Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

That gave me the feels and all, but is that a St. Louis hat he's wearing?  IT clearly says Louis, not sure what the first part says.  I know they don't have an NBA team or anything but...kinda odd to talk about a city you love and want to be in while wearing something that's about a completely different city.  

Jokes aside, glad they've identified him as a piece to build around, hopefully they can figure it out.  

I know you're joking, but he is from St. Louis, so the hat makes sense

So is McRae making the team?  His preseason play has made him look like a certain nba player, but you can’t really trust what you see in the preseason.  

Defense is going to be hard to watch this season.  There might be better effort on the defensive end with Ernie gone and Wall in sunglasses, but the talent just isn’t there.  The likely starting lineup looks like an absolute defensive nightmare.  ... and the bench is worse.  

6 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

he's a damn good player, we don't have the ammo to get him even if wanted to

Yeah, I was thinking along the lines of multiple future 1sts.  Normally not a fan of trading picks, but with him being a restricted FA, we would be able to keep him right?  Long shot in any event, but curious nonetheless

48 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Yeah, I was thinking along the lines of multiple future 1sts.  Normally not a fan of trading picks, but with him being a restricted FA, we would be able to keep him right?  Long shot in any event, but curious nonetheless

Our picks are likely to be high though.  And there is risk with RFAs that someone will poison pill their offer sheet and force you to match a contract you can't really afford.  That's what happened with Otto.

• Like 1

I’m interested in seeing the young guys play.  Troy Brown jr and Rui getting big minutes in games that count, is something I want to see.  I want to see how much better Bryant is this season.  The team seems to be excited about him this year.

How long that can keep me interested, remains to be seen.  They’re going to lose a lot of games and I have no hope for their defense.

I'll be honest, there are going to be games I go to jus to see the other team play and root for the Wizards to win.  I cant think of another more obvious tank that the best player fully bought into, this is weird.  They had to of told him they plan to trade for a player to pair with him once some more crap comes off the books, this team looks completely uncompetitive on paper, even drafting a #1 overall pick may take a second to realize their final form, Beal and Wall will be old by then

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Any chance Wiz can unload Mahinmi’s expiring contract?

Any deal we take will probably have money extended into next year, and I doubt any team will give up anybody worth that kind of investing for Mahinmi. only chance is maybe he gets thrown in to make salaries work to complete a 3 team deal

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Any chance Wiz can unload Mahinmi’s expiring contract?

I think we need the cap space to pay Wall and Beal.  Besides the wizards are ok losing, so they aren't going to trade anything for today at the cost of tomorrow.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, heyholetsgogrant said:

How do they shrink? Guys lying about their height?

They listed their shoes-on measurements before, which made sense as a relevant measurement they don't play barefoot.

At the combine they get measured with their shoes off too and the NBA has switched to their shoes off measurements in the official listings.

They're also rounding to the nearest inch.  Basketball shoes are around an inch to an inch and a half tall so most players are going down between one inch and two.  The reason they made this change in listing is because basketball shoes aren't standard in height.  There is typically around half an inch in variance, so this was an attempt to standardize measurements more.

Beal is 6032 barefoot and 6046 in shoes so he gets rounded down to 6'3 now instead of rounding up to 6'5.  https://www.nbadraft.net/2012-nba-combine-measurements

14 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Honey, I shrunk the Beal. 

The two of those that surprise me are Bob Williams only being 6'8 and Marc Gasol only being 6'11.  I thought Gasol was easily over 7'0, he looks enormous compared to everyone else on the court.  And Williams has a freaking 7'6 wingspan.  That means his arms are almost a foot longer than he is.