Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Stephon Heyer the worst TACKLE in the NFL? (edited) (Hey, maybe he can play guard?)

Rypien1191

I think Heyer is a fine back-up linemen. He is not starting material, but he is fine as a back-up in my book.

I'll agree with that. The thing is he is the backup and he's been blessed with backing up a declining Jon Jansen and a polio stricken Jamaaaaaaaal Brown.

Rabach is the worst center in the NFL.

I have no idea why Dockey isn't getting any PT.

Heyer's an acceptable backup. Not a regular player like he is now. Maybe he'll be decent in a couple years?

Worst player in the NFL's history? LOL. How quickly we forget the likes of Jamarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf.

I mean, you could say the worst players are the guys drafted who get cut and never see a down. But those guys are unnoticed.

According to Madden, our own "Red Snapper" was the worst ever. Old but funny link. NSFW - Language

Except for one guy, our whole O-Line stinks right now.

Rocky is NO Ray Lewis. I want players who can dominate the opponent's offensive players ... and scare the hell out of them.

Dump Carlos, Andre Carter, and Reed Doughty as well.

Thinking like that is why we lowballed guys like Ryan Clark and Antonio Pierce. Not every position on a team can be filled with a superstar. Not even on the Skins three Superbowl teams. Or the Saints last season.

Thinking like that is why we lowballed guys like Ryan Clark and Antonio Pierce. Not every position on a team can be filled with a superstar. Not even on the Skins three Superbowl teams. Or the Saints last season.

Please say that again!

Even this fanbase can't get over signing the next big free agent.

Thats NOT how you build a team!!

the jamal brown trade is about 99% a bad one. the guy just cannot play in the NFL right now. he needs to be IRed at this point. we trot him out there every game, get excited about him playing well, and hes out by the 2nd series for stephon heyer, who is definitely a top 5 worst tackle in the NFL..

This is nearly word for word what I was going to say.. What is the deal with this guy?? If he cant go, park him until he can!! 1 or 2 series a game, and then not be able to recover by the next game is not doing us any good.. Plus the man had 2 weeks off and still must be hurting.. IR is where he needs to be if he cant continue to heal and play at the same time..

Agreed, but why let logic get in the way of a good bash session?

Don't let the fact that Heyer, coming off an injury just last week, still earns playing time at RT w/ Jamaal Brown.

If people are singling out Heyer then imo they don't know what they're talking about.

This is BS. If you consider Heyer to be a decent backup then I question your football acumen. You talk about Heyer earning playing time this weekend..so the hell what. I still believe our best guard doesn't even dress for the games. Joey Galloway got playing time, so did Litch" that doesnt' mean they should be on the field. Our Oline is bad and Heyer is the worst of the worst. He will be out of football in a year. Book it.

This is BS. If you consider Heyer to be a decent backup then I question your football acumen. You talk about Heyer earning playing time this weekend..so the hell what. I still believe our best guard doesn't even dress for the games. Joey Galloway got playing time, so did Litch" that doesnt' mean they should be on the field. Our Oline is bad and Heyer is the worst of the worst. He will be out of football in a year. Book it.

Is that why Jamaal Brown and Stephon Heyer were splitting time at RT all season?

Is that why Jamaal Brown and Stephon Heyer were splitting time at RT all season?

Heyer is getting time because Brown is playing on one leg and can't get through more than a series or two a game it seems. That said it's hyperbole to talk about him being the worst player in NFL history - he is a marginal backup who would not make more than a handful of rosters in this league and who probably will not be here next year.

Heyer is getting time because Brown is playing on one leg and can't get through more than a series or two a game it seems. That said it's hyperbole to talk about him being the worst player in NFL history - he is a marginal backup who would not make more than a handful of rosters in this league and who probably will not be here next year.

Yeah, I realize it was a bit of hyperbole to say he was the worst EVER... I never really meant that literally. It was for a bit more dramatic and comedic purposes.

I do think he could be the worst lineman in the league right now, though.

Yeah, I realize it was a bit of hyperbole to say he was the worst EVER... I never really meant that literally. It was for a bit more dramatic and comedic purposes.

I agree. He's definately the worst of the last few years, but probably not the worst ever.

I'll raise you Andre Johnson.

Really, these younglings don't know bad OL play.

I don't think Johnson actually ever played in a game.

I actually think Shar was similar to Heyer. He wasn't a good player and ended up starting as part of a bad unit. As a backup, on a good team, he would have been at least decent. Shar actually went on to be a backup for the Steelers for 2 years.

Picking from an ex-Redskins, I'd actually go with a guy like Jim Molinaro,

He might be the worse OL in the league seeing consistent playing time right now.

They've been splitting time because Jamaal Brown hasn't fully recovered from his injury.

Stephon Heyer was hurt to the point he couldn't practice last year but that didn't stop him from starting.

Do you understand my point? If you're that much better then your back-up you start no matter what.

The truth that you don't want to accept is that right now there is a small gap between Jamaal Brown and Stephon Heyer and that's why they've been splitting time.

But you can't admit that because that would make your point and this entire thread void.

Stephon Heyer was hurt to the point he couldn't practice last year but that didn't stop him from starting.

Do you understand my point? If you're that much better then your back-up you start no matter what.

The truth that you don't want to accept is that right now there is a small gap between Jamaal Brown and Stephon Heyer and that's why they've been splitting time.

But you can't admit that because that would make your point and this entire thread void.

I think it's true that there is not much to choose between Brown or Heyer right now. But that's not a compliment to either guy.

I'm not quite sure what your argument is or why you're getting all worked up in a thread that was meant to bring levity. I understand you must be in the Heyer fan club so I'm not really looking to argue with you.

I think Heyer is awful, the worst player on the team. Obviously by other responses in this thread I'm not the only one who thinks that. I don't actually think he's the worst ever and I already admitted as such. It was for comedic effect. Nor do I think he's the only problem with the team or that replacing him fixes everything, as I already said.

Heyer starting last year isn't really an indication of him being "good". Our line was just as awful last year and Heyer was virtually our only option at RT.

If Jamaal Brown is fully healthy, he gets the start over Heyer every game. That's why Brown is first on the depth chart.

I'm not quite sure what your argument is or why you're getting all worked up in a thread that was meant to bring levity. I understand you must be in the Heyer fan club so I'm not really looking to argue with you.

I think Heyer is awful, the worst player on the team. Obviously by other responses in this thread I'm not the only one who thinks that. I don't actually think he's the worst ever and I already admitted as such. It was for comedic effect.

Heyer starting last year isn't really an indication of him being "good". Our line was just as awful last year and Heyer was virtually our only option at RT.

If Jamaal Brown is fully healthy, he gets the start over Heyer every game. That's why Brown is first on the depth chart.

No worries here bro, think whatever you want.

You are the one who responded to my post calling it BS.

So i think you're the one getting 'worked up'

HTTR!

Edit: Mea culpa dude i thought you were somebody else.

Hail my apologies.

Archived