Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-120203-04/nba-all-star-reserve-picks

The Wizards have been working hard to move disappointing forward Andray Blatche, but a calf injury expected to sideline the favorite target of D.C. boobirds for three to five weeks won't make it any easier.

Sources close to the situation say that the Wizards had been trying to engage Charlotte on a Blatche-for-Tyrus Thomas swap.

The Wizards would naturally prefer Boris Diaw and his expiring contract -- with the bonus of knowing that Diaw's passing eye could only give the wild Wiz a much-needed boost to their basketball IQ -- but the ever-thrifty Bobcats aren't about to take on the remaining three years (worth nearly $23 million) on Blatche's contract if Thomas' similarly hefty deal isn't headed the other way.

I'd rather just use the amnesty on Blatche as opposed to bringing back Thomas.

Edited by StillUnknown

I'd rather just use the amnesty on Blatche as opposed to bringing back Thomas.

According to rotoworld contract details:

Tyrus Thomas

2011-12: $7,305,785.

2012-13: $8,000,000.

2013-14: $8,694,215.

2014-15: $9,388,430.

2014-15: UFA

Andray Blatche

2011-12: $6,442,083.

2012-13: $7,118,502.

2013-14: $7,794,921.

2014-15: $8,471,339.

2015-16: UFA

Why would we make this trade? Thomas is more expensive and his contract is just as long.

for some odd reason I remember seeing Tyrus play and thinking he was good (maybe it was because he was going against Antawn Jamison). Stats don't tell the whole story, but I'd have a hard time trading for a career 7-5 guy who isn't efficient at anything. I just assume amnesty Blatche or trade him for a 2nd round pick.

for some odd reason I remember seeing Tyrus play and thinking he was good (maybe it was because he was going against Antawn Jamison). Stats don't tell the whole story, but I'd have a hard time trading for a career 7-5 guy who isn't efficient at anything. I just assume amnesty Blatche or trade him for a 2nd round pick.

I had the exact same reaction when I looked at his stat sheet. :ols:

Man, how can I judge Wall when our team plain sucks? I mean I really feel for him. I don't care what people say I think Harrison Barnes is the best option for this team and another shooter would be nice in the second.

---------- Post added February-3rd-2012 at 07:37 PM ----------

Its interesting that he said "he believes in us". Is that saying something about Flip and/or Sam?

This is how I know sports makes people crazy. There's no rational reason we should keep coming back to them, or D.C. sports in general. Yet here we are, night after night.

I always tell myself it'll make being a great team again feel that much better, but on nights like this it's hard to remember that.

Now I understand why other teams point guards have career games against wall. Our defense just sucks. I mean really? Its like anything they touch turns to gold. Its not hard to get assists when everybody's getting open shots and easy layups.

---------- Post added February-3rd-2012 at 09:21 PM ----------

This is how I know sports makes people crazy. There's no rational reason we should keep coming back to them, or D.C. sports in general. Yet here we are, night after night.

I always tell myself it'll make being a great team again feel that much better, but on nights like this it's hard to remember that.

The sad thing is that during the Gilbert years (and yes I did enjoy those years even if it was only the first round of the playoffs), I used the Wizards to relieve my Redskins stress. Before that, I used the Terps. After that, I used the Caps. I really feel like I'm a kryptonite or this area is just cursed. All my teams suck right now. Maybe I need to expand my network to Georgetown and the Ravens.

Depressing.

But hey, let's draft an athletic 7 footer with no offensive game. Problem solved.

You guys fail to realize he is playing within the system at Kentucky with a bunch of gifted players. He is asked to play the block period.

Go watch his video's in this link from high school. He handles the ball like a guard and hit multiple 3's off the dribble, not just spotting up.

http://nbadraft.net/players/anthony-davis

We won't get the first pick anyway but this kid will be a star especially defensively. I would trade Wall for him straightup in a heartbeat.

Edited by Samuels

You guys fail to realize he is playing within the system at Kentucky with a bunch of gifted players. He is asked to play the block period.

Go watch his video's in this link from high school. He handles the ball like a guard and hit multiple 3's off the dribble, not just spotting up.

http://nbadraft.net/players/anthony-davis

We won't get the first pick anyway but this kid will be a star especially defensively. I would trade Wall for him straightup in a heartbeat.

http://swishscout.com/?page_id=1149

He can't shoot well and has a poor midrange game. Possibly the worst of the top tier bigs identified so far. He has other strengths and major potential but right now he can't shoot and has very little ability to create any offense for himself.

Edited by Destino

http://swishscout.com/?page_id=1149

He can't shoot well and has a poor midrange game. Possibly the worst of the top tier bigs identified so far. He has other strengths and major potential but right now he can't shoot and has very little ability to create any offense for himself.

I don't care what a ragtag scouting service says half of them are hacks or college students anyway.

Not sure what you guys are watching, did you watch his video's in that link I posted? A guy who can't shoot does'nt drain 3's off the dribble.

Even in that link you posted his video from Kentucky look at his ability to beat his man off the dribble and handle the ball. Watch the way he moves to get position when the ball goes up. This kid is a bigtime talent that rarely comes along. He will be a defensive force, imagine as he gets older and fills out.

People are failing to realize the offense at Kentucky does'nt ask him to shoot jumpers from the elbow. The kid is shooting 65%fg who cares if its dunks or putbacks obviously teams can't stop it. He only averages 7 shots a game anyway because that team is so talent ridden. The guy is putting up 13ppg 10reb 4.5blks at 18 years old on the most talent rich team in the country.

If he could consistently shoot that would be part of the offense, the fact that it isn't is telling. In the link I posted they show him trying to shoot and it's easy to see why they are fine without him shooting. What he did in high school doesn't matter.

If he could consistently shoot that would be part of the offense, the fact that it isn't is telling. In the link I posted they show him trying to shoot and it's easy to see why they are fine without him shooting. What he did in high school doesn't matter.

Thats a random 2 min clip with missed long jump shots and a FT. To me a guy who can't shoot does'nt even attempt long jump shots especially off the dribble. This kids upside is off the charts in my eyes.

Today is a great college basketball day to watch alot of the top prospects on ESPN.

Sullinger and OSU is playing Wisconsin right now

4pm Barnes and UNC vs Maryland

6pm Davis and Kentucky vs South Carolina

9pm Robinson and Kansas vs Missouri- This should be a great game