Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Beal made it his mission to get physical with Doncic in the fourth quarter. That resulted in several chippy exchanges between the stars, who talked trash and repeatedly bumped and shoved each other, eventually leading to double technical fouls with 1:09 remaining and Beal's ejection when he dismissed that call with a wave.

However, there were no hard feelings between Doncic and Beal after the Mavs' season-opening 108-100 win at the American Airlines Center. They instead swapped postgame compliments via the media.

"That was great. That's what basketball is about," said Doncic, whose 34 points were one shy of his career high and the most ever by a player younger than 21 in a season opener, according to ESPN Stats & Information research. "You don't have no friends on the court. I respect him for doing that. Everybody's saying he's only a fancy player. No, he showed he's great on defense, too. He showed that there, so I respect it for him."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27916039/bradley-beal-praises-luka-doncic-was-kicking-our-butts

Brad wasn't really mad at him today, that was just basketball, but after reading that he might be.  lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, justice98 said:

I went back and looked at some of the worst Wizards/Bullets teams ever, this might actually be the worst roster in franchise history.  That's not an exaggeration.  lol

I dont see any way they dont have the worst record in the NBA this year.

Na some of those late 90s/early 00s teams(pre MJ and Arenas)were worse. This team at least has Beal who can drop 30 on any given night.

• Like 1

We will see what they do. Basketball is the only sport I can watch when my team is bad. Ill enjoy watching some of these young guys play and see what they could turn into. And I will enjoy watching Beal continue to be a leader when John is out. Thats what he wants and hes good at it imo 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Na some of those late 90s/early 00s teams(pre MJ and Arenas)were worse. This team at least has Beal who can drop 30 on any given night.

One player's not gonna cut it.

The '99 team only won 18, I'd still pick them over this one.  

Just now, stevemcqueen1 said:

2009-2011 were worse teams.

Wall was the longest tenured player on the team by the trade deadline of his second season.  Take a moment to let how absolutely terrible that was sink in.

Yea we have seen them like this before. That was the first time I watched an entire NBA season too and I enjoyed it then. 

8 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Aaaah, the Baltche era.

His last name has become onomatopoeic for how it makes me feel when I recall him.

59 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Tank tank tank

I'm not actually sure they're tanking.  This team doesn't seem that different from the one we saw for most of last year.  Beal will probably come close to leading the league in minutes again and I think they've got like 28 wins in them.  I wouldn't get my hopes up for a top three pick.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

2009-2011 were worse teams.

Wall was the longest tenured player on the team by the trade deadline of his second season.  Take a moment to let how absolutely terrible that was sink in.

If this team wins the 20 that team did in a shortened season, I'll be shocked.  That team woulda won 25 in a full season at a .302 clip they had.  Over/under on this team is about 26.5.  We'll see.

Edited by justice98

Honestly, I don't mind the rebuild.  Knowing the team/org. has an actual vision, makes the ups/downs that much easier to stomach.  This year, like with the Orioles, I'm looking for player development.  We know what we have in Beal, but guys like TB13, Troy Brown, etc. I'll be keeping an eye on for them to make a significant jump in their development.  COMPLETELY raw guys like Bonga, Wagner, etc. I'm just hoping that there's a diamond in the rough that we look back in 5 years to say, "I can't believe _______ gave up on him."  Better days are ahead for this franchise.  Trust the process. 

*Speaking on Bonga, he was REALLY impressive last night.  Not sure what to expect from him, but I'm really high on his potential. 

• Thanks 2

I'm watching this Thunder game. I like Bertans and Wagner.

Beal is really pressing. Hachimura is moving well without the ball. His post and mid-range game are butter. Bryant impresses me every time I watch him play. Need to keep that kid around. 

Edited by abdcskins

6 minutes ago, Destino said:

Couldn’t hit a shot yo save his life against Dallas either.  Rough start for him.

True. Just hit a layup though! 🙂 Great pass from Bryant.

Nice 7-0 run when the Thunder tied it. Started by Rui with a nice runner.

Closed it out! Nice win. I don't get to watch many Wizards games, that was good to see. They appear to have some pieces. And everything I've seen from Hachimura has been great.

Edited by abdcskins