Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I enjoyed hating the Celtics last season after all the theatrics.  Wall and Beal clearly singled the Celtics out as especially hated and it made for a fun series.  The Hawks series last season had a tiny spark of settling an old score, and I get the impression that Wall and Schroder aren't friends.  

But I've got nothing for the Raptors.  I just don't feel any type of way about that franchise.  I still want the Wizards to annihilate them, but there isn't anything extra in that.

I'd really appreciate it if the Pacers could knock the Cavs out too.  

20 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Ty's ability to break people down off the dribble is an x-factor.

It had better be because a 5'11 30 year old sure as hell isnt going to help our defense.  

Ty may give us the ability to play Sato as Beals primary backup and not Walls. Which makes us better. But im not sure that will be the case at all. What I dont like it his first taste of NBA basketball in (how long?) will be in the playoffs against the super talented and poop your pants scary velociraptors of Toronto

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

I am a diehard Raptors fan, and you know that.

So you may have answered this and I missed it, why did you stop being a Bullets/Wizards fan?  Saw you made it all the way to Arenas era, was it gungate that broke you?

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Optimism is a fundamental component of an exceptional life.

Preach.

K, so I asked for April 20th off in my department meeting and it immediately backfired.  "It's for a basketball game!"  Co-worker was like "right..." and thank god our manager was basically laughing because we were (she''s adorably oblivious sometimes).  I want to kick my coworker's ass, but not sure how to go about without him officially figuring out I smoke.

Long story short, I'm going to game 3, jus seeing where in 400 section I want to sit.  Have to be back Saturday because I'm not supposed be outside hampton roads when on call and got out of it Friday because it was only one day and didn't have switch with someone (manager took it, so I really have to be back).  

Kick it be for the game or after?  Assuming some of you will be coming from work, so after, right?

5 hours ago, Destino said:

But I've got nothing for the Raptors.  I just don't feel any type of way about that franchise.  I still want the Wizards to annihilate them, but there isn't anything extra in that.

For me there is.  It's mostly about their fans.  They talk so much ****.  About us in particular.  It was fun when we swept them in 2015 and crushed their dreams.  They are hypersensitive monstrously insecure homers whose neurosis reflects their team's mental weakness.  You'd think that's true of every fanbase, but it's so extreme with theirs that even neutral observers like Zach Lowe note it.

Also I have a profound contempt for Kyle Lowry.  Everyone else on that team is alright though.

• Like 2

You my friend need to listen to a Rockets broadcast.  Or an OKC or Spurs broadcast.  Cleveland is bad, and Toronto's play by play man is super smug.  But that broadcast doesn't begin to approach the level of the Houston and OKC crews and Sean Elliot single-handedly makes Spurs broadcasts unwatchable to everyone outside their fanbase.

• Haha 1