Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Positive thoughs amigo. Positive thoughts.

I imagine he puts up 18 points tonight. Although I would love to see him put up 28.

Why not 38?

Maybe one day he'll break Wilt's record of 100 by scoring 108 too. He after all he is the Silent Assassin.

Edited by No Excuses

For those who know, what happened to Rashard Lewis? Wasn't he really good at one point when he was with the Sonics? Is it age or injuries? I haven't kept up with basketball in years now.

Hedo left--a great passer.

Vince arrived--a ball hog.

Go Away Curse O' Les Boulez

Heard Wall is gonna be out a week. That's not so bad. When I heard "awhile" I thought it was a multiple week thing. If it takes Reebok another week to get this **** right, then so be it.

He should switch to New Balance. I've never had any problems with my feet since making the switch away from Nike/Reebok/Converse.

Hedo left--a great passer.

Vince arrived--a ball hog.

McD, that doesn't explain the drop in shooting percentages. Not only has his production dropped but the percentages have as well, where as the attempts are still pretty close to the last few years.

I will say this that not too long ago, Shard was one of the most highly skilled tweeners in the league. But the problem is that he never did much besides scoring and now that his scoring his suffered, the rest of his game has been exposed big time.

He should switch to New Balance. I've never had any problems with my feet since making the switch away from Nike/Reebok/Converse.

I didn't know New Balance made basketball shoes. Does Asics? Those are the best imo. For running anyway.

McD, understand this: We are a rebuilding team. 2/3/4 year rebuilding plan. We like to win now but we understand that it's going to take time. We're psyched for Wall, for NY, for McGee, for the other rookies and youngsters. We want to see them grow.

Rashard isn't going to be here at the end of this road. He's just a guy. He's a nice player and he'll help us, but it's whatever right now. The Gilbert trade was a contract dump. It wasn't a "YES BABY! WE UPGRADED THE TEAM!!" trade. It doesn't have anything to do with us thinking Gilbert was the better player. Or Rashard is the better player. Outside of the time here of a local legend who gave us some GREAT memories ending, we don't care.

True Sticks. Even the defense looks better without Gil getting burned by the other teams guards. Less turnovers as well.

The flow has been excellent the last two games. I think it's time we all start giving Nick Young his credit. Lethal scorer and a solid defender. We better pay him.

since i was at the game, i'm taking full credit for tonight's blowout :ols:

i'm not understanding why Seraphin didn't get more minutes when the game was clearly out of reach. any time he can get on the court will only benefit him in the long run, but i don't remember seeing him until the final 4minutes of the game

Why was Kwame dominating the post????? Lol

the arena got pretty loud with boos, despite the low turnout, every time he touched the ball :ols:

Amazing what happens when the offense isn't constricted by a nightly 4-15 shooter.

he went 2-11 tonight for Orlando

Edited by StillUnknown

I just got home from class so I'm just now watching the game. Still in the first half.

I just wanna say though, is it really necessary to boo Kwame? Seems petty, immature and lame to me. I don't hate him. He sucks but he didn't draft himself #1 overall. And it's not like he didn't live up to the pick because he's a lazy ***** or because he's a criminal or something. Get over it.

EDIT: WTF is up with these refs? This is ridiculous. We had three fouls in one Bobcat possession? Ticky tack too. Bull****.

EDIT 2: Ah I forgot that Scott Foster is crooked.

http://www.mahalo.com/scott-foster-referee-scandal

Foster-Donaghey.png

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

Wow. Don't know if Arenas was holding the team back but man, what a difference. Makes me wonder.

Hinrich is a great backup PG, Hudson looked nice, NY is legit, and I can't lie, Blatche is looking much better. I still think he's ultimately a bum but he's much less of one than he was to start the year.

---------- Post added December-21st-2010 at 02:13 AM ----------

BTW, I don't know if I've ever seen the PhoneBooth so empty.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

Attendance was horrible GA. I was being offered free seats in the lower bowl. :ols:

Apparently someone on another Wizards forum got free seats and a meet and greet with Nick Young.

Great game though. When Blatche and McGee aren't playing like idiots, our defense is stellar. Without Gilbert, we have some really good perimeter defenders in Hinrich, Young and Howard.

I'd hesitate to attribute improved performance to getting rid of Gil. We did played the lowly Bobcats without their best player. If Wallace plays he probably drops 30+15 on us and we lose by 1.

That said, the offensive flow does appear to be better without Gil in there. Young has been taking, and making, very smart shots for the most part. Blatche still has his moments, and I have basically given up all hope that he's going to go hard for a dunk and get fouled when he drives to the basket. Granted, he does get a fair amount of and-ones because of his finger rolls, something that likely wouldn't happen if he simply tried to throw it down with 2 hands. Nice to see the team play fairly smart after the collapse against Miami.

I wonder how much Josh Howard coming back is helping too.

---------- Post added December-21st-2010 at 02:40 AM ----------

Attendance was horrible GA. I was being offered free seats in the lower bowl. :ols:

Apparently someone on another Wizards forum got free seats and a meet and greet with Nick Young.

With the semester over I'm definitely going to get out to some more games. I used to have a connect for the Players Club luxury suit. With the ****ty attendance I gotta think I can get some more of those. I'll have to see what's up with that.

I'd hesitate to attribute improved performance to getting rid of Gil. We did played the lowly Bobcats without their best player. If Wallace plays he probably drops 30+15 on us and we lose by 1.

That said, the offensive flow does appear to be better without Gil in there. Young has been taking, and making, very smart shots for the most part. Blatche still has his moments, and I have basically given up all hope that he's going to go hard for a dunk and get fouled when he drives to the basket. Granted, he does get a fair amount of and-ones because of his finger rolls, something that likely wouldn't happen if he simply tried to throw it down with 2 hands. Nice to see the team play fairly smart after the collapse against Miami.

I wouldn't at all. He was holding us back because he demands the ball so much just by his style and now he can't even hit open looks.

And if we are going to bring up injuries how about our best player Mr. Wall on the bench. Think we still lose if he plays?

Edited by Sticksboi05

I credit Rex Grossman. He inspired both the Caps and Wizards to victory.

Honestly, I don't think you can read that much into one game against the lowly Bobcats. It's hard to lose against a team when Kwame Brown and Dominic McGuire each play more than 20 minutes.