Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I guess that's not too bad then.

Beal has to be the pick now I would assume...

How am I the only one that sees this as an absolute disaster?! We've taken on 21million in salary for each of the next two seasons in exchange for 13.7 million for one season. This ties our hands up nicely until Wall's rookie deal expires and all to get two guys of no consequence. What did we gain here?! I'd rather have J Singleton and C Martin than these two clowns.

I got giddy when I read the headline because I thought the #10 pick was coming in as well.

I then opened the link to find out that Ernie Grunfeld made another useless trade. :ols:

What an ass clown.

---------- Post added June-20th-2012 at 02:36 PM ----------

Ernie is the 1-800-GetoutofACrapContract of the NBA. Who else wants to ship us their overpaid veterans?

We are the dumpster for every other teams crap.

How am I the only one that sees this as an absolute disaster?! We've taken on 21million in salary for each of the next two seasons in exchange for 13.7 million for one season. This ties our hands up nicely until Wall's rookie deal expires and all to get two guys of no consequence. What did we gain here?! I'd rather have J Singleton and C Martin than these two clowns.

It's not a great trade but I thought Okafor and Ariza had longer contracts.

I'm not a big fan of the trade but we are stronger up front now and Ariza gives us another shooter.

I'm not a big fan of the trade but we are stronger up front now and Ariza gives us another shooter.

Ariza is a below average shooter. Ariza is what Chris Singleton's ceiling was. And Singleton shot better than him last year (the three ball that is).

This trade completely renders the Singleton selection useless now.

Edited by No Excuses

1. Wall/Mack/Crawford

2. Beal/Crawford

3. Ariza/Vesely/Booker/Singleton

4. Nene/Seraphin/Okafor

5. Okafor/Nene/Seraphin

That's a playoff team.

I don't know about Ariza and his shot selection, but if Okafor returns to form it does give us a completely different look up front. Suddenly all our starters last year are reserves now.

Trevor Ariza and "good shooting" should never be used in the same sentence. Trade is OK. Makes the front court VERY crowded and pretty much rules out T-Rob/MKG. Wish they would have done something to get another 1st round pick, but I guess they can be buyers if someone is looking to get out towards the end of round 1.

*On the plus side, we'll be DAMN good defensively.

1. Wall/Mack/Crawford

2. Beal/Crawford

3. Ariza/Vesely/Booker/Singleton

4. Nene/Seraphin/Okafor

5. Okafor/Nene/Seraphin

That's a playoff team.

I disagree flat out on that being a playoff team but we'll never know being that Okafor won't stay healthy long enough to find out. This trade is horrible and all we did was take on bad contracts.

We're going to go from one of the youngest teams in the league to a mix of youth and experience. Who was really going to sign here as a FA, seriously? We can still get Beal and BPA at 32 probably a SF like Crowder or something and be a better team than what we were going to be not making any trades. We all knew a trade was coming since Ted did say we are going to be drafting 2 good players, hence getting rid of one of our 2nds and he said, "Who are we going to trade?" People on this board wanted a mix since we weren't going to win with just a young team, well, we got some vets.

I like the looks of

Wall/Mack

Beal/Craw

Ariza/Singelton/Crowder

Nene/Booker/Ves

Okafor/Seraphin

Solid active 12 man roster that could be a playoff team. Vast improvement over last year and I know you guys would love to have some cap space but who is gonna sign here right now?

Would a Nene/Okafor front court work? Sounds like it'd be a cluster**** in the paint.

Nene and Okafor both have injury history so I think they might rotate or something at C.

I would think they have enough faith in Booker/Seraphin/Ves to spread the minutes around enough to keep everyone fresh.

I disagree flat out on that being a playoff team but we'll never know being that Okafor won't stay healthy long enough to find out. This trade is horrible and all we did was take on bad contracts.

In the East, we'll be fighting for the 8th seed with the current roster. I think they'll be in contention for the playoffs next year. I'm not in love with the trade, but I'm also not going to deny that we didn't get better from the deal.

Assuming everyone can stay moderately healthy, we'll be ridiculous on the defensive end of the court.

*I wonder if they'll use Booker to acquire another draft pick?

Edited by RonArtest15