Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

This team lacks talent and experience. There is just no way around it. No NBA starting caliber PF or SF and subpar SG. Wall is a not a scorer but has no one one to pass it to. Plus he's still turning it over. McGee is developing and not there yet. When your entire roster needs time or talent an you can't point to one consistent positive the team isn't good.

The scary part is how little upside this team has. Wall is good but until he gets a jump shot, he will never be a superstar. McGee will be a decent center. Beyond that, no one else is worth keeping other than having someone cheap come off the bench.

We all need to brace ourselves for a long period of losing. No major free agent will want to play on a crap team like this and EG doesn't seem capable of making good use of his high draft picks. That sucks, this city is craving a good NBA team.

The scary part is how little upside this team has. Wall is good but until he gets a jump shot, he will never be a superstar. McGee will be a decent center. Beyond that, no one else is worth keeping other than having someone cheap come off the bench.

We all need to brace ourselves for a long period of losing. No major free agent will want to play on a crap team like this and EG doesn't seem capable of making good use of his high draft picks. That sucks, this city is craving a good NBA team.

Wall and McGee both have the potential to be among the best in the league at their position. That's the two most important positions that would be locked up long term. Of course, neither are there yet. McGee is putting up #s that have him in the top 10 among Cs in PPG and RPG and he's #1 in the league in BPG and he's still not a finished product at only 23. And Wall has as much talent as anyone in the league and I still feel he will be a top 10 player in the entire league some day.

I like Singleton but he won't be more than a role player. If all he can do is play great D and hit open jumpers though, I'm fine with him as a starting SF. We'd just need more offense elsewhere. We have nothing at PF. Blatche is...well Blatche. Vesley is years away from being a real contributor. Booker is really a 7th-8th man on a good team. Thankfully there are lots of good PFs in this year's draft including the unibrow himself, Anthony Davis who has as much upside as anyone.

SG will be void too once Young walks in FA. I'd try to trade him to a contender at the deadline and at least get something for him. He honestly isn't worth keeping as all he can do is score but contributes almost nothing else and his asking price is too high. That, and I think he's part of the losing culture and just has to go, even if that means he'll shine elsewhere(kinda like the Carlos Rogers of the Wizards). Crawford is at best a 6th man but even then his streakiness and overconfidence can cost teams games.

SG will be void too once Young walks in FA. I'd try to trade him to a contender at the deadline and at least get something for him. He honestly isn't worth keeping as all he can do is score but contributes almost nothing else and his asking price is too high. That, and I think he's part of the losing culture and just has to go, even if that means he'll shine elsewhere(kinda like the Carlos Rogers of the Wizards). Crawford is at best a 6th man but even then his streakiness and overconfidence can cost teams games.

SG is already a void because we have Young playing it.

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/state/story/Karl-Malone-thinks-Sloan-will-coach-again/Fhe6Hc5cxEinm_lefA9OJA.cspx

__

"Coach Sloan should be coaching," said the NBA's second all-time leading scorer. "I don't care what anybody says, his style will work in the right situation. The situation here wasn't right for him, and instead of embarrassing a lot of people, he just did it the classier way."
If Sloan does come back to the game, Malone wants to be right by his side.

"If coach Sloan is coaching, I would love to be an assistant coach with him. I could learn so much from him, and I absolutely love him to death."

Blatche got yelled at by Wittman in the 2nd quarter, hasn't played since. Michael Lee tweeted he has a "strained calf muscle".

Injuries are making players cranky. They seem to get benched or into with coaches when they get injured on this team. :)

Edited by Destino