried away.

Yeah, I can't imagine the Skins at 2-5 this year. ;)

Archived