Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I don't expect a trade.

1.) Ariza is the only one we can really trade, but he's playing so well for us and we can use his expiring for our own savings. Hard to justify dealing him unless it's for something good.

2.) Porter has not shown enough so far to reassure us that we won't take a step back by dealing Ariza.

I expect us to keep this group together and see if we can close out the year strong, make the playoffs, and hopefully make a little bit of noise in the postseason.

The only trades Ernie can make (and still save his job) are are those that immediately upgrade the team or at the very least do not downgrade it in any way. If a trade is made for any future asset or young player it will be a player outside the current 8 man rotation (Booker and Temple being the exceptions). Those players aren't valuable enough to bring much so I doubt that will happen. He can't afford to trade Ariza now and rely on Otto, as an example.

I don't expect a trade.

1.) Ariza is the only one we can really trade, but he's playing so well for us and we can use his expiring for our own savings.  Hard to justify dealing him unless it's for something good.

2.) Porter has not shown enough so far to reassure us that we won't take a step back by dealing Ariza.

I expect us to keep this group together and see if we can close out the year strong, make the playoffs, and hopefully make a little bit of noise in the postseason.

I think the east is bad enough that we would still make the playoffs even if we traded Ariza. I'm not high on extending Ariza, unless the team feels Porter won't be who they thought moving forward. I would rather sell Ariza while his value is high if there is a good deal to be made.

Remember, Ernie tried to trade him for Caron Butler last season.

Lol at Martell's nude photo-bomb live during a Garrett Temple interview on Comcast. Anybody else see that? Love Webster. Would absolutely love it if he replaces Chenier one day. Really think he would be perfect. (And don't get me wrong. Love Phil. Not talking about replacing him cause he sucks. Just when he's ready to retire.)

Anyway, so yeah, love this team. Blows my mind that they don't get more run on the national stage. Such a fun team to watch. Great win tonight.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

John has done so many amazing plays in four years that it's not that surprising any more. I kind of take it for granted actually.

He's kind of like Sean Taylor in that way. The talent is just so incredible it changes your standards. And you never get time to pause and reflect on the special things he does. You're just watching to see what happens next, see if he can show you something new.

Someone should make the definitive highlight video for his first four seasons. It would be incredible.

John has done so many amazing plays in four years that it's not that surprising any more. I kind of take it for granted actually.

He's kind of like Sean Taylor in that way. The talent is just so incredible it changes your standards. And you never get time to pause and reflect on the special things he does. You're just watching to see what happens next, see if he can show you something new.

Someone should make the definitive highlight video for his first four seasons. It would be incredible.

It is probably just the homer in me, but I would just like to say I appreciate your posts regarding the Wizards. Being a broke out-of-town fan, I have to rely on game casts, hi lights, and message boards for information. This thread seems to give me the best info out there. Realgm seems to be an overly negative/ baffle you with bull**** site. You would think Wall is a lowly scrub, Booker does nothing on the court, and Beal should just be cut. But you cannot argue because they have all sorts of stats to back them up. Wall is barely Top 10 PG in the league::rolleyes:: I'm rambling. Thanks for the Wiz insight. Edited by StuckinIA

Even if they win it all i want the name back. Im still salty that Charlotte got theirs back and not us.

Charlotte also proved Leonsis is full of **** on the renaming stuff. He makes it sound like it takes years and years. Then Charlotte jumps when the New Orleans changes their name. He's starting to sound like a used car salesman pretending to be some nice guy. We know its not that hard, you just don't want to do it, Ted. Just like you don't want to have to hire your own GM.

Even if they win it all i want the name back. Im still salty that Charlotte got theirs back and not us.

^^This. I'd love to see some kind of Cindarella run to a champeenship type deal but I'd still want Les Boulez back. Heck, I could even settle for just changing it to something else less embarrassing. If not, at least we now have "The Pelicans" to take on the mantle of having the worst team name in major professional sports.

Ahhh Les Boulez playing .500 ball. Who would have ever thought such a thing possible? Given our recent and not so recent history that's not a knock from me but rather a triumphant expression of joy. :D

Edited by Yusuf06

Charlotte also proved Leonsis is full of **** on the renaming stuff. He makes it sound like it takes years and years. Then Charlotte jumps when the New Orleans changes their name. He's starting to sound like a used car salesman pretending to be some nice guy. We know its not that hard, you just don't want to do it, Ted. Just like you don't want to have to hire your own GM.

I gave up any hope of switching back with the Sandy Hook shooting. That ended any chance we had.

It is probably just the homer in me, but I would just like to say I appreciate your posts regarding the Wizards. Being a broke out-of-town fan, I have to rely on game casts, hi lights, and message boards for information. This thread seems to give me the best info out there. Realgm seems to be an overly negative/ baffle you with bull**** site. You would think Wall is a lowly scrub, Booker does nothing on the court, and Beal should just be cut. But you cannot argue because they have all sorts of stats to back them up. Wall is barely Top 10 PG in the league: :rolleyes:: I'm rambling. Thanks for the Wiz insight.

Man that makes me feel good.

And I'm with you on RealGM.  I post there a lot too, but I come here for a reality check.  People don't really have the agendas here that they do on RealGM.  And you nailed it that there is a nerd numbers culture on RealGM.  People believe their numbers rather than their own eyes.

I'm currently arguing with someone who is ****sure that Kyle Lowry and Mike Conley are just as good as Wall, if not better.  I'm just like, dude... those two can never do the things Wall did in that game last night.  Those two can never step onto a court with LeBron and Wade and Bosh and be the best player that night.

Numbers are an incomplete byproduct of what players do.  It's a different culture here.  We take it for granted that numbers don't give a complete picture of the events of the court, that they're completely detextualized.  

That's not the case there.  You actually have posters arguing that everything can be learned from boxscore numbers, and that numbers are the best way to look at basketball because they don't have bias.  And then meanwhile that very same poster will argue that Nene only has a meh game against Miami because he only shot 6 of 15 from the floor and only got 4 rebounds.  Nevermind he also scored 19 points, 3 blocks, 2 steals, and 9 assists against only one turnover and generally dominated the Heat front court all night.

I really couldn't care less if they went back to Bullets, but I absolutely LOATHE the name "wizards."  Find it much more offensive than Redskins.  LOL. 

I wanted them to change it back to the Bullets too for a while.  But I thought about it and I don't think they should change it back to Bullets any more.  To me it'd be disrespectful to Abe Polin to do it.  He was really sincere and heartfelt about changing the name from Bullets to try and promote a more positive culture.  Not have gang members wearing your stuff to be ironic...

I think Wizards would wear better if we win.  Right now our brand has been so toxic the name is idiosyncratic in a dorky way.  But does anyone think Demon Deacons or Blue Devils is dorky?

If we do change the name from Wizards, I'll be fine if they pick something else that's better.  But I don't think they should change it to Bullets.

Ted is a prick.

He is a really bad sports owner.