Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

It doesn't even really look like an offense, more like they are just trying to play as fast as possible. Its not organized chaos, its just looks like chaos. Simmer down, and they'll be fine, though, because I agree they have the talent to compete.

Edited by Renegade7

Team is playing like utter **** right now.  Our point differential is awful for 3-3 and it's a little scary how close to 0-6 we've actually come.  This is a very disappointing start to the year, and playing like this, we'll be doing well to come out of November with 8 wins or so.

They weren't ready for the start of the season.  Our FA class looks like ****.  We signed two injured players that put us two men down going into the season, and Webster and Blair mean we're already two men down permanently.  We've got an 11 man roster more or less.  Gooden looks done too.  We just have so few options.  The depth was supposed to be solid this year and it looks awful.

We can not afford for Beal to be hurt.  That is a potentially killer injury.

Ernie has to make some moves.  The front court is unacceptable.  We're pissing away a season of Wall's prime if we keep the roster as is.

This team is 6 games into the season...and now we're not going to win 50? 

This offense will take time to iron out it's kinks.  The turnovers, well...it's a matter of the Wizards shooting themselves in the foot.  I do agree that something needs to be done to shake up the front court, but there's a tad bit of overreaction going on from a few folks in here.  Sky isn't falling.  Let's give it 10 games to get a clearer picture as to what this team is all about. 

*Read in the comments section on BF that the Hawks last year at the 10 game mark were .500 with losses to Charlotte and the Lakers. 

R-E-L-A-X.

Edited by RonArtest15
  • Like 3

I agree with Ron, it's too early for the sky is falling routine. We're 6 games into a 82 game season. Relax already.

Why did anyone think you could change the offense and a team with this much turnover was going to hit the ground running? Of course there will be an adjustment.

• Like 1

I don't think we put all of our money on Durant.  We have Wall and Beal and Porter is looking like he has the potential to be a good third wheel.  The problem is the roster around them isn't very good right now.  But there are several different paths we can take to spend that Durant money if he stays in OKC.

Grunfeld is a problem.  He's not a great drafter and his FA signings this summer are looking questionable.  The lack of young talent in the front court has finally come up.  Old, slow legs are having trouble keeping up with our new pace, and they're also getting eaten alive on the defensive glass.  Gortat is the only player among our bigs that's really worth keeping.

• Like 1

Well, I think its pretty clear that the FA plan which was put into place 2 years ago, was to seek out players on deals that end after this season. That will typically be a poor player who is playing for a better contract, or an injured player. Good players in FA get money and longer contracts. So our plan basically is all in on Durant, and has been for 2-3 years.

If we win the lottery and get Durant: We have 2 starting quality 3's and another young gun in Oubre who has tons of potential. We would still have a huge hole at the starting 4 spot and backup 5 spot.

If we lose the lottery and Durant signs back with OKC: There is almost no one available in the FA who is a starting quality 4. Our best shot is probably a trade to Phoenix for the other Morris twin. As long as it doesnt cost us Oubre or a 1st, I could live with that. Though, I dont see how we could get him for anything less than that. A backup 5 can always be found if you are willing to pay. But they wont be young.

So far, the Wizards are turning the ball over 18.9 times per 100 possessions (Stats courtesy of NBA.com). To no one's surprise, that's worst in the league. The Wizards have an assist/turnover ratio of 1.15/1; that ranks them 27th in the league. To say the Wizards have a turnover problem would be an understatement.

http://www.bulletsforever.com/2015/11/9/9692146/washington-wizards-team-observations-pace-space-bradley-beal

Just posted this over in the Caps thread, but needs to be here as well. Seem a little too long at 17 years:

John Ourand ‏@Ourand_SBJ  52m52 minutes ago

Big news in DC: the Wizards and Caps are about to extend their Comcast SportsNet deals through 2032. SBJ's story: http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2015/11/09/Media/CSN-Mid-Atlantic.aspx 

Seems like 17 years is too long. But I guess security is king...

Edited by Popeman38

I'm officially concerned.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/thunder/2015/11/09/kevin-durant-road-trip-washington-free-agency/75438838/

" It’s easy to get your hopes up and expect a guy to come to your team or whatever — and I’m not talking about myself, I’m just talking about free agency in the past years and in the future — you get your hopes up as a fan, and then they let you down and you end up not liking the player."

Edited by Gamebreaker

Just posted this over in the Caps thread, but needs to be here as well. Seem a little too long at 17 years:

Didn't this arrangement result in a Wizards playoff game not being televised on at least one local cable provider?  Hopefully they've figured out how to make sure local games are televised going forward. 

Didn't this arrangement result in a Wizards playoff game not being televised on at least one local cable provider?  Hopefully they've figured out how to make sure local games are televised going forward. 

That is more on the provider. CSN+ has been available for years and some providers refuse(d) to carry it. Now I think every provider in the sre carries it, just not all in HD.

Dude, is it true we put a picture of KD in a wizards uniform on the jumbotron last year when we played the Thunder? That's messed up if its true...

Messed up and stupid. If we end up landing KD, which I'm definitely doubting at this point...the Thunder can easily make a case that a stunt like that could be considered tampering.