Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RANDY MOSS (Now Officially) Waived by VIKINGS (per nfl.com, MET)

Hitman#21

Actually, I"m wondering if Vikes management won't talk Childress out of it and Moss stays in Minny.

That would be a HUGE **** you to Childress...first having 4 question (and just about ignore) his leadership and judgment, and now 84? That would almost ring of "Brad, pack your stuff. Don't call us after the season, we'll call you"

Thank-you Woodhead. Good post. (click the blue arrow)

+1 Mark, and Woodhead. That's a post worth reading.

Don't forget that Bill Belichek, who is pretty stingy with player compliments, called Randy Moss the smartest wide receiver he's ever been around.

The Vikings are finished. Give up a #3 pick for a player and cut him 2 weeks later? :)

Starting quarterback has a fractured foot and tendinitis in his throwing shoulder?

Minnesota is an aging team whose window has closed.

Look for this group to be broken up in 2011.

Teams that may claim him that have waiver priority over Washington:

San Francisco

Denver

Arizona

Jacksonville

St Louis

Oakland

No idea how many of them would be interested, but I can't believe NONE of them would be. Don't see him making it to Washington.

I would guess it would be a definite for St. Louis. They need a deep threat more than any of the other teams.

Oakland isn't happening because of the past history.

Jacksonville is possbile.

'Zona has one of the best WRs in the game now.

Brandon Lloyd is lighting it up for Denver

And Singletary doesn't seem to be the kind of coach that will mesh well with Randy Moss.

I would guess it would be a definite for St. Louis. They need a deep threat more than any of the other teams.

Oakland isn't happening because of the past history.

Jacksonville is possbile.

'Zona has one of the best WRs in the game now.

Brandon Lloyd is lighting it up for Denver

And Singletary doesn't seem to be the kind of coach that will mesh well with Randy Moss.

Yeah, probably not Oakland. Not sure why I put them in there.

The other teams could use a weapon and/or are desperate to win now. Arizona is possible for that reason, though I agree not likely. Singletary needs to do whatever he can to win games.

I doubt any team will claim him until he clears the waiver wire. That way Minnesota will still be on the hook for his ~$4 million salary and the new team can give him league minimum pay. So, I suspect Randy will only go to a team in the playoff hunt. Why sign him for 8 regular season games unless you're in the playoff hunt? If the Pats don't want him back, I think Pittsburgh or KC will get him...maybe Tennessee. It would be interesting if Seattle got him considering that they traded Deion Branch to N.E., but Seattle's O-line sucks...Moss can't help with that.

:dallasuck

The Vikings are finished. Give up a #3 pick for a player and cut him 2 weeks later? :)

Starting quarterback has a fractured foot and tendinitis in his throwing shoulder?

Minnesota is an aging team whose window has closed.

Look for this group to be broken up in 2011.

Outside of Favre, are they really all that aged? I guess maybe along the o line but I'm not sure about that. I just know that it seems like Hutchinson has been around since the invention of the facemask. Their weapons on offense don't seem that old. Peterson is what? 26? Rice and Harvin are young. Shiancoe is young.

Get a new QB in there :paranoid: and I don't see their window being closed just yet. Childress has to go though. This right here is one of the biggest fails in recent memory.

There has been more news breaking overnight but I don't see it on nfl.com. But on nfl network, they're saying the email sent by Moss' agent saying that Moss not being on the waiver wire Monday was merely technical - that email was a fake made up by somebody claiming to be Moss' agent. In fact, Moss' agent doesn't even send emails ever, he's not an email guy. And now the implication is, Childress still may not have talked to the owners and management of the Vikes about this, and may need to do this still to convince them that this is the right thing to do, because what the Vikes need above all is wins.

This is what they were discussing early this morning on TV.

They just built a billion dollar stadium and are one of the worst teams in league. It is still November 1st and in no way can you tell the fans that you are "playing for draft position." The power of the dollar outweighs any football sense especially with Jones running the show. The fact that they've missed on Moss before and Jones praised him two weeks ago tells me the odds of them scooping him is high IMO. Now, does it make any "football sense". No, it'll cost like 3.1 mil for 9 games max (they aren't making the playoffs) and will hinder Bryant seeing the field.
As I said, JJ may just be crazy enough to do it, but it would make no sense at all. And if money is what JJ is interested in, I'm not sure how paying a guy $3 million for roughly half a season will help line JJ's pockets. Any additional money JJ gets from having Moss in town would likely be negated by Moss' salary.

I can't completely discount the possibility, since it’s JJ we’re talking about. But that would be just an idiotic move for Dallas on so many levels. Can you imagine Moss playing for a 1-6 team? I’d be surprised if he even ran routes for them, let alone attempt to catch a pass.

There has been more news breaking overnight but I don't see it on nfl.com. But on nfl network, they're saying the email sent by Moss' agent saying that Moss not being on the waiver wire Monday was merely technical - that email was a fake made up by somebody claiming to be Moss' agent. In fact, Moss' agent doesn't even send emails ever, he's not an email guy. And now the implication is, Childress still may not have talked to the owners and management of the Vikes about this, and may need to do this still to convince them that this is the right thing to do, because what the Vikes need above all is wins.

Strange situation. The Minnesota papers (or, their websites) are acting as though Moss is already gone, without suggesting there could be a snag. Maybe they just don't update their content very often.

Teams that may claim him that have waiver priority over Washington

Bleachreport has this: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5...ngs-whats-next

How does the NFL Waiver system work? The team with the worst record (Buffalo) has first dibs, the team with the best record (New England) has last call.

Current NFL waiver priority:

1. Buffalo Bills

2. Dallas Cowboys

3. Carolina Panthers

4. San Francisco 49ers

5. Denver Broncos (possibly interested)

6. Minnesota Vikings (disqualified)

7. Detroit Lions

8. Cleveland Browns

9. Cincinnati Bengals

10. San Diego Chargers (possibly interested)

11. Arizona Cardinals

12. Washington Redskins (possibly interested)

Archived