Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

With LA going down early, this suddenly becomes a winnable game.

2 in a row, lets go

(Hope Aldridge is ok though, Portland has suffered enough)

---------- Post added February-14th-2012 at 10:55 PM ----------

Vesely is all over the place on defense, nothing but hustle. Once he packs on some muscle, he'll be an elite defender, the instincts are there.

---------- Post added February-14th-2012 at 11:08 PM ----------

One of the better halves of basketball I've seen from the Wizards this season.

Edited by StillUnknown

Wall, Young, & Crawford are having great games. Might not see that again in the same game.

---------- Post added February-15th-2012 at 12:08 AM ----------

I'm ready to throw some money at Batum. :ols:

Dude is the only reason Portland is within striking distance.

Edited by StillUnknown

Wall, Young, & Crawford are having great games. Might not see that again in the same game.

---------- Post added February-15th-2012 at 12:08 AM ----------

I'm ready to throw some money at Batum. :ols:

Dude is the only reason Portland is within striking distance.

Batum defends really well. I'd like to see us take a look at him and/or Harden/ Gordon. Batum would look real nice playing the 3 for us.

What up with all the high ball screens seems like one of the coaches been reading my post?

That is such a advantage when you got a super quick PG it really stresses a defense.

This has been an impressive game, especailly with the consistent runs to keep the lead in double digits most of the second half. I just wish we could put it away. But thats hard to do on the road in a hostile environment.

And YOUNG IS A BEAST tonight!!!!!

---------- Post added February-15th-2012 at 12:21 AM ----------

Man, our fouls have really hurt us tonight. I kinda wish we played Seraphin to get another body in there who could play aggressive.

Nice play by McGee. He's been good tonight as well

---------- Post added February-15th-2012 at 12:23 AM ----------

Wall's been sitting at just under 10 assists for most of the 4th. But I'd rather have the win than the double double.

Edited by Thinking Skins

I think this is the best game I've seen us play in about 3 years. Glad it was on NBA TV. Nick Young was just unconscious. Wall was driving strong and finishing. He was hitting his jumper too. Crawford as well. All three of those guys played like they should. McGee and Vesely had a defensive presence, rebounded. Contributed offensively. So did Booker. Passing was good. Overall just a really nice game.

Now if we could just play like that always.

Good game from the team. Only negative was how surprised they looked at the full court pressure. Granted it's not something they've dealt with routinely, but hot shooting bailed them out after some ugly turnovers.

Probably because they have hardly had a lead like this against a contender in 2 seasons haha.

---------- Post added February-15th-2012 at 12:31 AM ----------

Wait... how long has it been since we had a 2-game winning steak?

Now if we could just play like that always.

Maybe I'm viewing this year wrong, but for me its not about wins and losses. I'm seeing this season the same way I view Maryland's season. I expected us to be a bad team this year. Knowing that, my question was how would we improve, both as a team and individual progression. Games like tonight, and really since just before Randy was promoted, I've been pretty impressed with our team hustle. Its been inconsistent, and more consistent since Wittman took over, and really I've been more impressed these last 10 games or so (minus one or two here and there). Wall's J has really improved. We can see Booker developing into a complete player. Vesely is just hustling. And we're not seeing the stuff we saw at the beginning of the year, where people are just throwing up crazy shots. I honestly see a young team developing. I still think we have a lot of role players, but even saying that is a stretch because many (some in this thread) didn't think these guys belong in the NBA.

If I can see continued development like this, I'd be happy with this year. I'd really love for Singleton to find his shot, but even if that's a ways off, hopefully he will keep playing defense which has been a liability for this team in the past.

Probably because they have hardly had a lead like this against a contender in 2 seasons haha.

---------- Post added February-15th-2012 at 12:31 AM ----------

Wait... how long has it been since we had a 2-game winning steak?

We won 2 in a row at some point last season, I forget exactly when though. Buck & Phil mentioned it during the telecast tonight.

Wall's jump shot is coming around.

Not quite there yet, but a lot better than where it was.

I think it was about a dozen games ago when the Sports Junkies (don't judge me, I really that show) were openly mocking him and saying that they'd take Rubio over him and how he'd NEVER develop a J. I'm not saying that he's there yet, but he's definitely improved from the beginning of the year.

I think it was about a dozen games ago when the Sports Junkies (don't judge me, I really that show) were openly mocking him and saying that they'd take Rubio over him and how he'd NEVER develop a J. I'm not saying that he's there yet, but he's definitely improved from the beginning of the year.

It is very hard to find any good local radio coverage of the Wizards. Thats why I usually just stick to the blogs (BulletsForever, TruthAboutIt, & WizOfAwes)

Edited by StillUnknown

haha.. its a typical NY line tonight however: 3 rb' date=' and 0 Assists in 40 minutes![/quote']

Hey, he is what he is. I was glad that a number of those shots were assisted and he just caught the ball and took the 3. That was new as opposed to him dribbling it twice and then throwing up a horrible shot. By no means do I expect this from Young (or Crawford) every night, but its nice when it happens, especially when all three (4 if you count McGee) are in double figures.

It is very hard to find any good local radio coverage of the Wizards. Thats why I usually just stick to the blogs (BulletsForever, TruthAboutIt, & WizOfAwes)

Yeah, this town is such a Redskins town its annoying (I'm so freakin sick and tired of this Peyton Manning discussion). I really wish I could get more than 30 minutes of a 4 or 5 hour show dedicated to Wizards talk, especially when half of that is dedicated to Blake Griffin or Jeremy Lin or whoever else is going crazy right now.

I didn't know about WizOfAwes though. I need to add that one to my list.

They are a bunch of idiots, the junkies is awful now. Wall has the best raw skill set of any PG in the league right now. Put one legitimate NBA star next to him and watch.

Yeah, this town is such a Redskins town its annoying (I'm so freakin sick and tired of this Peyton Manning discussion). I really wish I could get more than 30 minutes of a 4 or 5 hour show dedicated to Wizards talk, especially when half of that is dedicated to Blake Griffin or Jeremy Lin or whoever else is going crazy right now.

I didn't know about WizOfAwes though. I need to add that one to my list.

Yeah the constant Peyton talk has caused me to tune out the last week or so. I just found out about WizOfAwes, seems decent enough.

So many big buckets in the 4th when Portland made there push. McGee was moving well without the ball and created two of his own field goals when we needed them. Nick young was out of his mind leading a ridiculous night from the guards. Vesely got more minutes than I expected and looked good on defense and rebounds.

Great game.