Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

1 minute ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Off topic, but is there anyone else who LOVE Kara Lawson calling out games????!!!!! She is SOOOOOO good. She didnt do anything spectacular or anything, but Im not in too many of these game threads. Just curious...

We love her too man.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

HELL of a defensive play by Porter to win it.

Can I be honest? I think Wall sort of sucks sometimes. He can't shoot, that has always been my criticism of him. He showed that tonight. He also turns the ball over at inopportune times. 

Oubre showed me a lot tonight. That dude can ball and has an all around game. Had several big rebounds. He plays hard.

Just now, Destino said:

This game took years off my life.

otto with the game winning block!  

That is literally a recipe, Wall missing free throws and Dame racetracking to a layup

3 minutes ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Off topic, but is there anyone else who LOVES Kara Lawson calling out games????!!!!! She is SOOOOOO good. She didnt do anything spectacular or anything, but Im not in too many of these game threads. Just curious...

Yes, she's great foil to Buck and puts in that work.  RespeK with a K.

• Like 1

Glad they took that one. They needed man. 

I didnt catch it though, did Wall really play that bad? Or is it the normal, hes not Steff Curry so he sucks stuff again? Looks like he had a so so shooting night but set his teammates up for success. 

3 hours ago, Llevron said:

I didnt catch it though, did Wall really play that bad? Or is it the normal, hes not Steff Curry so he sucks stuff again? Looks like he had a so so shooting night but set his teammates up for success. 

A bad game from Wall still means he stuffs the stat sheet and makes a bunch of plays for the others.  But he wasn't very good as a scorer.  He battled his shot and it made him less aggressive.  He started second guessing decisions and it would screw up his finishes.  It didn't end up hurting us though because the other four guys played really well.  He had some nice sequences on defense though.  The switch heavy defense is ideal for him.  He's instinctive and when he gets to switch and play off assignments it allows him to contest more shots and force turnovers.

4 hours ago, Llevron said:

I was being hard on him. Just seemed like everything he put up he missed. He also forced a few shots, he was getting frustrated you could tell. He got burned by McCollum at the end of OT where he hit a 3 in his eye. Then the two missed free throws at the end could've been deadly if it weren't for Porter saving the day. Can't miss those, I've seen him miss a bunch this year already.

I'll just attribute it to an off night. We all know the level of skill he possesses. He needs to shoot better though no doubt about it.

Just play Keef at the 5 and bring Mahinmi off the bench until Dwight is ready to go. 

I like that Brooks said that he's gonna run a smaller lineup, but I'll believe it when I see it. 

Crazy to think that the balance of the season rests on what Dwight Howard will be able to do on the glass.  Keef at the 5 ain't the answer, but it's a band-aid for the moment.  Took a unicorn game from him to get the W, but like yall said...it was desperately needed. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

The team is lying to us about Dwight Howard and the nature of his injury.  They've been lying to us about the injury from the beginning.

Can't have nice things.  What's your estimate?  I agree with you and believe we won't see him before the all star break.  It's such a Wizards thing to have happen to us.

The only good thing about this is that the East is so weak that if he's all the sudden coming in fresh, i don't care too much about getting a low seed again.  Jus get in the bracket and rearrange the chairs on everyone.

8 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Can't have nice things.  What's your estimate?  I agree with you and believe we won't see him before the all star break.  It's such a Wizards thing to have happen to us.

The only good thing about this is that the East is so weak that if he's all the sudden coming in fresh, i don't care too much about getting a low seed again.  Jus get in the bracket and rearrange the chairs on everyone.

I wonder if they were even being honest with the players about it. To go half the season without him (I understand that you're speculating on that) seems worthy of mutiny if, say Wall or Beal were in the dark during the deal.

10 hours ago, Chachie said:

I wonder if they were even being honest with the players about it. To go half the season without him (I understand that you're speculating on that) seems worthy of mutiny if, say Wall or Beal were in the dark during the deal.

Mutiny solves nothing, Wall will say his piece, and people will get mad at him for saying what we're all thinking again, and well forget about it in heat of the moment when we're coming down the stretch.

6 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Mahinmi out....

Addition by subtraction.