Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Devin Thomas Thinks Fantasia Video Got Him Cut.

OxonHillSkinsFan89

I thought Devin was actually being mature, he wasnt sayin it like he thought Shanny was being unfair to him. He now understands that he needs to focus 100% on his current profession, and leave the other stuff for later -- there is no offseason for a guy thats not established in this league.

The entire Devin Thomas situation was a 2 plus year soap opera with a pre-ordained end.

It became obvious to many of us that a guy who fails to get on the field by Year 3 after being evaluated by TWO different staffs is in trouble.

You look at Brian Orakpo or Laron Landry and you see the obvious talent but also the impact of performance.

Thomas has never been in that league and my guess is will never be close.

If he keeps thinking like this, he's going to just another 2nd round WR who busts out of the league in the next year. He needs to look at the real problem. Devin Thomas not working hard enough.

Did you read past the title?:ols:

The Fantasia video was merely a symptom of the true problem that got you cut, Devin.

Dedicating yourself in the offseason on your own, studying film constantly, picking weaknesses in your game and attacking them. These are the things seperate the good-great receivers from the draft busts.

Do you realize how many players would kill to have the physical skillset you have?

Has this thread changed since you posted, or are people not reading? He's admitting he didn't work hard enough. I wish him luck.

Now that a team has cut my ass because I didn't take my professional career seriously, I have decided to take my career seriously. I guess all those times when people said "Hey Devin, you have all the physical abilities in the world, you just need to put in a lot of work and truly dedicate yourself to being the best WR there is" I didn't think I had to try very hard, I mean I figured I should try kinda hard, like you know, just hard enough to keep that roster spot...getting released made me realize that I need to do just barely more work than just enough to stay on an NFL roster!

ok great we got rid of him, lets all tow the party line.

But who is our KR now, Bart Simpson? Thomas looked great returning kicks.

This asked Shanahan about this in the presser the day after DT was cut. About whether they were going to take a hit in the KR department. He basically said that he's comfortable with Banks or Simpson. That DT's returns had to do with the blocking on them as much as it had to do with DT and that DT leaving isn't going to change the blocking.

But yeah, I still think Shanahan cutting DT might have saved his career. People will blast Shanahan if DT succeeds down the road but if that happens, it'll be because Shanahan cut him. People won't think it through enough to understand this. But whatever. That's par for the course.

"I'll take that to heart, and now that I have a second chance, I'll make sure I do everything professionally," Thomas said. "I'm focusing on football. All that stuff can come later in life. I'm looking to just become a great receiver."

NOW the light turns on! Thanks a lot DT! :doh:

I for one am tired of the DT situation. Everytime I turn on 1067 THE FAN in the afternoon Lavar and Dukes are talking about it nonstop and the way Dukes talks you would think DT was the second coming of Art Monk. Dukes actually compared DT to Art Monk yesterday!

He was let go for many reasons. If he goes on to shine in Carolina, or elsewhere, then good for him and this being cut was obviously a life lesson for him. I would still bet good money he is never a consistently good WR in the NFL. Maybe the UFL though!

This guy could have been great had Shanallen not conspired againast him as Lavar and Dukes allege.

I heard that mess yesterday. They talked about it non stop and LaVar got all up in his feelings when callers started saying that maybe "he didn't know the playbook." :cry: Who knows what would have happened, but like GACOLB i believe that if he does succeed down the road it will be due to him being cut here and using that as motivation...somewhat similar to what happened with Chris Carter.

As for Var and Dukes, they are really starting to wear on me. They go from lots of positive Monday and Tuesday to wasting up to 2 hours ranting on about this DT. Yeah it sucks to see that things didn't work out with him but to go as far to compare the man to Art Monk? Really? Keep on stirring the pot guys. :stir:

Of course LaVar knows a lot about what it takes to be part of a winning team :)

Gregg Williams couldn't even get Arrington to play his defensive assignments in 2004 and 2005.

Things don't change. Arrington was an arrogant player and now he is an arrogant blogger as well.

NFL rule 734.9 A3 states: "Any player who doesn't start and has yet to prove themselves, shall not be allowed to be in ugly chick's video. Any player that violates this rule will be terminated AND subject to ugly chicks and bad teams up until and not before the year 2089."

check it out this is real stuff.

Archived