Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

A second favorite team ? :doh:

Yeah. The Magic are my team. But I mean another team that has been cursed and deserves to win. Fans that have been in pain in a great city, who deserve some success.

A player that I love, going somewhere else. And a team that can hopefully give Boston and Miami a few more losses. I'll be pulling for them.

I love his athleticism but his basketball IQ is lacking....which is strange considering his parents were ballers.

I know right? Sometimes I get mad at Flip for benching him but I could understand the frustration. McGee has been in the league long enough to realize that in these situations he has a guy standing wide open underneath the rim for two easy points but he tries to make a selfish highlight reel play.

I think his mother is to blame a little bit. From all accounts, she's always taught McGee to be a flashy dynamic player. He grew up with the mentality that he is a SF/PF. I remember Pam McGee saying that she thought Javale's future in the NBA was as a PF and not C.

She is wrong and Javale is under a serious misconception. His defensive game has improved but he really stinks on offense if he isn't getting easy dunks.

Edited by No Excuses

Yeah. The Magic are my team. But I mean another team that has been cursed and deserves to win. Fans that have been in pain in a great city, who deserve some success.

A player that I love, going somewhere else. And a team that can hopefully give Boston and Miami a few more losses. I'll be pulling for them.

The Clippers are cursed too right ? Mavs, Wolves, etc. Scott was better than Lewis.

I do understand the last part though.

http://www.nba.com/magic/news/denton_arenaschat_121810.html

QUESTION: Did it ever dawn on you last June or the year before when you were here that you might want to someday play for the Magic?

GILBERT ARENAS: ``I used to complain to Otis when I was a free agent and the last six or seven years since he’s been here to, `Come and get me.’ Because this was my favorite team growing up. I was a Penny Hardaway fan. That’s going by my number, No. 1.’’

QUESTION: Did you see you see a trade happening eventually in Washington?

GILBERT ARENAS: ``I sensed something when I was coming off the bench. The excuse was that they needed scoring off the bench. My questions was, `Where’s the scoring from the starting five?’ I figured they were probably shipping me out because I was playing well and some people would probably have some interest in me.’’

Now he's in Orlando with Dwight. You can't ask for a better pairing for strange times. I seem to remember seeing a video of Dwight ding-dong ditching rooms in a hotel. Nothing is funnier than seeing a 7'1 dude knock on your door then run away giggling down the hallway of your hotel.

I love his athleticism but his basketball IQ is lacking....which is strange considering his parents were ballers.

you kinda get the sense he spends more time on practicing for a dunk contest than working on his game

---------- Post added December-19th-2010 at 11:16 AM ----------

:ols: awesome.

now all I need is the free throw line hook shot from the first game this season to complete it

scroll back a few pages and there is a youtube clip of him attempting (and failing massively) a free throw line dunk at the end of the blowout against the kings

---------- Post added December-19th-2010 at 11:18 AM ----------

:ols: awesome.

now all I need is the free throw line hook shot from the first game this season to complete it

scroll back a few pages and there is a youtube clip of him attempting (and failing massively) a free throw line dunk at the end of the blowout against the kings

I didnt get a good look at the Wade foul call. But Hinrich was NOT fouled.......Bosh jumped straight up in the air and Hinrich plowed into him.......

They were letting them play all night to be honest.

Im not going to sit here and deny the NBA doesnt give superstar treatment though. No question it does.

Bosh isn't the one who fouled him (although there was contact from him too), it was the second defender. It was most definitely a foul.

---------- Post added December-19th-2010 at 02:37 PM ----------

He played all 48 minutes tonight because the team had no other PG's on the roster.

Tough loss but in the long run a win would have made no difference. I really don't care about wins or losses at this point, I look for effort.

Nick Young continues to show that he can perform at high levels against the NBA's elite. Dude is a baller and a key part of our future. Getting 30 point games against top notch defenders like Kobe and Wade is no joke.

Yeah enough of this sixth man crap. Young has proven that he deserves to start alongside Wall as our backcourt of the future. If nothing else, that Arenas trade will be a good move if it clears the way for Young to star.

Ernie needs to get some credit for his draft picks. He hasn't hit on all of them (who has?) but considering where we were picking, Young, Blatche and McGee is a pretty impressive haul. McGuire is still in the league (damn good for a 2nd rounder) and Booker and Seraphin look like players.

Drafting seems to be the one thing Ernie does really well. You're absolutely right, Young, Blatche, and McGee were great picks in the middle to late parts of the first and second and they are the reason our rebuild wasn't as daunting as it was for say, the Clippers or Timberwolves. We won't need 5 top 5 picks to get back on track like they do/did.

But hopefully the lottery will make Ernie's job easier this offseason and we can just have our pick of the top forwards in the class: Sullinger, Jones, Jones, Barnes.

BTW, did anyone else see how good Barnes played yesterday? The kid is really coming out of his shell. His effort was lost because UNC lost and the other freshman like Selby and Sullinger had freaking monstrous days. But Barnes had a good game and his shot is there now. He shot well from the floor and nailed his FTs and also hit a clutch 3 pointer that gave his team a chance at the game at the end.

Perry Jones also looked excellent and he's got a nice long range jumper. I finally got to watch him yesterday and see him with my own eyes this year. One thing you don't appreciate until you see him is just how huge he is. He looks like a college center and he's got NBA muscle tone already. He's impressive. I really want either him or Barnes.

As it stands, we probably won't need the first overall pick to get a great 3. I think Sullinger might be cementing himself as the top pick and if Josh Selby keeps it up, he and Kyrie Irving could go 2 and 3. We might see Barnes and Jones slip to slots 4 and 5 or lower unless a team like us is picking in the top 3 (no need for a PG, lesser need for a PF).

Wall's "tendinitis" was misdiagnosed. It is actually a bone bruise and he'll be out a lot longer.

Un ****ing believable. Ted has to be blind at this point not to see the **** our medical staff pulls off.

if it wasn't so serious, it would be hilarious

i don't see how the medical staff can remain employed

Wall's "tendinitis" was misdiagnosed. It is actually a bone bruise and he'll be out a lot longer.

Un ****ing believable. Ted has to be blind at this point not to see the **** our medical staff pulls off.

I agree with you man. Something is seriously wrong with that staff.

Is his injury right on his heel? I didn't think tendinitis and a bone bruise symptoms were that similar.