Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CAA & Other Mid-Major Schools 2010-11 Basketball Thread (CAA gets 3 teams in: #8 GMU, #9 ODU, #11 VCU; VCU vs. Kansas (W 71-61), VCU in the Final Four vs. Butler L 70-62)

bushwack

Really? That's what goes on at ODU games? That's sad. My wife used that song for her dance class for 8 year olds.

Baskin Robins used that song.

I feel bad for ODU...this coming from a Towson Alum. That should show you how horrible your Ice Cream and cake is.

ODU lost for 2 main reasons, the biggest being not covering Freeman or Wright on 3-pointers. Also, the intensional foul call on Bazemore at the start of the 2nd half was complete and utter bull****. Their feet tangled and it was a simple foul on Bazemore, not an intensional foul. With that said, once Georgetown took the lead late in the game, Wright and Freeman made sure they weren't going to give it up. Congrats to Georgetown, but like OD Monarch 06 said I like what I see out of this team. I just hope Bazemore's injury isn't a nagging one that he has to deal with all season.

I got mixed feelings about the win tonight. Rams put 100+ on the Spartans yet gave up way too many points. We might have the most explosive offense in the conference but you have to play defense. Also I know Shaka is a man to man kind of guy but I wish we would use a zone occasionally. Not that it would have helped in this game but some teams the Rams have faced would have been really screwed up by a good 2-3. Not to mention the size on the team now would allow for a formidable zone.

Good luck to GMU today. Not that you should need it against Harvard. I'm quite honestly surprised by Mason scheduling Harvard. Is Harvard suppose to be good this year?

Anyway congrats to the teams that brought wins to the CAA last night. I wish we had more though since the conference never gets taken serious.

side note: Could any JMU people on here tell me how the hell the score was like 22-19 at the half against the #3 KSU? I was checking the score as I was leaving Siegel Center last night and I was like WTH? Was it great defense or just horrible shooting?

F the preseason NIT!!! 1-4 seeds(teams like Villanova and Tennessee) get TV games but seed 5-8(VCU, Nevada, GWU,etc) no TV games. Not just that there's no video feed for the game at all!!

I hate the Bias NIT. They freaking screwed us last year by leaving us out for crappy teams including a horrible UNC team that didn't qualify according to NIT's standards(until they changed it for them).

NIT is a joke just like bracketbusters. Bracketbusters aren't about making teams look good. They just make match ups they want to see. Only a few times (such as ODU vs UNI last year) have bracketbusters been used as a way to help team's pad a resume for a NCAA tourney bid.

F the preseason NIT!!! 1-4 seeds(teams like Villanova and Tennessee) get TV games but seed 5-8(VCU, Nevada, GWU,etc) no TV games. Not just that there's no video feed for the game at all!!

I hate the Bias NIT. They freaking screwed us last year by leaving us out for crappy teams including a horrible UNC team that didn't qualify according to NIT's standards(until they changed it for them).

NIT is a joke just like bracketbusters. Bracketbusters aren't about making teams look good. They just make match ups they want to see. Only a few times (such as ODU vs UNI last year) have bracketbusters been used as a way to help team's pad a resume for a NCAA tourney bid.

If it makes you fell better, VCU will probably beat Wake tonight and go to MSG/NYC for the semi-finals. That will be on TV.

I got mixed feelings about the win tonight. Rams put 100+ on the Spartans yet gave up way too many points. We might have the most explosive offense in the conference but you have to play defense. Also I know Shaka is a man to man kind of guy but I wish we would use a zone occasionally. Not that it would have helped in this game but some teams the Rams have faced would have been really screwed up by a good 2-3. Not to mention the size on the team now would allow for a formidable zone.

No love for Rodriguez and his VCU single game record 17 assists? He had 8 against Winthrop last night too.

Really? That's what goes on at ODU games? That's sad. My wife used that song for her dance class for 8 year olds.

Baskin Robins used that song.

I feel bad for ODU...this coming from a Towson Alum. That should show you how horrible your Ice Cream and cake is.

And your point being??

Ever been to an ODU basketball game at the Ted? The atmosphere is ALWAYS electric and it is always a party the entire game. ODU Basketball games are the best sporting events I have ever been to

And your point being??

Ever been to an ODU basketball game at the Ted? The atmosphere is ALWAYS electric and it is always a party the entire game. ODU Basketball games are the best sporting events I have ever been to

I've been to a game at the Ted. I'm envious of your video scoreboard :(

Archived