Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

dont resign mcgee, get rid of blatche and get rid of Rashard Lewis and get rid of Nick Young.

Shooting Guards to target: Mayo, Gordon, Landry Fields, Danny Green

Small Forwards: Steve Novak, Nic batum

Power Forwards: Carl Landry, Kris Humphries

What's the plan at center? Take a chance and throw a pile of money at Hibbert? Seraphin is horrible so I'm assuming he's not the plan.

Wall putting on a dunk show!

.... and Monroe rained on his parade.

What a douche move.

Wall reminds me of Dwyane Wade sometimes.

---------- Post added February-24th-2012 at 11:32 PM ----------

dont resign mcgee, get rid of blatche and get rid of Rashard Lewis and get rid of Nick Young.

Shooting Guards to target: Mayo, Gordon, Landry Fields, Danny Green

Small Forwards: Steve Novak, Nic batum

Power Forwards: Carl Landry, Kris Humphries

You didn't mention a center there.

There's also the issue of getting any of those guys to actually want to play here.

What's the plan at center? Take a chance and throw a pile of money at Hibbert? Seraphin is horrible so I'm assuming he's not the plan.

Draft Picks. Anthony Davis, Sullinger, Perry Jones, Tyler Zeller, Fab Melo, John Henson. Vasley has to improve so he can be the starting 3 next year. Spencer Hawes would be a great pickup too.

Hawes and Sullinger in the front court and then grab Gordon or Batum and this team looks bright for the future

Edited by skinfan2k

Draft Picks. Anthony Davis, Sullinger, Perry Jones, Tyler Zeller, Fab Melo, John Henson. Vasley has to improve so he can be the starting 3 next year

Davis is too thin to play the 5

Sullinger is too short

Perry Jones is a wing

Zeller is meh

Melo is probably staying in school

Henson = see Davis.

There is no such thing as centers being thin these days. He will bulk up enough to be in the mold of a Marcus Camby. There are no Shaq, Ewings, Hakeems in this league. You need a serviceable center

Yes there is. Camby is one of the few exceptions and was never great. Thin and strong (assuming Davis gets strong, because he's weak as hell currently) is better served at PF.

Yes there is. Camby is one of the few exceptions and was never great. Thin and strong (assuming Davis gets strong, because he's weak as hell currently) is better served at PF.

Besides Bynum and Dwight, the center position is weak. I rather the wizards play 2 PFs instead of playing an idiot like McGee

Paul George and Godon Hayward are going to be really good too. That was a much better class for wings than it originally seemed.

I have seen my fair share of Jazz games this year and every time I think to myself, why couldn't we have drafted Hayward. If the Vesely pick was going to be used for a role type player, I would have traded back and drafted Hayward. Of course it is only season one, but I like the way Hayward plays. He might not score a lot, but his fundamentals are on the one.....

Besides Bynum and Dwight, the center position is weak. I rather the wizards play 2 PFs instead of playing an idiot like McGee

You think nba teams are over paying centers because they are stupid and didn't think of this? I think it has a lot to do with "it doesn't work".

You think nba teams are over paying centers because they are stupid and didn't think of this? I think it has a lot to do with "it doesn't work".

they are overpaying because they are not that many and there are few that actually have a inside game. The art of the inside game is gone from the PFs and Centers. Over the next 20 years you will be lucky to see a HOF from those positions. Dwight would get his ass owned if he played in any other era and so would bynum

they are overpaying because they are not that many and there are few that actually have a inside game. The art of the inside game is gone from the PFs and Centers. Over the next 20 years you will be lucky to see a HOF from those positions. Dwight would get his ass owned if he played in any other era and so would bynum

1 - I agree there is a lack of centers. My point was PF aren't played at center, as you suggested, despite this.

2 - there are plenty of good power forwards in the NBA. Duncan and Garnett are still playing (Duncan may be the best ever).

Davis is too thin to play the 5

Sullinger is too short

Perry Jones is a wing

Zeller is meh

Melo is probably staying in school

Henson = see Davis.

Exactly right on all of those. There is simply no way Davis and Henson can play center in the NBA at their size. They are years away from having the kind of bulk they'd need to do so, if they ever gain it that is.

Zeller and Melo are worse options than McGee outright.

I don't like Perry Jones at all, but you're rigfht, he's a dreadful fit at center in college, much less the NBA.

And Sullinger is definitely too shrot.

None of those options the guy mentioned are realistic.

---------- Post added February-25th-2012 at 01:18 AM ----------

There is no such thing as centers being thin these days. He will bulk up enough to be in the mold of a Marcus Camby. There are no Shaq, Ewings, Hakeems in this league. You need a serviceable center

If Vesely lacks the bulk and strength to play center than Anthony Davis is nowhere close. Vesely is longer and has like 20 pounds on Davis. Vesely gets backed down by shooting guards.

---------- Post added February-25th-2012 at 01:23 AM ----------

I have seen my fair share of Jazz games this year and every time I think to myself, why couldn't we have drafted Hayward. If the Vesely pick was going to be used for a role type player, I would have traded back and drafted Hayward. Of course it is only season one, but I like the way Hayward plays. He might not score a lot, but his fundamentals are on the one.....

Hayward came out Wall's year. It would have been tough to move into position for him. We traded for Booker and Seraphin after the picks were made.

Wall putting on a dunk show!

.... and Monroe rained on his parade.

Yeah me and Gator Bait have already decided to go to the next Wiz/Pistons game. If anyone else hits that one up, please make sure to boo the **** out of Monroe's jealous ass. Every single time he touches the ball.

For those that didn't see it:

---------- Post added February-25th-2012 at 04:17 AM ----------

John Wall is being poisoned by the idiots he is working with. If Ted doesn't get him help soon, he's bolting to team up with other young superstars

Has there ever been a player who walked away from the max deal after his rookie contract ended?

---------- Post added February-25th-2012 at 04:19 AM ----------

And I say the same about Vesely.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

Not to mention Wall would be walking away from a team that's FINALLY started to mature if he left, which sucks. Don't want to be Ewing theoried or wonder what might have been.

Most people don't like to move anyway so long as the money is great. I think everyone takes that first extension.

Now if that extension runs out and we're still flailing around, that's a different story. That's when you feel the clock start ticking on your career and your legacy becomes a bigger concern, plus by that point, you're experienced enough to have figured out how far your team can go.

---------- Post added February-25th-2012 at 07:39 AM ----------

I like Greg Monroe and he's a great player. And I'll admit, that move made me laugh out loud. It was dirty but I think he was doing it as a joke because he and Wall were both laughing about it after it happened.

It's even more hilarious for me because Monroe is probably the only big sitting there and laying it up at an All Star game.

How ridiculous is it that we've got a point guard that can do those kinds of things at the rim?

Hayward came out Wall's year. It would have been tough to move into position for him. We traded for Booker and Seraphin after the picks were made.

Didn't Duke just beat Butler in the Championship last year?

Dang, Connecticutt won last year. What the heck was I thinking about? :doh:

And I say the same about Vesely.

Yeah. I guess it's kind of unfair to compare the two since Hayward is in his second year. Could have sworn he came out this year. :ols:

I can't do nothing but laugh at that play GAC. I don't know if you are familiar with the DC slang term "guh", but that is probably how Wall felt when Monroe stole that pass. :ols:

Edited by MLSKINS

Gun to your head..... McGee or Deandre Jordan???

McGee. His best is much better than Jordan's best and their situations couldn't possibly be more different. One plays with the best PG in the league and a star PF who is an absolute machine on the glass and takes the entirety of the front court scoring burden off his shoulders, the other plays for the Wizards.

---------- Post added February-25th-2012 at 08:39 AM ----------

Jordan is now a decent role player for a good team. Put him on the Wizards and he'd be a much bigger liability than McGee is. He can't score at all, is somehow a worse shooter than McGee in all respects, and he doesn't rebound any better than McGee does.

The Unibrow has to be the pick if we get the top spot, too much talent to pass up.

The upside is huge and so is the risk. His value is primarily as a defender and rebounder. The problem is his offense is primarily assisted scoring. He has no where near the offense of Garnett or Bosh. There is no guarantee that he will ever develop into a well rounded offensive player and Camby isn't a great value at 1st overall. Now if he does gain muscle mass and can hit a 15 foot shot... He could be a great PF/C.

Right now I agree that he's the pick, but you could end up pulling a Portland in taking him with the wings in this draft.