Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Blake is a *****.

I can't think of a bigger artificial star ever. The NBA is an absolute joke about all of the dirty **** they pull to make him their poster child.

- Winning rookie of the year his second year in the league.

- Winning the dunk contest when anyone with eyes could see he was third at best.

- Letting him get away with murder and then giving him any pathetic, ticky tack call he wants.

- A week straight of disgusting hype for his "dunk" over Perkins.

And worst of all

- Pulling some dirty **** "basketball reasons" bull **** to get him the best PG in the game to play with.

**** that little home schooled *****. I like LeBron more than I like him. At least LeBron is actually a great player and his slavish legion of fanboys aren't all like Griffin's--14 year old morons.

Edited by stevemcqueen1

You know what, it's almost to the point where I'm glad we got screwed and didn't win the lottery the Griffin year seeing how obnoxious he and his fans are.

If it was a choice between Griffin and Wall, I'd absolutely rather have Wall. I'd feel dirty rooting for Griffin knowing how blatantly the deck has been stacked for him.

If Griffin were a FA, you guys wouldn't sign him?

Come on, he's not LeBron, not even in our conference. I would run around the city doing cart wheels if we signed him (somehow).

Ugh. Forget the hypotheticals and just let us hate him in peace.

Look, Griffin is a remarkable talent and it's probably only a matter of time before he's the best PF in the game by far just like it was for young LeBron at SF. Of course I would love to have him on the team along with Wall. But I'd still feel dirty rooting for a manufactured star like that. I'd rather root for LaMarcus Aldridge or Kevin Love. Dirk or Duncan types (good lord the West is loaded at PF). I find Griffin more personally intolerable than LeBron. And doesn't the shady hype machine working for him often seem to come at out expense? Forget about last night and the bull**** ref help he gets on a night to night basis. Winning ROTY and the dunk contest over the rightful recipients Wall and JaVale for example. By all rights he shouldn't have even been eligible for ROTY and the dunk contest is such a piece of **** competition that crowd noise and the amount of sponsorship promotion you cram into your dunks gets to determine the winner? Those kinds of awards may not matter a whole lot but they are something legitimately exciting for Wizards fans to have during a tough rebuilding stretch and the Griffin Hype Machine killed it for us.

Ugh. Forget the hypotheticals and just let us hate him in peace.

The lament of a true basketball fan! :ols:

Last night was frustrating because the Clippers are essentially the team the Wizards want to be and they have two of our former players.

Edited by Destino

I was searching for Bullets articles and I never knew something about the name the team contest. I was living in the area at the time and I knew Pollin preferred Wizards. He practically came out and said it. What I didn't know is, when he bought the team and moved them to DC, he liked the name Wizards back then. Also, Wizards actually finished 3rd in the voting preferred by fans behind....#2 no choice/opinion....and #1...Bullets. Looks like a lot of writeins preferred to keep the name.

Anyone watch the Rising stars draft by Shaq and Barkley? Haha Brooks and Kemba got picked over Wall. His game is made for all star type games. IDIOTS.

he killed it last year in the rookie/sophmore game...pretty sure he got the MVP. I predict Lin gets the MVP in this game with a big win for team Shaq (what was Chuck thinking) but Wall will definitely be one of the top 5 players in this game.

I think this part is guaranteed. He doesnt even need to compete right now. They will hand it to him. We've seen this before. Dont expect any different.

oh no...I think he'll earn it...he'll likely lob 20 balls to Blake Griffin and Knock down 10 jumpers because there is no defense in all star games.....although Wall will have a few spectacular blocks.

Impressively bad defense so far. From everyone. Now in the second there is no perimeter defense at all.

Wizards look absolutely exhausted. Strange. This might be the worst effort on defense I've seen all year.

Edited by Destino

Impressively bad defense so far. From everyone. Now in the second there is no perimeter defense at all.

Wizards look absolutely exhausted. Strange.

Bad defense + even worse rebounding = blowout city.

I was worried when McGee made his first jumpshot tonight, it would encourage to attempt a few more. Sadly, I was right.

Edited by StillUnknown

Can we give them more wide open three point shots? That's three in 3 minutes.

---------- Post added February-17th-2012 at 10:51 PM ----------

I expect all the clowns that hyperventilated over mcgees backboard dunk to be enraged at Crawford and Wall for that showboat alley-oop.

Edited by Destino

Wish I could have watched this game but I didn't get it. I actually like what the Jazz have done the past few years and I like Al Jefferson.

We get abused on the glass by these Western teams. We don't really have any space eaters on the team.

We play volleyball with rebounds. Our players like to tap the ball back instead of grabbing it with two hands for some reason.

Edited by StillUnknown