Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Stephon Heyer the worst TACKLE in the NFL? (edited) (Hey, maybe he can play guard?)

Rypien1191

In college I think Stephon Heyer played as a LEFT GUARD. And, playing GUARD is where Heyer plays best.

Casey Rabach takes the title of being the WORST player on the Skins roster. And, a close SECOND is Clinton Portis. We should simply put him on Injury Reserve and let him take the rest of the year off and heal.

Clinton was making things happen until he re-aggravated the groin...it's not on him...it's on his age. He's done but I thank him for everything he's done for this team.

In college I think Stephon Heyer played as a LEFT GUARD. And, playing GUARD is where Heyer plays best.

Casey Rabach takes the title of being the WORST player on the Skins roster. And, a close SECOND is Clinton Portis. We should simply put him on Injury Reserve and let him take the rest of the year off and heal.

Lol wtf Portis is your second worst player on the team?

Didn't you say you weren't exaggerating? You can't say "I am totally serious about this!" and complain that people took you too seriously!

On to your new topic, I still don't think that's true. He's our backup for both right tackle and left tackle. There's plenty of linemen that can't say that. I'm just saying there's gotta be worse that people don't pay attention to.

Correction. He's our backup right tackle, left tackle, and guard! Should this thread be closed now that we have the answer?

I was at Maryland when Heyer was playing. I distinctly remember him playing right tackle and Jared Gaither playing at left tackle. Of course there was plenty of shuffling going due to injuries on the o-line his senior year...

Yep, I always had a sneaking suspicion that Heyer would make a decently good guard, especially in a ZBS. He's not overly strong, but while he's slow for a tackle he's quick enough for a guard. I think Heyer's a hard worker and plays hard though injury, and he can improve in technique, recognition, etc, so that he can be a decentish starter at guard.

the first thing i said after about 3 series was how great he was looking. ive ragged on him a ton (and i still think he is an abysmal tackle) but it looks like at least from today that he could be a serviceable guard. hes not asked to keep guys from getting around the edge and hes got guys around him to help him when he gets pushed in pass blocking. the dude has always been extremely strong and pretty fine in run blocking, but on that edge he gets thrown around all day.

so good work stephon, stay at guard and were good to go.

and this is a horrible thing to say, but i really hope rabach cant go for the next few weeks. monty looked pretty good at center and we need to see as many games as possible with him to see if hes a legit option. the running lanes were there today numerous times, williams just isnt very good. as ive said before, this scheme works, we just dont have the horses at the moment.

the first thing i said after about 3 series was how great he was looking. ive ragged on him a ton (and i still think he is an abysmal tackle) but it looks like at least from today that he could be a serviceable guard. hes not asked to keep guys from getting around the edge and hes got guys around him to help him when he gets pushed in pass blocking. the dude has always been extremely strong and pretty fine in run blocking, but on that edge he gets thrown around all day.

so good work stephon, stay at guard and were good to go.

and this is a horrible thing to say, but i really hope rabach cant go for the next few weeks. monty looked pretty good at center and we need to see as many games as possible with him to see if hes a legit option. the running lanes were there today numerous times, williams just isnt very good. as ive said before, this scheme works, we just dont have the horses at the moment.

Agreed. me too. I hope Monty stays in at center and Rabach grabs some bench for the next few. But it did seem like as our o-line got thinner, there weren't as many running lanes as there were early in the game. However McNabb had more time to pass. So either our o-line just got really good at pass blocking since Rabach went down, or got really bad at run blocking.

*EDITED FOR EVERYONE WHO HAS NO SENSE OF HUMOR AND TAKES THREADS TOO LITERALLY - YES I REALIZE STEPHON HEYER IS NOT THE WORST PLAYER IN NFL HISTORY - THANK YOU FOR CLARIFYING*.

i don't know man ... i remember you posting and legitmatley asking the question, or least really throwing it out there for debate.

can't find your original post, i think you did some tweaking.

Archived