Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Stephon Heyer the worst TACKLE in the NFL? (edited) (Hey, maybe he can play guard?)

Rypien1191

i don't know man ... i remember you posting and legitmatley asking the question, or least really throwing it out there for debate.

can't find your original post, i think you did some tweaking.

I did do some tweaking. And yes, in my original post, I asked the question "Is he literally the worst player ever?". But it was never an actual serious question... I realize that a guy who starts can't really be worse than a guy who never made it off the practice squad. As I said in a previous post, it was for hyperbole and comedic effect after last week's debacle.

I did do some tweaking. And yes, in my original post, I asked the question "Is he literally the worst player ever?". But it was never an actual serious question... I realize that a guy who starts can't really be worse than a guy who never made it off the practice squad. As I said in a previous post, it was for hyperbole and comedic effect after last week's debacle.

i'm bustin your nuts ...

no worries ...SMILES EVERYBODY, SMILES! :pfft:

Yeah, there was at least one play where a DE for Tennessee was locked up with our RT and Heyer stepped over and leveled the guy. I don't even remember what happened on the play, just that Heyer blasted him. I remember wanting to rewind to make sure that was actually Stephon Heyer, but I don't have a DVR.

I wonder if the ZBS that doesn't seem to fit a guard like Dockery might make better use of cast off tackles who typically are slightly more agile than your typical guard. If the requirement is more lateral movement and less straight ahead power then one would expect the tackles to fill in well.

Ordinarilly, that would makeme start looking for cast off tackles...except usually tackles are even harder to find than guards.

Yeah, there was at least one play where a DE for Tennessee was locked up with our RT and Heyer stepped over and leveled the guy. I don't even remember what happened on the play, just that Heyer blasted him. I remember wanting to rewind to make sure that was actually Stephon Heyer, but I don't have a DVR.

Yes! The guy hit the ground hard. I remember that. Don't remember the outcome, though. Pretty sure it was completed.

While I agree that Heyer's performance at guard was surprisingly efficient, I doubt a position change is coming. If we had depth at tackle I'm sure they'd explore the option but we literally don't have any other tackles currently on the roster. We need him available as a backup incase TW or JB get hurt.

• 2 weeks later...

Wait, "Stephon Heyer was slow to get off the line." No way.

This dude shouldnt be on an NFL roster as a tackle and that says everything about who we are as a team. Everyone in Redskins Nation just needs to realize we are a very poor team and will be for the foreseeable future. We dont even look like an NFL ready team out there. Sorry for the rant. Frustrated.

p.s. as i was writing this mcnabb fumbled. Sweet!

He was directly responsible for McNabb's sack/fumble. That was UN-believable. He actually moved OUT of position to let Osi run by. Didn't even touch him with his fingertips.

At best, we can assume he's gone next year.

My god, this team is worse than last year, seriously. I was excited about the offense airing it out and such, but **** that. I can't think of one bad thing relating to football that we haven't done. We've covered the board in ****ty-ness.

He was directly responsible for McNabb's sack/fumble. That was UN-believable. He actually moved OUT of position to let Osi run by. Didn't even touch him with his fingertips.

At best, we can assume he's gone next year.

My god, this team is worse than last year, seriously. I was excited about the offense airing it out and such, but **** that. I can't think of one bad thing relating to football that we haven't done. We've covered the board in ****ty-ness.

its unreal how bad heyer is. hes the vinny cerrato of the roster. nobody knows how the hell he keeps his job despite week in and week out terrible performances at the tackle position.

its unreal how bad heyer is. hes the vinny cerrato of the roster. nobody knows how the hell he keeps his job despite week in and week out terrible performances at the tackle position.

BLC, I love ya man, but don't you dare insult Heyer and say that he is the Vinny of the roster.

That title clearly belongs to Rabach.

Agreed. One game at guard, he looks really good and we'll never see it again.

Incidentally, it was the game with Rabach out as well. I wrote off this season before it started and hoped to see some progress to build up for a good next season, but if the morons in charge stumble upon something that works and promptly abandon it, I have little hope for next season as well.

Incidentally, it was the game with Rabach out as well. I wrote off this season before it started and hoped to see some progress to build up for a good next season, but if the morons in charge stumble upon something that works and promptly abandon it, I have little hope for next season as well.

Oh man, couldn't agree more. Rabach is so bad that a backup guard playing out of position looked better than he has in the past three/four years?!?!

Archived