Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CAA & Other Mid-Major Schools 2010-11 Basketball Thread (CAA gets 3 teams in: #8 GMU, #9 ODU, #11 VCU; VCU vs. Kansas (W 71-61), VCU in the Final Four vs. Butler L 70-62)

bushwack

Do you have Cox or something else? I'm trying to figure out if it's CSN or Cox...

This blows.

edit: never mind I'm reading it's a CSN issue. This is absolutely horrible.

I have Verizon Fios.. I would expect this with Cox haha, cox is horrendous.

---------- Post added January-8th-2011 at 02:43 PM ----------

Well, that was a good 5 minutes of television coverage. WTF CSN

Should have been charged a to for that ****. Caa refs are a joke

---------- Post added January-8th-2011 at 04:24 PM ----------

Ah yes, the frustration of losing brings out the personal insults. Go monarchs

CAA refs are a joke. Called Morrison for a foul down low with literally zero contact with just over a minute left. Han**** drives to tie the game and gets mauled by Cooper and they swallow the whistle.

BTW you're the one that ditched the civility, so **** off.

Haha take it easy champ, its just a game.

Yep, like I said just a good close game between two very good teams. No need to crap on anyone afterward... players, fans, anyone.

Ah whatever, edited my previous post. Good game to ODU. Pretty much what I expected, your forwards outmatched us. Our shooting kept us in it, but came up just short.

We'll need to figure out a way to limit Hassell's touches next game. Should be another close one but I think we pull it out at home.

The refs at today's Mason vs. ODU game were a complete and utter joke, that was by far the worst officiated game I've ever seen in person. In the first half all Mason had to do was get it down low and if an ODU player touched them, they were whistled for a foul; however, Hassell and Cooper got the **** hacked out of them the entire first half and the refs simply swallowed their whistle. ODU was basically playing 5 vs. 8 today for most of the game, which should never happen. I don't have a problem if the refs are going to be ****ty as long as they're going to be ****ty both ways, which simply wasn't the case today. ODU prevailed anyway, but this should have been a much more comfortable win (8-10 points) today if it wasn't for the refs interference.

And the Morrison free throw incident was complete and utter bull****. There was absolutely nothing wrong with Morrison, until he came up a foot short on his free throw and then faked an injury, not to his hand skinsfan_1215, but he was grasping at his elbow as if he couldn't move it, then miraculously he was healed 30 seconds later and came back into the game a minute after he had to be taken out of a 5-point game to allow a better free throw shooting teammate (Pearson) to step in and make a critical free throw. Plus it only took the refs a good 2 minutes to sort all of the bull**** out, which was completely unacceptable.

I will admit that Mason came to play (unlike last year) and did so very well, especially driving to the basket and creating plays near the rim and getting 2nd, 3rd, and sometimes 4th chance opportunities, which is rarely seen in a CAA game vs. ODU. Cam Long was a complete beast today, he made play after play after play for Mason today and he simply couldn't be guarded. I'm glad Long is a senior so we don't have to worry about him next year.

This to me was going to be the toughest CAA home game for ODU this season and it lived up to be. ODU can afford to lose another game or 2 on the road, but it has to continue the new home winning streak it started last month if they want to repeat as CAA Regular Season Champions and have any remote shot at a possible at-large bid selection in case they don't win the CAA Tournament.

ODU looked like complete and utter **** for 15 minutes of the 2nd half by shooting 2 for 17 and missing several free throws. I just don't understand why this veteran team with 4 seniors and 4 juniors continually lacks competence on the road and fall apart so easily. First at Delaware, not at Drexel. I know Drexel is on its way up, but the loss tonight was just pathetic.

All I can do is hope that Blaine can light a fire under their asses so they actually play for 40 minutes, not 25, and come away with a big win against Hofstra (who is the only team left undefeated in the conference).

Bumping for the JMU @ ODU game tonight @ 7 p.m. Getting ready to head up to Monarch Grille for a drink or 2 then it's game time. The Ted will be rocking and this is the first of 4 straight games to see if JMU is for real. So far they haven't played or beaten anybody, now they have to play tonight at ODU, then host Mason, then at Hofstra and then vs. Drexel. After the next 4 games, we'll have better insight to whether JMU is a contender or pretender in the CAA.

GO MONARCHS!

Gotta work on that 30 something percent shooting.. and all those fouls.

Never seen Julius play that bad before. You could tell Semenov wasn't 100% after reaggrivating the back injury. I'm saying though to hold strong with you all with all the fouls and such was good considering we didn't rebound well and really haven't on the road. Think though the JMU GMU game Saturday will be huge for us. Gotta win that game with a hopefully packed Convo

Wish i wasnt at work and was at the ted. Bush, imma have to head to the grille sometime to catch a game with you.

Sounds like a plan. I'm heading up to Monarch Grille (most likely) Sat an hour or 2 before the VCU game, and then heading to the Ted to watch the game.

As for tonight's game, ODU was just too big and athletic on the defensive side of the ball, and the offensive gameplan was smart to get the ball down low and work the paint. Also, another big component was the rebounding advantage ODU had thanks to its size and athleticism, now it's time to focus and handle VCU.

Archived