Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

:ols:

NotSureIfSerious.jpg

On this current team? Yes, I'm dead serious.

EG has built maybe the most offensively challenged team every to set foot on an NBA court. Blatche, for all his faults (and yes, there are plenty) can at least get his own shot. I would take Blatche taking a 15 foot jumper over 90% of our roster. Probably over everyone but Nick Young, actually.

Would I still trade him first chance I get? Of course. But his value is so low because EG is clueless there is no chance we can get anything at all back for him.

I am in shock on how bad John Wall is the way he is playing this year is approaching Kwame territory.

You would think the way everyone talk about Blatche he was the reason we suck the way we do well news flash he's not here and we suck more!! No one have a offensive skill set on this team outside him and Nick young they are just struggling. It's depressing watching this team I was so looking forward too basketball damn is all I can say.

Yea, i saw nothing positive after the second minute of the first quarter from wall. Mack was outplaying him. Hell, Crawford was outplaying him. Its just depressing. I wont say he is at Kwame territory, but if he is still giving the ball up with terrible passes all the way through the end of this season, and doesnt develop any kind of shooting game ( whether its from the inside, outside, midrange, or ft) then....

On this current team? Yes, I'm dead serious.

EG has built maybe the most offensively challenged team every to set foot on an NBA court. Blatche, for all his faults (and yes, there are plenty) can at least get his own shot. I would take Blatche taking a 15 foot jumper over 90% of our roster. Probably over everyone but Nick Young, actually.

Would I still trade him first chance I get? Of course. But his value is so low because EG is clueless there is no chance we can get anything at all back for him.

I agree with this. Frankly I can't understand how someone could seriously argue otherwise following two of the worst games of the season so far. This team has little to no options on offense and as bad as Blatche may be he's a better offensive weapon right now than Seraphin, Booker, and Vesely at the 4. He's better coming off the bench though.

No its not.

It's circumventing my ignore function when you quote that guy.

I don't think I've ever seen a poster that brings less to the table than that guy. He's either a straight up troll and/or created an account here for the sole purpose of stupidly ****ing about everything that happens.

---------- Post added January-13th-2012 at 10:56 PM ----------

This is a nightmare start to the season. But man if this thread isn't getting unreadable...

Why are you John Wall homers getting offended just because someone states the obvious? You want to overlook the fact that he sucks because all he knows how to do is run full speed into defenders trying to draw a foul? When is the last time Wall scored even 20 points? The guy isn't even playing against elite talent and is sucking. Lol at the fact folks thought he was going to be Derrick Rose 2.0 or better than rose. Just saw a hurt Rose destroy the Celtics.

Rajon Rondo has a better jumper than Wall and Rondo is like the worst shooting pg in the league.

Stop the excuses that Wall has no talent around him. A star ball player is a star ball player no matter who's around him and it should be clearly evident who the star is.

This is a nightmare start to the season. But man if this thread isn't getting unreadable...

I tried. But it's alright, give it another two weeks and the halfway fans will crawl back under the rocks they came from. The unknowns the new season brings, always brings them out at first. They don't last long though. Thank God.

I pretty much never use the ignore feature, but it might be called for in this thread.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

"If everybody's going to be selfish, it doesn't matter what the lineup is," guard John Wall said. "When you're a losing team, guys don't want to hang around with each other. Win a few games and we'll be OK."
http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=320113020

I suppose that Wall is talking about Nick Young and McGee. Hes right, the offense ran much better when they were making smart passes in the 4th. NY is doing the same crap he always has. And 1 street basketball all game for him. Its why i didnt want him resigned. I had figured we would sign someone who could shoot in his place though. Hell, even Seraphin was passing well out there. I believe that if McGee can learn how to pass when he doesnt have a shot, he can be an allstar. That has yet to be proven sadly. The funny thing is that i see him having an outside chance at developing a 16ft jumpshot at the top of the key before he develops a post game. I still believe that wall has it in him to turn the corner. His head is on right, he just needs to slow it all down.

I tried. But it's alright, give it another two weeks and the halfway fans will crawl back under the rocks they came from. The unknowns the new season brings, always brings them out at first. They don't last long though. Thank God.

You know, Curse? I have stayed loyal through some lean eras but I have to admit... the last 2 seasons in a row I basically stopped watching the games after 5-6 weeks. I have been a halfway fan. In 2008-2009 I really never even bothered to get the season going because I knew the "Big 3" had peaked and were on their way out. In 2009-2010 I just couldn't muster the enthusiasm after the total letdown/meltdown of the Gilbert Arenas era. When Ted took over the team it was obvious we were heading into a complete rebuild so last season felt like a mulligan. I just didn't have the spirit.

The last draft and the new uniforms got me back to the table but games like the one last night in Philadelphia are the reasons that even hardcore, multi-decade fans like myself (my dad took me to a couple of the playoff games in the '78 championship run) decide to wait for next year. It was easier for me to carry the torch and stick to every game despite miserable seasons when I was a younger man. I'm in my 40s now and the heartache just isn't worth my time for 2-3 hours a game for a whole season. The development of Vesely and Singleton are worthy of monitoring and it is a shorter season this time so I'm trying to hang on right now.

The biggest bright spot (and deepest ironic element) of this team is the effort on defense. We used to sink or swim with our offense and couldn't stop anyone. Now we play stingy D but can't score. At all. However, I think that defense should come first for any squad so I love the way they hustle at that end. Maybe that will keep me involved this year.

Edited by Chachie

When you're losing this bad this often. There is no downside to getting ride of your coach today and letting an assistant finish the season along with your GM who's not getting it done either. Start your coach and GM search NOW.

Money $$$$$

When you are this bad, why chase bad money with good money.

---------- Post added January-14th-2012 at 10:02 AM ----------

I pretty much never use the ignore feature, but it might be called for in this thread.

Come on GACOLB. The good thing about fighting the fight is you know one day you can tell the haters I told you so.

I have been hanging in there since 1978. 33+ years. One day I will get to tell them about it...those haters :ols:

Hope you make it as long....

When you're losing this bad this often. There is no downside to getting ride of your coach today and letting an assistant finish the season along with your GM who's not getting it done either. Start your coach and GM search NOW.
Money $$$$$

When you are this bad, why chase bad money with good money.

Chip is right. It would be foolish but the fan in me agrees with Buford. I also think that the only real important factor here is court time. These new guys need minutes, even if they are getting clobbered. A new coach, a new GM, and a ton of playing time would be the best medicine for JW, Vesely, Singleton, Mack, and Booker. Javale, NY, and Roger Mason are obvious necessities for now but getting rid of Blatche, Crawford, and Lewis should be top priorities for the new GM. Next season we draft high again and try to lure a true scoring threat... even if it's not necessarily an all-star.

(But like I said- I can't ignore Chip's stark common sense from a business standpoint. Flip is here for the year and it looks like Ted is giving Ernie a chance because of the books.)

Edited by Chachie

I go with dumping Flip 1st because a new guy in charge should change everything from practice schedules to focuses to techniques. Whatever Flip has been doing is having the opposite impact. I'd rather have Whoopie Goldberg coach these bumps for the rest of the season than Flip potentially ruining guys like Wall for the longterm with whatever he's teaching. Its not working. I don't want that guy within 100 yards of John Wall again.

John Wall is not the problem. You guys are unbelievable. That dude is barely old enough to buy a drink in Chinatown after the game and you've given up on him already?

Wall is a huge part of the problem he's totally Stinking up the joint, he's not doing nothing right.

Looks like I picked a good game to miss watching.

No matter what people say about Wall, he has regressed, and regressed A LOT from last year without much roster turnover. This should be alarming to everyone.

Something isn't right. My educated guess is that there is a toxic environment in the locker room. There are selfish players and not enough focus on what should be the #1 priority. This is something that dates back to the Eddie Jordan years. Under the supervision of Ernie Grunfeld, this franchise has lacked professionalism. This is the GM who was ok with his star player crapping in the shoes of other teammates but the moment his ass was on the line, he threw said player under the bus to cover for his own bad decisions.

The sad thing is that Ernie isn't going anywhere. If Ted had intentions of bringing in someone new, he would have done so already. Ernie is getting renewed at the end of the year. What a shame.