BRAVEONAWARPATH

The Official Washington Wizards Thread: The JOHN WALL ERA

Recommended Posts

I can't believe how much better coached and run the Mystics are as an organization than the Wizards. The difference is huge.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

I can't believe how much better coached and run the Mystics are as an organization than the Wizards. The difference is huge.

 

 

 

Wnba is not my wheelhouse, but I imagine lucking into the fact that EDD wants to be closer to home helps to cover up alot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

I can't believe how much better coached and run the Mystics are as an organization than the Wizards. The difference is huge.

 

 

Or its because like the NBA the WNBA is a star driven league and the Mystics managed to luck into the best female player on Earth wanting to play here.

 

Kevin Durant who is actually FROM DC wouldn't even give the Wizards a meeting. "lolol"

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Or its because like the NBA the WNBA is a star driven league and the Mystics managed to luck into the best female player on Earth wanting to play here.

 

Kevin Durant who is actually FROM DC wouldn't even give the Wizards a meeting. "lolol"

 

Luck? They traded for her.  Wizards need to trade for another star, theres no hope in getting one to sign her, I'm stunned the Mystics figured this out before the Wizards did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

 

Luck? They traded for her.  Wizards need to trade for another star, theres no hope in getting one to sign her, I'm stunned the Mystics figured this out before the Wizards did.

They lucked into her in the sense Elena forced her way to Washington specifically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

They lucked into her in the sense Elena forced her way to Washington specifically.

 

Idk, most everytime we talk about getting star players to come here, it's about free agents refusing to even talk to us.  I'll give you she asked to be here, but how often have the Wizards tried to trade for former MVPs and the player kill the trade? To me that's different, we should be trying to trade for the best player we can put with Beal if the plan is to keep him here, imo, because I have zero faith in us signing or drafting an MVP capable player in the immediate future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't look now, but with Ernie finally gone the Wiz might not be the most embarrassing franchise in DC anymore...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, CRobi21 said:

Don't look now, but with Ernie finally gone the Wiz might not be the most embarrassing franchise in DC anymore...

 

I hear ya but let's revisit this once the Christmas decorations are up.  😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, CRobi21 said:

Don't look now, but with Ernie finally gone the Wiz might not be the most embarrassing franchise in DC anymore...

This season is going to be rough, but that’s by design.  The team is no longer trading assets for 8th place finishes and calling it success.  I expect the the defense this season is going to be hilariously bad, which is saying something considering how bad Beooks’ defenses have been. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, CRobi21 said:

Don't look now, but with Ernie finally gone the Wiz might not be the most embarrassing franchise in DC anymore...

 

Still gotta wait a cpl decades.

 

Wiz havent been good since the 70's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Mooka said:

 

Still gotta wait a cpl decades.

 

Wiz havent been good since the 70's.

I don't know how you define "good" but the Wizards have been a solid playoff team in recent memory.

 

Can't say that for the Skins...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Gil era and just a few short years ago, to boot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

I don't know how you define "good" but the Wizards have been a solid playoff team in recent memory.

 

Can't say that for the Skins...

 

Good = contender.

 

16 out of 30 teams make the NBA playoffs. Thats over half.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Mooka said:

 

Good = contender.

 

16 out of 30 teams make the NBA playoffs. Thats over half.

 

Then there are two maybe three good teams every season?  That seems like a silly standard for "good."

 

While 16 teams make the playoffs only eight win a playoff series.  The wizards have been a solid playoff team in recent years, that's undeniable.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I yearn for the day the Redskins and Wizards are actually good.  When I was a very young lad the Redskins were good, then that disappeared very quickly.  The Bullets/Wizards haven't been good since....forever.  Had a glimpse with Arenas/Butler/Jamison, but it was only a mirage.  There was that one year with Wall, but that quickly died.

 

Horrible franchises.  Sad for DC.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The defense and player movement haven't looked good in the first quarter.  Vegas is getting easy ball penetration and eating right around the basket.  We're doing too much standing around on the perimeter.

I am not sold at all on #20 either.  She hasn't really been doing anything well so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

The defense and player movement haven't looked good in the first quarter.  Vegas is getting easy ball penetration and eating right around the basket.  We're doing too much standing around on the perimeter.

I am not sold at all on #20 either.  She hasn't really been doing anything well so far.

 

I'll be damned, I almost thought I was only one watching this.

 

Definetly feels like Aces have stolen momentum in this series, I dont want to see their body language say they got one more game at home when it's an elimination game.  We've all seen that before : /

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah the Mystics really need to close this one out.

 

#30 has a smooth post up game.  I like feeding the ball on the left block and having Delle-Donne spot up in the corner for the kick out.  I think they can generate some easy offense via that set.

Hm.  I don't really watch the women's game, and I've not seen that before.  30 didn't even jump for the ball on that jump-ball, just backed down to front the girl spotted up in the paint.

 

I like this big line up they're using.  They sparked a really nice run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@stevemcqueen1  #20 is Kristi Toliver, think she's not herself because shes just coming back from a knee injury and in her early 30s.  

 

Huge, got the lead going into half.  And agree on the size thing, this is what was missing with Messamen being out last year, getting to finals without her last year said a lot to me. Looked forward to seeing her with Delle Donne

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

@stevemcqueen1  #20 is Kristi Toliver, think she's not herself because shes just coming back from a knee injury and in her early 30s.  

 

Huge, got the lead going into half.  And agree on the size thing, this is what was missing with Messamen being out last year, getting to finals without her last year said a lot to me 

 

I like her game a lot so far.  She is tough and active and smart and skilled.  She's doing pretty good work helping on big #8.  I like her at forward with #30 playing center.

 

Toliver just looks a step slow on defense and her decision-making with the ball has been off in the first half of this game.  She's going to have to step back on offense and stop gambling on D.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugh, hated us missing that bunny.  Anyones game now.

 

Toliver trying, sometimes too hard, but she's fighting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/23/2019 at 9:57 PM, CRobi21 said:

Don't look now, but with Ernie finally gone the Wiz might not be the most embarrassing franchise in DC anymore...

Dude the wizards have been failures since 1979 

 

Redskins have a long way to go to reach that incompetence. 2019-20. Is basically a write off for wizards

Edited by ixcuincle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.