Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Beal lost that game with his amazing Shaqtin a fool play where he managed to lose the dribble and fall down all by himself up 1 late on an easy fast break. Somewhere McGee was thinking "even I haven't done that"

Wall shouldn't have been given a max deal. His horrible shooting, bad shot selection, and disinterest in general is alarming. Kyrie is a star, Wall is looking more like Rondo with less consistent defense.

I counted 3 plays in that OT where our shooting player would've had an easy offensive rebound if they'd just followed their own shot.

You don't see that in the NBA because if the PG/Wings go for offensive rebounds and fail they give up easy transition points.

I hate that Vesely has to play so many minutes.  I hope Porter gets well soon....

Vesely was in for Nene and Gortat and he played well.  Certainly better than the Seraphin disaster.  Let that be a lesson to guys that are asked to play with their national team and choose instead to let the Wizards crack coaching squad refine their game in the offseason.  Poor Kevin has never been worse.  

Rice was in because Porter and Ariza are injured.

Plus I got to say "AIRWOLF!" twice today and that is special. Between that and Polish Hammer I am flush with great nicknames to shout enthusiastically in the first half before reality sets in and drives me to drinking and sarcasm.

Edited by Destino

Incredibly bad play and it came at a bad time too.  Then after then game he's barking at Jack for scoring when the game was already won... he made a fool of himself late in the game today.  

I didn't like that ending from Beal at all. He had a decent game, but he should be bigger than barking at the end of the game like that.

Is the silver lining in this season that it could lead to a new front office?

when we are "out" of playoff contention by January, this is what I will be most happiest about.

Then again Leonsis will be scared pooless and will probably turn to Ernie to help him hire a GM and coach. Cycle continues.

Think the Kings would be dumb enough to give us a unprotected 1st this year for Wall?  Maybe we could hype up the whole "reunite Wall and Cousins" thing.  I'm getting buyers remorse and I'm less worried about Wall being good than I am his not being nearly as good as his contract.  

when we are "out" of playoff contention by January, this is what I will be most happiest about.

Then again Leonsis will be scared pooless and will probably turn to Ernie to help him hire a GM and coach. Cycle continues.

I would have to be done with the franchise at that point. I'd root for Golden State, the Western Wizards as I refer to them.

Wall is shooting 38% from the floor.  That is awfully embarrassing.

Beal lost that game with his amazing Shaqtin a fool play where he managed to lose the dribble and fall down all by himself up 1 late on an easy fast break. Somewhere McGee was thinking "even I haven't done that"

Wall shouldn't have been given a max deal. His horrible shooting, bad shot selection, and disinterest in general is alarming. Kyrie is a star, Wall is looking more like Rondo with less consistent defense.

John Wall at this point is not a max player.   I'm sure the usual suspects will argue.  It's almost comical at this point to think a certain someone said he'd be the best athlete in D.C. within a year or two.  Yeah, nope. 

• Like 1

Kyrie made Wall his **** last night, watching the game it was like Wall was scared of him I don't know how many times Wall fell asleep on defense and let Kyrie get a open 3 after open 3. Then when he decide to man up on him Kyrie just blew right by him. Now Kyrie is a very gifted player and that can happen to 90% of the league trying to guard the man but after you get beat Wall didn't up his game on offense at all, it was like he accepted that he couldnt compete with the guy. The 12 assist was nice but a 100 million I am expecting the guy to take over the game in crunch time and he didn't.

Beal, he played well that stupid turnover was just dumb but he was a BEAST the whole game.

Nene let me say I am one of his biggest critics but he was a MAN last night he battled hard and played well that 2 man game with Beal they was running last night was deadly his passes was on the money, and he played well offensively

Gortait I thought he played soft last night, Nene let him have it in the overtime after that play when Gortait fell to the floor and Nene left was battling 2 Cavs and the result was Nene got posterized. 

Vessley the man hussles and you have to respect that but he has the worst offensive game in the NBA.

Rice Jr. played alot of minutes and did nothing, absolutley NOTHING.

Nene and Beal played there asses off everybody else was alseep. I thought Wittman coached a good game can't blame him at all. I want the John Wall that played like a top 10 player in the league the last 30 games of last year.

I would have to be done with the franchise at that point. I'd root for Golden State, the Western Wizards as I refer to them.

I'm trying hard not to be done with them right now. I wanted change fast. I wanted that elusive "next level" this season. I've quit early on them for 3 years because I just knew by 30 games in that they weren't ready for prime time. 

They assembled a hype-worthy roster for this season but it became apparent after only 5 (five, wow) games to me that I'm spinning my wheels as a devotee.

Some will say I'm judging too early (and I'll be happy if they're right) but I've just seen this movie too many times.

• Like 1

Kyrie made Wall his **** last night, watching the game it was like Wall was scared of him I don't know how many times Wall fell asleep on defense and let Kyrie get a open 3 after open 3. Then when he decide to man up on him Kyrie just blew right by him. Now Kyrie is a very gifted player and that can happen to 90% of the league trying to guard the man but after you get beat Wall didn't up his game on offense at all, it was like he accepted that he couldnt compete with the guy. The 12 assist was nice but a 100 million I am expecting the guy to take over the game in crunch time and he didn't.

Beal, he played well that stupid turnover was just dumb but he was a BEAST the whole game.

Nene let me say I am one of his biggest critics but he was a MAN last night he battled hard and played well that 2 man game with Beal they was running last night was deadly his passes was on the money, and he played well offensively

Gortait I thought he played soft last night, Nene let him have it in the overtime after that play when Gortait fell to the floor and Nene left was battling 2 Cavs and the result was Nene got posterized. 

Vessley the man hussles and you have to respect that but he has the worst offensive game in the NBA.

Rice Jr. played alot of minutes and did nothing, absolutley NOTHING.

Nene and Beal played there asses off everybody else was alseep. I thought Wittman coached a good game can't blame him at all. I want the John Wall that played like a top 10 player in the league the last 30 games of last year.

Wittman's rotations still left a lot to be desired, late in the game coming out of a couple of timeouts, we had some really bad plays on offense.

I realize the bench is horrible, but there has to be a better way of getting the starters, especially Wall, rest. Sitting him for the first 5-7 minutes of the 2nd & 4th quarters and watching whatever good work our starters did go to **** is becoming old very fast.

Edited by StillUnknown