Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

You referring to his shot amount or that fade away baseline jumper? :)

I guess you could argue both, but at the same time, I can't complain if he hits over 45% of his shots.

Damn, he isn't even doing that tonight! He'd have a career year if he shot 45% from the field.

Edited by SuperBash

An incredible number of offensive fouls being called on the Wiz based on the play by play in the fourth quarter... for someone watching what's going on?

I think the calls were correct, but a few of them were just bang bang plays. Wizards were very aggressive....when you are aggressive, you run the risk of offensive fouls...especially a younger team.

I only saw part of the 3rd quarter and the 4th quarter, but I really liked what I saw from Seraphin and Vesely....the whole team for that matter. Good job boys.

I didnt see the second half' date=' my feed cut out. But overall good game i think. I just have one question... How did wall get 7 turnovers in 21 minutes in a blowout! Damnit![/quote']

Thats his biggest flaw in his game. Even at Kentucky he just turned the ball over way to much and its transferred to the NBA. And some people want a coach that wants to run and gun.

Thats why to me JVG is a natural fit JWall will be used to his strenghts and allowed to pick&roll the whole game with his speed,size and athletism attacking the rim. Get some shooters to work off it and we will have the makings of a team with solid leadership and structure offensively and defensively.

Even tonight our offensive sets suck there is no structure at all within our offense. Look at Thibs he runs alot of the same stuff but Rose is just killing it its because he has a real structured system that plays to his strenghts.

Enjoyed watching the rare blowout but I've got some reservations about Crawford's play. He looked a little out of control and didn't finish well consistently. Attacking the rim is his strength, it's not good when he can't go up strong.

Bismack looks about as advertised. Vesely was the right pick (his length is just tremendous) but Bismack would have been a nice consolation.

Even if we don't get the first pick per se, the worst record still mathematically gives you the best chance at a high pick. Remember the lotto only determines the top 3 picks.

The 4th pick this year guarantees us one of the following: Davis, Kidd-Gilchrist, Barnes, or Sullinger. That's worth tanking for.

Even if we don't get the first pick per se, the worst record still mathematically gives you the best chance at a high pick. Remember the lotto only determines the top 3 picks.

The 4th pick this year guarantees us one of the following: Davis, Kidd-Gilchrist, Barnes, or Sullinger. That's worth tanking for.

Barnes, Kidd-G, and Lamb interest me the most at the moment. Not sure I can stomach another big that needs to develop an offensive game.

When is the last time the team with the worst record got the top pick? Seems like they never do

They got it with the Clippers pick, but Cleveland picked first this past year. Minnesota picked second, so the two worst teams picked first and second in some order. And picking fourth wouldn't be bad in this class, that's still probably someone like Harrison Barnes.

---------- Post added January-26th-2012 at 01:19 AM ----------

Peter John Ramos, Jarvis Hayes? You haven't looked at the facts. 9 years of drafts and no impact players; no all stars???

I think you are just arguing to argue now.

You're bent out of shape about a second rounder like Ramos? You seriously expect him to find All Stars outside the top five picks or so? You've got stupidly unrealistic expectations for success in the NBA draft if that's the case.

Most classes only have two or three eventual All Stars in them total and they almost always go at the top of the draft.

Finding a starter outside the top of the lottery is good drafting period. Nick Young and Javale were taken 16 and 18 respectively. That they've become starters at all is a feat, the draft is completely hit or miss in that range.

Add Thomas Robinson to that list, all he does is produce.

I said from the start that there was no way he should be going at 6. And sure enough, he fell to 15. Three picks before Singleton, who I'm more than happy with.

That I always agreed with, but its just a statement that nobody was worthy of the 6th pick unless you're drafting on potential. My ideal draft would have been Kawhi and Singleton. But I have to admit, I'm coming on to this guy Jan.

---------- Post added January-26th-2012 at 07:12 AM ----------

Finding a starter outside the top of the lottery is good drafting period. Nick Young and Javale were taken 16 and 18 respectively. That they've become starters at all is a feat, the draft is completely hit or miss in that range.

I'm seeing this Ernie bashing going on and I remember back to the days when we were questioning whether Ernie or Eddie should be fired. Eddie was fired and Ernie got to mold the team the way he wanted to. The fact that Young and Javale are starting (IMO) isn't indicative of them being super talented. Its more indicative of our team being so crappy that these guys who are probably subs on most teams or at least on legit teams are starting here. So I wouldn't be too excited about that.

Edited by Thinking Skins