Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CAA & Other Mid-Major Schools 2010-11 Basketball Thread (CAA gets 3 teams in: #8 GMU, #9 ODU, #11 VCU; VCU vs. Kansas (W 71-61), VCU in the Final Four vs. Butler L 70-62)

bushwack

And your point being??

Ever been to an ODU basketball game at the Ted? The atmosphere is ALWAYS electric and it is always a party the entire game. ODU Basketball games are the best sporting events I have ever been to

Point being that it's a childrens song. That young adults proudly dance to. Might as well be a song from barney and friends

And no, I've never been to a game there. Why would I travel hours to watch my Alma Mater play a sport they are horrible in? Christ, I didn't even go to basketball games when I attended Towson.

Point being that it's a childrens song. That young adults proudly dance to. Might as well be a song from barney and friends

And no, I've never been to a game there. Why would I travel hours to watch my Alma Mater play a sport they are horrible in? Christ, I didn't even go to basketball games when I attended Towson.

I talked to the AD. They're now going to be playing John Coltrane's "Giant Steps" and all audience members will be required to wear sport coats and monocles. Mocha lattes served at half time.

ODU plays Xavier tonight at 8:30 in the Paradise Jam championship game.

Good game. I think Xaiver will have "down year" in the A-10. Probably will finish 4th in the A10 and might sneak into the NCAA as the A-10s 4th bid. This would be a good win for either team.

Also, Reic for any ODU fans in the 757 area they game will be shown live on Cox Channel 11.

channel 302 on verizon fios.

Only problem I have with Fios here is they dont show any local games. They showed the ODU and William and Mary football game but thats it.

VCU's light schedule will bite them in the ass again if they don't win the CAA. It should be fun to watch our size inside against them, doesn't seem like they've got much of an answer for big men inside (lol). Go Monarchs.

We loss by 5. Our threes were off the first half and our starting PG was injured basically playing on one leg. If the Rams shot the same percentage they shot the second half VCU blows out Tennessee.

We loss by 5. Our threes were off the first half and our starting PG was injured basically playing on one leg. If the Rams shot the same percentage they shot the second half VCU blows out Tennessee.

Because losing by 5, have a sore point guard and your three point shooting have so much to do with your interior defense... which is what I was talking about. And yes, your out of conference schedule is weak and that's all there is to that. Not winning that tournament hurts big if vcu falters in conference play again. There's no reason to challenge what appears to be a pretty daggon good basketball team. Got a good laugh at bama going 0-3, though.

VCU's light schedule will bite them in the ass again WHEN they don't win the CAA. It should be fun to watch our size inside against them, doesn't seem like they've got much of an answer for big men inside (lol). Go Monarchs.

Fixed it for you man. After watching VCU last night, I'm not worried about them one bit. Yes, they are a very scrappy team; however, like you said they have no inside presence and ODU is a very strong inside team with Hassell, Carter, and Cooper.

Also, VCU has to win the CAA tournament to get in because a losing to Tennessee by 5 and only playing Richmond is a joke of an OOC schedule and will come back to bite them in the ass in March.

Fixed it for you man. After watching VCU last night, I'm not worried about them one bit. Yes, they are a very scrappy team; however, like you said they have no inside presence and ODU is a very strong inside team with Hassell, Carter, and Cooper.

Also, VCU has to win the CAA tournament to get in because a losing to Tennessee by 5 and only playing Richmond is a joke of an OOC schedule and will come back to bite them in the ass in March.

Losing to a ranked team by 5 when your starting PG is on one leg and your not shooting well says a lot about the heart of the Rams. They shot bad in the first half and that's what haunted them. I hope the Monarchs team is as ****y as you guys because if they are they can watch us during March Madness while they sit at home on the couch with their faces in their hands.

Like winning the Paradise thing was a big deal? You beat Clemson who is down this year. You barely escaped St Peter(Really?). You beat a somewhat good Xavier team after trying to blow the game.

I remember how half your fanbase started saying the team sucked after blowing out VSU. Hell about half almost ran off a cliff when St Peter almost beat you. Amazing how doom and gloom becomes "We're the greatest team ever" in two days.

Losing to a ranked team by 5 when your starting PG is on one leg and your not shooting well says a lot about the heart of the Rams. They shot bad in the first half and that's what haunted them. I hope the Monarchs team is as ****y as you guys because if they are they can watch us during March Madness while they sit at home on the couch with their faces in their hands.

Like winning the Paradise thing was a big deal? You beat Clemson who is down this year. You barely escaped St Peter(Really?). You beat a somewhat good Xavier team after trying to blow the game.

I remember how half your fanbase started saying the team sucked after blowing out VSU. Hell about half almost ran off a cliff when St Peter almost beat you. Amazing how doom and gloom becomes "We're the greatest team ever" in two days.

We aren't "The greatest team ever"; however, we are the best team in the CAA and we have the athleticism to compete with most, if not any, team in college basketball. Also, ODU is the deepest team in the CAA and has to be the favorite going into this season. VCU simply doesn't have the size or depth to compete with ODU this season, it's that plain and simple.

I don't know what fans you were talking to about being worried about our team earlier this season, but any knowledgeable ODU fan would tell you the only game to complain about this season was the opening game at home vs. Georgetown, where we had Georgetown beat and let them escape with a win. Besides that loss, ODU has played well and was impressive in the Paradise Jam, and it's sad, but not surprising, that a VCU fan puts down a win against a Clemson team that will be in the upper half of the ACC this season, and states "You beat a somewhat good Xavier team after trying to blow the game".

Xavier is a very solid team and is a Sweet 16 team on a consistent basis, and ODU was able to pull away from Xavier because of their depth and defense, while Xavier and Holloway were gassed. Nice try trying to down play ODU's Paradise Jam Title, but don't hate because VCU wouldn't have been able to shut down Holloway and come away with a win against Xaiver, or probably Clemson. I was happy to see you all beat Wake, now there's an ACC team who is down this year.

Doom and gloom? Where were you hanging out with half our fanbase a few days ago? What the **** are you talking about hahaha

Doom and gloom? Where were you hanging out with half our fanbase a few days ago? What the **** are you talking about hahaha

Caazone. I don't post there anymore really but I read occasionally. I mainly keep to Ramnation. Anyway, after VSU your fans were already saying they suck(Funny considering you won by like 30 right?). I believe they said something along the lines of we got owned inside by a DII Center.:ols: Then after St Peters it was all gloom again when they actually stayed in the game and nearly beat you guys. Then its back to "We're ODU and we're the greatest" when the Monarchs outlast Xavier. One second you guys say you suck and the next we're awesome. Make up your mind.:ols:

(Sirloinburger is probably the guy I remember the most on caazone as far as monarch fans. He always says VCU is not a very good team every year but never says why. I swear thats all he posts. At least Razor is some what amusing. Of course I wouldn't know if you post there so this might not make any sense to you. I do know a few on this board from GMU and such do post there though.)

Archived