Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Brewer is hounding Beal. Beal's stamina is pretty amazing and he's made some big shots. The kid is a stud.

bad time for turnover in the post by Vesely

there's a reason they don't pass it to him in that spot

Yeah, not like he's going to score. Beal has been throwing those bounce passes at his big's feet though. He needs to get it to them a little higher.

Meh, that's a BS call on Nene.

That's a BS call on Gortat.

We've got to win tomorrow night too. Need to build a streak to get ourselves out of this hole.

It's going to be hard for the starters to keep playing the kind of minutes they've been getting. Probably going to be some dead legs tomorrow night. I don't see how Beal does it. He's got to be wearing down.

28 assists, 2 to's for Wall in his last 2 games

get that shooting percentage up and he's an all-star

You can tell his back is an issue that's effecting his scoring. He can't drive well and his shot mechanics have been iffy. His passing has been incredible though.

• Like 1

We've got to win tomorrow night too. Need to build a streak to get ourselves out of this hole.

It's going to be hard for the starters to keep playing the kind of minutes they've been getting. Probably going to be some dead legs tomorrow night. I don't see how Beal does it. He's got to be wearing down.

You can tell his back is an issue that's effecting his scoring. He can't drive well and his shot mechanics have been iffy. His passing has been incredible though.

I can understand the point about not driving because of the back, that doesn't mean he should be taking the amount of long jumpshots he has so far. He has to find the medium between long two's and driving.

I can understand the point about not driving because of the back, that doesn't mean he should be taking the amount of long jumpshots he has so far. He has to find the medium between long two's and driving.

Yeah he's settling for too many jumpers, too many coming early in the clock. If he's not driving, then he needs to slow down and get his bigs more possessions, or try and get Beal the ball.

If Randy's offense is calling for Wall to shoot like this, his plays suck.

Problem is teams are back to daring Wall to shoot. He's going to have to learn to hit that damn shot and probably get a lot stronger so he can fight his way to the rim through contact. His duck and scoop move isn't a great go to move in the half court set. The 16 assists to 1 turnover is great. 14 points on 5-17 shooting is Rudy Gay terrible.

I'd prefer Wall not have more shot attempts than Webster, Nene, or Gortat.

Edited by Destino

Problem is teams are back to daring Wall to shoot. He's going to have to learn to hit that damn shot and probably get a lot stronger so he can fight his way to the rim through contact. His duck and scoop move isn't a great go to move in the half court set. The 16 assists to 1 turnover is great. 14 points on 5-17 shooting is Rudy Gay terrible.

I'd prefer Wall not have more shot attempts than Webster, Nene, or Gortat.

Webster, Nene, and Gortat have no ability to create their own shot. They need Wall to give it to them. Wall needs to start hitting more of this shots, but i dont want to see him shooting less. It keeps the defense honest with regards to the passing lanes.

Lock of the century: Martell Webster will be a member of the media when he retires. For a guy who came straight out of high school, goddamn it's so impressive how well spoken he is. I'd love to see him maybe take over the color role for Wiz broadcasts one day. Maybe his playing retirement and Phil's broadcasting retirement coincide.

• Like 2

Webster, Nene, and Gortat have no ability to create their own shot. They need Wall to give it to them. Wall needs to start hitting more of this shots, but i dont want to see him shooting less. It keeps the defense honest with regards to the passing lanes.

I haven't seen the stats but I don't see a Nene getting too many assisted baskets near the rim this season. How mostly creates his own in the post from what I've seen. Gortat is open on the PnR a lot more than it would seem looking at his FGA. Walk and Beal often pass up feeding the ball to shoot. Webster gets shots based on team ball movement as much as direct assists. If Wall keeps the ball moving Webster will get more shots.

Wall can't keep putting up less than 1 point per shot games. He's got 5 in 10 games.

Lock of the century: Martell Webster will be a member of the media when he retires. For a guy who came straight out of high school, goddamn it's so impressive how well spoken he is. I'd love to see him maybe take over the color role for Wiz broadcasts one day. Maybe his playing retirement and Phil's broadcasting retirement coincide.

There was another Wizard like that a while ago, I think it was Brendon Haywood. Some guys just sound like they belong in the media. Sadly we have Lavar to enjoy on the radio. Edited by Destino

Nene is the second facilitator on this team. But he isnt able to get that many of his own shots. A large percentage of his points tonight were off great feeds inside. What happens when he doesnt get the good feeds? (see last Cleveland game). Wall just needs to get healthy, and his shot will return. Webster is a catch-and-shoot kind of guy. Not a creator.

Great win tonight. Minnesota were playing good.

Wall's all around game is coming along, but he needs to find his jumper or at least attack the rim. I bet the back is bothering him.

Adelman looks like he giving up on his coaching. That was weird tonight.

Really strong performance from the bench. Happy with Vesely finally finding a role.

i dont know what that means.

Awesome slate of basketball games tonight. Arizona is starting up.

Julius Randle with 22 and 10 with 4 assists and 2 blocks.

Jabari Parker with 21 and 9 with 2 assists, a steal, and 6 blocks.

Marcus Smart with a monstrous 39 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists, 5 steals, and 2 blocks in a 20 point win over #11 Memphis.

Wiggins with just 13 points, 7 rebounds, 3 assists, and 2 steals. He only took 9 shots. Bill Self's system limits the touches of perimeter scorers and Wiggins doesn't seem very concerned with his own numbers.

Joel Embiid shot 7-7 from the field for 16 points, 13 boards, and 2 blocks. That kid is enormous and just dominating people with pure size and athleticism.

The top of this draft class could be the best in NBA history if all of those kids declare.