Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I don't KD will do that. All through his career he has done the opposite of Lebron. When Lebron had that wack ass ESPN special and bolted to Miami, KD quietly announced he signed an extension and stayed with the team that drafted him. Durant has always kept his counsel close and low-key, where Lebron has always made a spectacle about everything. I think the least likely decision he makes is anything that Lebron does.

Durant was signing his rookie contract extension in 2010. He was an RFA. There was never any drama about the negotiation--there was no chance he would or even could leave.

I'm not trying to kick the can for another year, really hope he doesn't take the 1yr deal

It definitely makes the most sense for him to do it.

I could also see him only taking a one year deal if he signed with us.

How does that work if he goes 1 year in Washington? Can he sign the 5 year max the next year and get the 10 year vet version or is he limited to 4 years since he would have only been in DC 1 year.

He could do five years I'm pretty sure. Like Gortat did. But it wouldn't surprise me if players like him and LeBron continuously signed one years deals while they have the stature to command a max contract every summer. Maintaining control over their fate is the greatest leverage they have over a team.

Kevin Broom posts on RealGM. Well liked and respected there, but I have never really agreed with his approach to basketball analysis, or some of his broad conclusions/beliefs about the game. One of the big ones is his belief that everything that happens in a basketball game gets captured in the box score. To me, that is self-evidently false. Interestingly enough, we end up reaching similar conclusions about individual players, although we take entirely different paths to get there.

• Like 1

Hey look. Randy getting schooled by Stevens AGAIN. The Celtics consistently put their best lineup in against your subs. So Randy naturally puts the most in athletic lineup in the floor when the Celtics sub. Neal-Sessions-Dudley-Nene-Beal. And the sub? Beal out for Temple.

Hey look. Randy getting schooled by Stevens AGAIN. The Celtics consistently put their best lineup in against your subs. So Randy naturally puts the most in athletic lineup in the floor when the Celtics sub. Neal-Sessions-Dudley-Nene-Beal. And the sub? Beal out for Temple.

Can't really blame Wittman when the players are giving the ball away like halloween candy

Edited by StillUnknown