Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RANDY MOSS (Now Officially) Waived by VIKINGS (per nfl.com, MET)

Hitman#21

Makes to much sense for the Cowboys not to scoop him. They are like 3rd on the waiver wire and he would drum up a little interest, which they need. Plus a Austin-Williams-Bryant-Moss WR core is nothing to sneeze at.

Exactly

Jerry loves the big name, if he is still available when the Cowboys have a chance, how do they not pick him up?

Cowboys or Bengals...

Makes to much sense for the Cowboys not to scoop him. They are like 3rd on the waiver wire and he would drum up a little interest, which they need. Plus a Austin-Williams-Bryant-Moss WR core is nothing to sneeze at.

I would friggin love for the Cowboys to pick him. Anything that stunts the growth of Bryant is okay with me.

THANK GOD. I thought it was based on this year's standings, which smelled of the Cowgirls getting him

Apparently there's a new waiver system as of September. It's based on THIS year's standings, not last.

Section 1. Release:

(a) Whenever a player who has finished the season in which his fourth year of credited service has been earned under the Bert Bell/Pete Rozelle Plan is placed on waivers between February 1 and the trading deadline, his contract will be considered terminated and the player will be completely free at any time thereafter to negotiate and sign a Player Contract with any Club, and any Club shall be completely free to negotiate and sign a Player Contract with such player, without penalty or restriction, including, but not limited to, Draft Choice Compensation between Clubs or First Refusal Rights of any kind, or any signing period. If the waivers occur after that time, the player’s Player Contract will be subject to the waiver system and may be awarded to a claiming Club. However, if such player is claimed and awarded, he shall have the option to declare himself an Unrestricted Free Agent at the end of the League Year in question if he has a no-trade clause in his Player Contract. If such player does not have a no-trade clause and the Player Contract being awarded through waivers covers more than one additional season, the player shall have the right to declare himself an Unrestricted Free Agent as set forth above at the end of the League Year following the League Year in which he is waived and awarded.

(B) Whenever a player who has finished less than the season in which his fourth year of credited service has been earned under the Bert Bell/Pete Rozelle Plan is placed on waivers, the player’s Player Contract will be subject to the waiver system and may be awarded to a claiming Club.

Section 2. Contact: Coaches or any other persons connected with another NFL Club are prohibited from contacting any player placed on waivers until such time as the player is released by the waiving Club.

Section 3. Ineligibility: Any NFL player who is declared ineligible to compete in a preseason, regular season or postseason game because of a breach by any NFL Club by whom he is employed of waiver procedures and regulations, or any other provision of the NFL Constitution and Bylaws, will be paid the salary or other compensation which he would have received if he had not been declared ineligible, which, in any event, will be a minimum of one week’s salary and, when applicable, expense payments.

Section 4. Notice of Termination: The Notice of Termination form attached hereto as Appendix G will be used by all Clubs. If possible, the Notice of Termination will be personally delivered to the player prior to his departure from the team. If the Notice of Termination has not been personally delivered to the player prior to his departure from the team, the Notice of Termination will be sent to him by certified mail at his last address on

file with the Club.

Section 5. NFLPA’s Right to Personnel Information: The NFL shall inform the NFLPA of player personnel transactions communicated in the Personnel Notice between the NFL and its member Clubs concerning the termination or trading of players including awards on waivers, termination through waivers, confirmation of trades or any change in the status of players (e.g., placed on Reserve Injured, etc.). The NFL will make best efforts to communicate the information referred to in this Article to the NFLPA on the same day, but in no event later than noon on the next day. A player who is terminated shall, upon request at or around the time of termination, be informed by the terminating Club of any claims made upon him by NFL Clubs during that League Year. The same information will be provided to the NFLPA if requested.

Section 6. Rosters: The NFLMC shall supply the NFLPA with an opening day and final roster for each Club. Rosters shall consist of the following categories of players: Active; Inactive; Reserve Injured; Reserve Physically Unable to Perform; Exempt Commissioner Permission; Non Football Illness/Injury; Practice Squad.

Section 7. Procedural Recall Waivers: A player with four or more Credited Seasons who is subject to procedural recall waivers from the Reserved/Retired or Reserve/Military status, and who opts for Free Agency in lieu of assignment, cannot, during the same season, re-sign or return to the Club that originally requested such waivers.

What happened? Moss talked down to the Vikings coaches in front of the press. Childress probably got pissed off. I think Childress is already pissed off at Favre. Then comes Randy with these comments, he just feels that he's losing his team to prima donnas.

Even though the Viks are losing and Moss hasn't produced much, Moss did take double teams from the defense. So, he's still a good decoy.

Should we take him? Not as a productive WR, but only as a decoy. Our offense needs quicker passing routes, not longer plays. Our O-line, at this point, can't take the long pass patterns. I would have to say, no, don't take him. Moss will only be content when he's on a winning team. He definitely misses New England.

For those who think Dallas will claim him, you do realize that Moss is a free agent at season's end, right? And that Dallas is 1-6 right now, meaning the only purpose Moss could serve in Dallas is to screw up their draft position for 2011, right?

Now, JJ may be just insane enough to do it, but unless Dallas runs the table, they're not making the playoffs. And they ain't running the table, with or without Moss. So from a football perspective, the move would make zero sense.

For those who think Dallas will claim him, you do realize that Moss is a free agent at season's end, right? And that Dallas is 1-6 right now, meaning the only purpose Moss could serve in Dallas is to screw up their draft position for 2011, right?

Now, JJ may be just insane enough to do it, but unless Dallas runs the table, they're not making the playoffs. And they ain't running the table, with or without Moss. So from a football perspective, the move would make zero sense.

They just built a billion dollar stadium and are one of the worst teams in league. It is still November 1st and in no way can you tell the fans that you are "playing for draft position." The power of the dollar outweighs any football sense especially with Jones running the show. The fact that they've missed on Moss before and Jones praised him two weeks ago tells me the odds of them scooping him is high IMO.

Now, does it make any "football sense". No, it'll cost like 3.1 mil for 9 games max (they aren't making the playoffs) and will hinder Bryant seeing the field. St. Louis I think is a good bet to claim him and they are fairly early on in the process. They are still in the hunt in the West, have lost 3 starting wideouts and he is a sizable target for Bradford to throw to and can take the pressure off Jackson.

The deadline for daily transactions is 4 p.m. The Vikings could still elect to waive Moss later this week. Childress told the team he would do so today, but a source said others in the organization were not of the same mind.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81bca082/article/moss-still-a-viking-after-childress-says-wr-would-be-waived?module=breaking_news

The deadline for daily transactions is 4 p.m. The Vikings could still elect to waive Moss later this week. Childress told the team he would do so today, but a source said others in the organization were not of the same mind.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81bca082/article/moss-still-a-viking-after-childress-says-wr-would-be-waived?module=breaking_news

Wanted to change thread title, but dont know how with new style. Thanks

What did Moss say exactly that pissed Chilly off?

Basically he said his coach disrespected him, and he threw him under the bus in not so many words, and player speak. He wanted them go for three at the half (they absolutely should have, their OL was getting it handed to them and they already were stuffed twice on 3-1), and he (Moss) insinuated that he told the coaches what plays the Pats were going to run in certain situations. I believe him on both accounts, it was a horrible coaching game by the Vikings. . . I called the Woodhead touchdown, the Pats have used that play about 5 or six times over the past decade or so in the same position. It is a direct snap to the RB, and Brady fakes like it went over his head. The second they saw Brady jump up in that position, they (The Vikings D) should have instantly gone for Woody *Faulk's replacement., and he walked in clean as a whistle. The Pats have gotten lucky 2 times in a row and won because the coaching on the other side has been absolutely atrocious. Anyway, he said that they came up to him at the end of the game and said "You were right", that is after he told them what plays they would make in certain positions, and the coaches ignored him. . .

To be honest, although it was a horrible thing to say in public, Randy is a smart guy, a VERY smart guy. Don't let the image fool you, everything is calculated, everything he does. The statements he made about the game were spot on, both the play calling, and how the Pats played. I think he knew exactly what he was saying, and he was HOPING that he gets cut. I think he was in that locker room 4 weeks after being in the Patriots locker room and thinks to himself, what the HELL did I get myself into this time. He has said nothing but praise for NE, and the Pats have done the same. I really think he knows football, really freaking well, and it was something that Bellichick told him. He could really be an older leader to a locker room, and a good one. As crazy as that sounds, it is the absolute truth. Heck, even what he said in his press conference the first week was spot on. . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2Q38p1VXrY&feature=related

He said "This is a business decision, and I understand the business side of the game. He knew he was gone, because they were going in a different direction, and he called it out 4 weeks before it happened. . .but it was also partially what he wanted too. He wanted to go somewhere where they would need him, but also listen to him as a player, because he has seen a lot in his 13 years. I also think that once he got to Minnesota and saw the Favre abortion which was all about him (listen to the Favre press conferences) and saw how dysfunctional of a locker room the Vikings were, he had a large case of buyers remorse. This was nothing more than a boyfriend who breaks up with a girl, then sees her out at a bar with her new boyfriend. He got emotional, as everyone does in that instance, and he said some things people shouldn't say, as most everybody does when they first deal with that disappointment.

I would love to see him in a Skins uniform, but I think they will stay away from him because like so many other people, they still don't get it. They are doing better, and definitely on the right track, but they will buy into the "troublemaker" BS, and not understand how to best utilize him and his talents. To anyone that doesn't think he has anything left, look at how the Pat's played him. They played Merriweather on the freaking numbers over his side of the field for most of the day. In other words, it was always double-teaming him and letting everyone else beat you. It is no mistake that Wes Welker's production dropped off the face of the earth, and Persey Hawkin's production went off the chart (hint to Hawkins owners, trade him NOW while his value is at the best!) it is because he still REQUIRES a constant double team. Who best to know how to stop Moss? The person who has seen how to stop him for a year and a half. What did he do? Double team him. Now just think about how much better the Redskins would be with Santana Moss running free, or (insert rb here) not having to face 8 in the box all the time. That is what he brings to the team. Someone else the other team has to game plan against, and remove from the game, because if they don't, he will burn them. . .

One other possibility is that he saw how the Jets played them, their best competition, and was worried about how they tried to go to him TOO much, and they needed to go in a different direction (that is a problem as well, and why the Pats lost the SB in 07). In any case, he is a WELCOME addition to a young, but learning football team. St Louis or Detroit would be insane to pass on him, but they most likely will, because I don't think either is by a good football operation, and they didn't do their homework on him. As I said, I would love to see him in a Skins uniform. He will show the REAL fans, and people will be VERY surprised. I don't think he gets that far though.

Archived