Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

5 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Look at Tim Frazier!  LOL.

Frazier broke up a 2 on 1 break and then a few minutes later he blocks the shot as the lone man in the paint against three Hawks players and gathered the rebound.

Just somethin about that guy. Hed be the one guy on the team I wouldnt want to run into in a dark alley... 

5 minutes ago, Destino said:

Those bama speed skating hoodies are terrible.  Nikes takeover of NBA uniforms is off to a terrible start.  

Bunch of players have had to get jerseys replaced in games because theyve been ripped to shreds. 

Either cheaply made or they picked the wrong kind of fabric. 

We played well as a team in three of the last four games.  For some reason the Mavs always embarrass us.  I think the other games are evidence the team finally showed up for the season and that they'll keep playing well moving forward.

Clippers fall below .500.  I'm watching their season in the hopes that it'll head south and they put Jordan on the market.

16 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

We played well as a team in three of the last four games.  For some reason the Mavs always embarrass us.  I think the other games are evidence the team finally showed up for the season and that they'll keep playing well moving forward.

Clippers fall below .500.  I'm watching their season in the hopes that it'll head south and they put Jordan on the market.

Beating the Lakers and Hawks at home doesn't mean anything.  I need to see the Wizards play consistent defense over an extended period of time that covers some good teams.

29 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Bunch of players have had to get jerseys replaced in games because theyve been ripped to shreds. 

Either cheaply made or they picked the wrong kind of fabric. 

Yeah I've seen it, it's happen enough times that espn was talking about it.  You'd think they'd have better quality control for such a highly visible product.

Did you all post the pre-game video of Oubre entering the court (assuming that's where it was taken... him jumping up and all excited to play). 

I love watching Oubre -- the young man needs to find Metta World Peace and have him mentor him... although seems like he's on the right track.   Perhaps I'm biased being in Laker country, but I like the development from Oubre.... dunno if there will be room on him in the roster in another couple of years. 

If he’s not playing for Dallas then I can’t imagine he’ll be able to command much on the open market.  It’s a good buy low opportunity for a young defensive center who I believe has the talent to be a good role player.

Some issues though:

- I’ve heard rumors that he has some troubling maturity issues in his personal life. I wonder if those didn’t follow him to Dallas.

- if we traded for him and he blew up before signing an extension, we could lose him in the summer just like what happened with Bojan.

- If we don’t trade for him and he either gets it going in Dallas or they trade him elsewhere, he could easily play his way out of our price range.

Maturity issues in young bigs give me pause.  I suspect that Noel is a pothead.  But we’re going to have to take a risk on someone.

I think the way you play it with Noel is to go ahead and trade for him but insist on accomplishing something else with the deal too: getting out of Mahinmi’s contract or building it around Gortat and getting back assets with Noel.  They could definitely use a center.  Mejri is built for like 20-24 MPG.

FWIW I think Dallas can absorb Mahinmi’s salary in an unbalanced trade straight up for Noel.

I do a deal of 2018 first + Mahinmi for Nerlens.  Ernie gets to say Noel is our first round pick and also get out of a huge mistake and we get our young center and/or end up one or two moves away from clearing up Cousins money.  Wins all around.

Noel is trade restricted until December 14th though.  Time for Mahinmi to start boosting that trade value.

3 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

FWIW I think Dallas can absorb Mahinmi’s salary in an unbalanced trade straight up for Noel.

I do a deal of 2018 first + Mahinmi for Nerlens.  Ernie gets to say Noel is our first round pick and also get out of a huge mistake and we get our young center and/or end up one or two moves away from clearing up Cousins money.  Wins all around.

Noel is trade restricted until December 14th though.  Time for Mahinmi to start boosting that trade value.

I could get all kinda behind that deal. Possibility that a Wildcat might listen to the legend John Wall, and get his act together.

Noel would be the perfect complement to Gortat. Run the floor, defend the rim, and will get some buckets through John and the game flow, without demanding to be fed on offense.

Makes so much sense, there's absolutely no way Ernie pulls it off.

Edited by Long n Left

6 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

this all makes me sad

we build in the bull**** logistical pretzels when discussing moves our GM will make because we know he's terrible and ain't going anywhere

lead_large.jpg

3 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Are we really talking about trading another first round draft pick?  Why to get rid of Mahinmi's contract?  Aren't ya'll getting tired of that?

You seen our record with non lottery draft picks by chance? We are literally gonna waste it anyway.