Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Anybody play NBA 2k12? I was playing My Player mode, which is filled with bugs and glitches, and I was in my 4th year. I'm on the Thunder, Westbrook at Point, Me and SG, and Durant at SF. We are about 46-11 at the break or something like that. I get named to the All-Star team for the second year in a row and I play the game, coming off the bench. Did alright, just chucked some shots up, scored 12 points. Anyways, I'm averaging about 34, 4, and 3 getting 40 min a game. The game after the AS game, I'm on the bench getting 12 min a game while Dequan Cook is starting and getting all of my minutes. WTF happened? I've got to fight for my starting spot back I guess but I think it has to do with the fact that I came off the bench at the AS game, oddly enough. I put up 30 points in 10 min in my next game and my minutes in the rotation are slowly going up game by game and hopefully I can get the starting spot back by the end of the season but damn that is an annoying glitch.

Did you get injured? Is your teammate chemistry rating really low?

I haven't had any big glitches like that happen to me yet. Mostly it's stuff that pops up in the teammate grade--marking me down for poor defense on some other player's man, giving me good defense on some other play's man, etc.

Every now and then I'll get an assist or rebound and it won't give it to me in my stat line.

Mostly it's all minor stuff.

I played a PG for the Thunder because I didn't want to displace Wall. We've won 32 in a row since I became the starter early in my rookie year. Got traded from the Jazz with Al Jefferson for Russell Westbrook, cleared the path to start in front of me and gave me a really nice low post scoring option, giving me basically the perfect situation. PG is difficult but fun. I like being able to call plays, and I've gotten to the point where I can shoot around 50%, and consistently contribute 24/5/13 ish numbers every night.

I've played all of my 2-4 positions for the Wizards though. I started a PF last night using the new roster update (The Jeremy Lin Update) with my own modifications (I cut Blatche and Rashard), got drafted by the Pacers, immediately demanded a trade to the Wizards and was sent along with George Hill for Jan Vesely. The Wizards were 2-5 before the trade and now we've won five in a row post trade. I'm the sixth man, get around 26 minutes a game and am averaging about 28 & 12 in my new role. We're winning everything and blowing out good teams.

The trick is to play every game your rookie season and max out stamina before anything else. You can slog through low skill levels in the other things early on, but your stamina rating is directly tied to the minutes you get.

Grantland's ranking of the NBA's top rookies.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7599097/nba-rookie-rankings-vii-including-kyrie-irving-enes-kanter-ricky-rubio-more

Ricky Rubio near the top again (#2) with Veseley, Singleton and Mack NOwhere as usual.

Not surprising. Both get in foul trouble and have basically no offensive game (big problem for a wing player). Singleton's defense is on and off and I've seen him have trouble defending the baseline at time. Vesely's defense IMO has been better but the injuries to Blatche and Turiaf have gotten him rotated in at center and power forward where he simply can't hold his ground and gets dominated.

Mack hasn't done anything to gain attention, good or bad, and has been a relatively quiet back up PG.

Edited by Destino

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7599274/nba-oklahoma-city-thunder-become-legit-nba-contender-thanks-analytics-espn-magazine

Interesting read. Pertinent to Wizards fans. The Thunder are two years ahead of us in their process.

Before we lose hope and start trying to make panic trades and FA moves for veterans, we should remember that the Thunder were ****ing terrible Durant's second year, probably worse than we are, and they had the benefit of a full offseason beforehand.

The Thunder build successfully through the draft first and foremost and now they are a potential dynasty. And before people say there situation is different from ours because they lucked into Durant--we lucked into Wall.

From everything Ted has written about the team, it seems pretty clear he's following the Thunder's model.

---------- Post added February-22nd-2012 at 05:10 PM ----------

Every time I read about the 2009 draft it literally makes my stomach roil. What would this team look like if we had drafted Stephen Curry in 2009 and John Wall in 2010?

Everything happens for a reason. That's what I have to tell myself. If we had Curry then Commissioner Stalin wouldn't have taken pity on us and given us Wall, and we wouldn't be in position to get a difference maker in this class (assuming we're smart enough to actually get one). That's the only way I can feel decent about what happened in 09.

---------- Post added February-22nd-2012 at 05:16 PM ----------

Love how many high character, high IQ, team first guys are in this year's class.

- Harrison Barnes

- MKG

- Davis

- Sullinger

- Robinson

- Beal

We've got to get some of these guys with their incredible intangibles into the locker room with Wall and Booker and Vesely. Lord how I wish we had a second lottery pick.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7599274/nba-oklahoma-city-thunder-become-legit-nba-contender-thanks-analytics-espn-magazine

Interesting read. Pertinent to Wizards fans. The Thunder are two years ahead of us in their process.

Before we lose hope and start trying to make panic trades and FA moves for veterans, we should remember that the Thunder were ****ing terrible Durant's second year, probably worse than we are, and they had the benefit of a full offseason beforehand.

The Thunder build successfully through the draft first and foremost and now they are a potential dynasty. And before people say there situation is different from ours because they lucked into Durant--we lucked into Wall.

From everything Ted has written about the team, it seems pretty clear he's following the Thunder's model.

---------- Post added February-22nd-2012 at 05:10 PM ----------

Every time I read about the 2009 draft it literally makes my stomach roil. What would this team look like if we had drafted Stephen Curry in 2009 and John Wall in 2010?

Everything happens for a reason. That's what I have to tell myself. If we had Curry then Commissioner Stalin wouldn't have taken pity on us and given us Wall, and we wouldn't be in position to get a difference maker in this class (assuming we're smart enough to actually get one). That's the only way I can feel decent about what happened in 09.

---------- Post added February-22nd-2012 at 05:16 PM ----------

Love how many high character, high IQ, team first guys are in this year's class.

- Harrison Barnes

- MKG

- Davis

- Sullinger

- Robinson

- Beal

We've got to get some of these guys with their incredible intangibles into the locker room with Wall and Booker and Vesely. Lord how I wish we had a second lottery pick.

Russell Westbrook is a better comparison to Wall. They play the same position and have closer production than a comparison of Wall to Durant. We aren't missing the Westbrook....we are missing the Durant.

Wall isn't even close to as good as Durant was his second year in the league this year.

Durant scored 25pts per game his second year in the league on 47% shooting...that is an all-star. Wall is not an all-star.

The year OKC did break into the playoffs, Durant averaged 30pts per game on 47% shooting and Westbrook averaged 16-8. It is likely that Wall will average 16-8 next year (he'll actually probably be a bit better than that) but there is no one on this team capable of averaging 30 pts per game on this roster.

We are nothing like the thunder and Wall isn't half the impact player Durant is.

Nick Young 4-12, 0 assist, 0 steals, 0 blocks, and 0 rebounds in 16 minutes

Crawford is on fire but never mind that in 14 minutes he has 2 assist, 2 rebounds and 1 steal

It's amazing how Nick Young doesn't do more he has great size at 6"6 good quickness he doesn't even try too rebound or pass.

Nick Young 4-12, 0 assist, 0 steals, 0 blocks, and 0 rebounds in 16 minutes

Crawford is on fire but never mind that in 14 minutes he has 2 assist, 2 rebounds and 1 steal

It's amazing how Nick Young doesn't do more he has great size at 6"6 good quickness he doesn't even try too rebound or pass.

Nick is actually 6'7...and he is a pretty solid 6'7 too. What kills me about him is that he doesn't drive at all...and on the rare occasion he does drive, he does some stupid spin move when he should be posterizing the **** out of someone and picking up the and 1. Nick is a typical West Coast basketball player....Jump shots and nothing else.

Crawford is a bit more well rounded than Nick, but I don't see him ever being more than a 6th man either (which definitely gives him value...I just don't see him as a starter) he doesn't play a lick of defense.

---------- Post added February-22nd-2012 at 08:53 PM ----------

Still waiting on everyone else to accept that Javale is a ****ing idiot and that you don't outgrow stupid.

JaVale does make some boneheaded mistakes, but he has improved quite a bit from last year to this year. Get him a good coach and put some better guys around him and he'll be just fine.

---------- Post added February-22nd-2012 at 09:00 PM ----------

I just realized Millsap must have had a team option this year...he is under contract next year. I thought he was going to be a restricted FA.

Looks like our best options for FA PF are:

Kris Humphries....would be an upgrade and he might come here

Tim Duncan.....Gonna retire a Spur

KG....probably go to the highest bidding contender

SG:

Eric Gordon....go get him!

OJ Mayo....I'm not really interested

Ray Allen.....see KG

Landry Fields...prob re-sign with NY

SF:

Nic Batum....hard to see Portland not matching any offer (they have the cap space)

Gerald Wallace.....wouldn't that be ironic; I'd take him though

It's a pretty ****ty FA guys.

the casual box score watcher would look at this game and think Wall and Crawford played well. They both were absolutely atrocious on defense. They'll end up combining for around 55 points.....but they gave up about 60 on the other end.

Wall gets some pretty spectacular blocks and gets his fair share of steals, but he is absolutely HORRIBLE on defense. Crawford may be even worse.

A ****ing unbearable loss to watch. We should have blown Sacramento out but we make horrible decisions with the ball two out of every three trips down the court and then play horrible transition defense.

It's a young team it's a young team it's a young team it's a young team.

God I can not wait for the day when we are finally not a young team.

Another game that proves why McGee isn't worthy of the contract some want to give him. I may think Whitman is a dumb coach, but yet again he was 100% correct to bench him.

Now if he'd only do the same thing for Young. Hey Whit, just because the 3 guard lineup worked for a few games doesn't mean you should constantly roll with it, even when one of the 3 is stinking up the joint.

It's hilarious watching this team in the 4th quarter. It's so obvious that every opposing coach funnels the ball into Nick's hands and then watches him go iso.