Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Wall's jumper is falling tonight. Nice to see, hopefully he builds off this night. Very good game from him all around.

on a sidenote:

@YahooForde

Pat Forde

UConn staff lighting up Drummond, who appears to have simply ceased competing.

---------- Post added February-6th-2012 at 09:14 PM ----------

haahahahahahahhahahahhaha at Mcgee. Oh man...

iIJopZzQ8il8n.gif

No awareness whatsoever.

---------- Post added February-6th-2012 at 09:20 PM ----------

The Wizards are about to blow what should've been an easy win.

Edited by StillUnknown

With this team, I'm impressed with any win. I'm liking that John's shot was falling tonight, although I was kinda mad at the number of missed free throws by him, Jordan, Young, and Booker (i think) late in the game that could have sealed it. But we came through with a win and Wall shut down the PG who embarrassed him last time.

---------- Post added February-6th-2012 at 10:22 PM ----------

Wall said it in the postgame. If Booker can develop a little 15-20 foot jumper then he could be real good.

McGee is so weak in the post when it comes to rebounding. All it takes is a tap to knock him off position.

Rebounding doesn't get you on sportscenter. :rolleyes:

We are in a really ****ty position with McGee. We can't let him walk because the other options are terrible but he is really not worth what he will get.

He's improved on a lot of things so hopefully rebounding is next on the list. You really can't have a center who is a ****ty rebounder, or at least if he doesn't rebound he knows how to box out. Haywood was a great example of this. He was a mediocre rebounder, but our rebounding with him on the floor was always good because he could box out very well.

Edited by No Excuses

Hey a win is a win take it any way you can, this team needs confidence and wins can get you that. I didn't see the game I seen the box score and Wall had 19 shots! We need him too score this pass first crap comes when you have people too pass it too we are lacking in that department.

We are in a really ****ty position with McGee. We can't let him walk because the other options are terrible but he is really not worth what he will get.

He's improved on a lot of things so hopefully rebounding is next on the list. You really can't have a center who is a ****ty rebounder, or at least if he doesn't rebound he knows how to box out. Haywood was a great example of this. He was a mediocre rebounder, but our rebounding with him on the floor was always good because he could box out very well.

He seems to be slipping back to the player he was last season. The flashes of improvement he showed earlier in the season are not showing up on a consistent basis. He's tried to add some offensive moves besides dunking, but he's nowhere close to being effective (he's shooting 69% at the rim, 33% from 3-9 ft, and it gets worse the more he goes out). His rate of improvement isn't occurring fast enough for me to want to commit even DeAndre Jordan money to him.

Barring a massive & consistent improvement over the 2nd half of the season, I offer him 8mil per. If he gets better than that on the market, I let him walk.

Edited by StillUnknown

Nah dude. Brendan Haywood wasnt good at rebounding. Antawn Jamison was the top rebounder year in and year out back then. It had nothing to do with Haywood's ability to box out. We need a PF who isnt soft ( Blatche) or undersized (Booker) or lacking any pro game (Vesely). That is where the rebounds should be coming from. One man should be there to scoop up the rebound, the other there for presence and blocking (on defense). Look at some of the top rebounders in the league: Griffin, Love, Humphries, David Lee, Aldridge, and Josh Smith. You either have a top rebounding Center, or a top rebounding PF. Obviously McGee is not that guy, but that doesnt mean he is a failure.

---------- Post added February-7th-2012 at 02:52 AM ----------

Barring a massive & consistent improvement over the 2nd half of the season, I offer him 8mil per. If he gets better than that on the market, I let him walk.

Nah man. You cant let McGee walk. He is 7 foot, leads the league in blocks, and has put in effort each year to get better. You know, i am a firm believer that you are allowed to have one dumbass per team. Ours has 3-4. Nick Young, Blatche, McGee, Crawford. Crawford is still learning, so the jury is out on him. Blatche and Young have got to go yesterday. Ive been waiting for them to go for 3 seasons now. We can overcome having one dumbass. Not 3.

Deandre Jordan has Griffin and Paul. You cant compare that with what we have. We dont even have 1 allstar let alone 2.

Nah man. You cant let McGee walk. He is 7 foot, leads the league in blocks, and has put in effort each year to get better. You know, i am a firm believer that you are allowed to have one dumbass per team. Ours has 3-4. Nick Young, Blatche, McGee, Crawford. Crawford is still learning, so the jury is out on him. Blatche and Young have got to go yesterday. Ive been waiting for them to go for 3 seasons now. We can overcome having one dumbass. Not 3.

Deandre Jordan has Griffin and Paul. You cant compare that with what we have. We dont even have 1 allstar let alone 2.

I'm with you on this. I'm willing to invest in McGee to keep him. I honestly think that as the team intelligence improves, it'll help his game. Young and Blatche are never beens who think they have more talent then they do. I really wish Young had more game, but he just doesn't.

Trevor Booker.
That's right. He had a Hell of a game. It's nice to have a guy with a set of balls on this team. That's Booker.

Did anybody see that move where McGee ran by himself down court in the 4thQ to get back on D and we still had the ball? Man that guy has zero basketball IQ. And was that a Mo Evans siting I saw last night?

Wall said that the Raptors were talking **** about The Wiz in shootaround. Really? The Raptors? This is our houses ****es!