Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Hard to get excited about a draft pick when you just know Randy isn't going to play him next season.

What I'm more curious about is what Ernie is going to do with Nene. Expiring deals are not something he tends to just sit by and watch come to their conclusion.

• Like 1

This pick should be very flexible for us. We could use a PF, but we could also really use a shooter off the bench

If we took Portis, Grant, Vaughn, or Booker I'd be happy with the pick

We really should try and be productive with our 2nd round pick as well, instead of our usual BS

• Like 2

Why would the grizzlies want to be rid of Green already? He seemed like a big acquisition for a team starving for offense.

While the wizards need more scoring they need a star caliber addition not another role player. Wizards need to make a big move because the only goal should be to build something that can get past the Cavs.

This trade was proposed on realgm..... :huh:

Washington Out: Nene, Porter, Blair, #19
Washington In: Johnson

Brooklyn Out: Johnson, Plumlee, #29
Brooklyn In: Batum, Nene, Blair #19

Portland Out: Batum
Portland In: Porter, Plumlee, #29, Cash Considerations

Washington gets a new SF to fill the shoes of Pierce - should he choose to retire, or opt out and go to another team. With Wall and Beal, this could be one of the scariest back courts in the league.

Brooklyn gets a higher draft pick for Plumlee. And, they replace Johnson - one starting player with an expiring contract - for Batum and Nene - two starting players with expiring contracts. They create cap flexibility for 2016 without giving up all chances of playing pretty well in the Eastern Conference.

Portland adds a little more depth to the roster, a second first round pick, and enough cap room to help the team maintain the rest of their starting line (Aldridge, Matthews, Lillard, and Lopez), and a rotation which could include: Kaman, Afflalo, McCollum, Leonard, Porter, Plumlee, and at least one or two more rotation players.

Even Ernie wouldn't make that trade.

The trade for Mike Miller and Randy Foye set the bar quite low. That JJ trade is remotely not as bad as that.

I mean we lost out on the league MVP for one year rentals.

Edited by No Excuses

Yeah it's awful. The reasoning for Washington is nonsense. We get a SF to replace Pierce... By trading our only decent SF on the roster for a one year rental of a 33 year old SG. And give away our first round draft pick for our trouble? Lol. Not to mention Nene too, our starting PF with a large expiring contract.

That's one of the worst ****ing armchair GM trades I've seen.

I need to pop over to realgm to make fun of the person who proposed that.

Nene is a Wizard. He is our cross to bear. He's untradable...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aGsZwIvmREQ

he's no longer untradeable, he's an expiring contract now

I just hope Ernie, and it will be Ernie because he our true cross to bear, doesn't take a bad deal just to get rid of him. At this point, I'd rather sit his ass on the bench and only use him when necessary than take back more salary for the wrong player in a deal.

Would anyone bring Nene back after next year? Obviously on a cheap deal. He would be a valuable big to come off the bench to play the 4 in 15 to 20 minutes a game. He may be ring chasing at that point so he may agree to a vet minimum deal with a team more equipped to win a title. But with Durant, he would probably be inclined to stay.

Edited by SuperBash

Would anyone bring Nene back after next year? Obviously on a cheap deal. He would be a valuable big to come off the bench to play the 4 in 15 to 20 minutes a game. He may be ring chasing at that point so he may agree to a vet minimum deal with a team more equipped to win a title. But with Durant, he would probably be inclined to stay.

only for the veteran's minimum 

No. It's time to know when to move on.

I'm inclined to say "Of course! For the right deal." I heart Nene but his value isn't currently worth his contract. I do believe though, that his first 2 years here were of great, great importance to this team. His leadership was instrumental in getting JW and BB to get serious about the NBA.