Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Unlike the NFL Draft, in the NBA if you're not picking in the lotto you're pretty much just picking between role players. Yeah occasionally you can land a star but its usually just Role Player A vs. Role Player B. Not really gonna go too crazy about Oubre one way or another but at least its not some euro scrub.

• Like 1

Was told after workouts, Aaron White was 1 of top 4 players they saw. One team official pleasantly surprised #WizardsTalk #NBA @CSNWizards

Wittman says this was a no brainer. Oubre was a lottery quality player and they took the best player available #NBADraft #WizardsTalk

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Dez Wells will be on the #Wizards' summer league team, according to a source.

Dez Wells and Roddy Beaubois will be part of Wizards' summer league team, http://CSNwashington.com  has learned #WizardsTalk #NBA @CSNWizards

Edited by STBonecrusher21

Eh, just got a whiff of Oubre's Andrew Quarless-esque / Bucky Hodges-esque tats.

No thanks.  

Thanks for judging. 

Anyways, I'm here's to hoping that Oubre puts in the work over the summer and over the course of the season.  I think him being 2-3 years away is accurate.  That being said, maybe later in the season, he can carve a niche for himself in the rotation (hopeful thinking) and get somewhere between 10-15 min per night.  I think that's the best case scenario. 

Adding another guy with the athletiscism to run with Wall is a big picture move, as is not trying to draft a big when the form book says EG isn't good at that (and our squad isn't strong enough to take that chance right now imo).  He does have form for wings so fingers crossed this one works out too.

From the little I've now seen Oubre is aggressive and is good below and above the rim, if he works out a good addition (play style) to John's team.