Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Time to do some major damage on this 5-game homestand.

Yep. We have GOT to take advantage of this stretch right here. It's several of the teams we'll be competing with for seeding in the East. If we can rip off a bunch of wins here, it'll buffer us for the stretch of West teams we've got immediately afterwards.

And in fact, we really need to win like 5 of our next 6. Because look at the 5 game stretch starting with playing @ GS on the 28.

1.) @ GS on 1/28

2.) @ LAC on 1/29

3.) vs OKC on 2/1

4.) vs POR on 2/3

5.) vs SA on 2/5

Probably going to lose all five. We'll be fortunate to go 1-4. And we'd have to consider it a big success to go 2-3.

So winning five out of our next six games puts us at 2 games under .500 again after that Murderer's Row assuming we go 0-5.

And 2 games under .500 at that point means we've got a decent chance of finishing February at .500. Which means we'll probably be in good shape to compete for the fifth seed still. Maybe even fourth.

• Like 1

BTW, John took this game over and was the best player on the floor for much of the night.

He played like a hoss and made sure we won. That three at the end was just disgusting.

And Nene and Gortat went off too. Nene and Wall looked every bit as formidable as James and Bosh. At least for tonight. Holistic team effort was a lot better from the Wizards too.

Offensively minded bigs with legit size and fast PGs are the Heat's Achilles heel. That's why I don't think they're a safe bet to threepeat. I think they're still the favorite, but not like the previous three years.

i wouldnt say that. The Heat were out partying last night so that may be an advantage.

i said it

Offensively minded bigs with legit size and fast PGs are the Heat's Achilles heel. That's why I don't think they're a safe bet to threepeat. I think they're still the favorite, but not like the previous three years.

thats sorta true, but their biggest threat is that they are old and have played the maximum games for 3 straight years. They already look like they are wearing out this year.

After nights like tonight its hard to believe Derrick Rose has more allstar votes than John Wall. Great win.

out of all the sports, NBA fans are stans for the most part and only know recognized names. A ot of this may be down to the international vote as well.

You could say that is true of baseball too, but Chris Davis was not a big time name in April of 2013 and ended up leading in All Star voting for all players.

Even still Wall not getting more votes is nowhere near as egregious as the thought of Jeremy Lin starting an All Star game, which looks more than likey it will happen if Chris Paul cant make it.

Edited by JoeWolf990

I was watching a DVD and when it ended my eyes had trouble focusing on the score. Does that say Wizards 56, Heat 26? WTF!

Nene, Booker and Wall ALL had great games. Is it weird for your power forward to have 9 assists? When we run the offense through Nene and he is engaged and seems to give a **** there are times where we look incredible. Nice win and great confidence builder.