Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I put ZERO stock in what Blatche is doing in China.  If he was doing anything less than dominating, I'd be surprised.  Competition is awful over there.  There's a reason why guys like Marbury, JR Smith, Artest, etc. flourish statistically when playing there. 

*Out of curiosity, assuming we don't re-sign the majority of or UFAs, how much cap money will we have to use (so it won't compromise '16) this year?

*As far as Wittman, he's at least saying the right things after the playoffs.  They were a fun team to watch in both series.  Hopefully, he stays true to his word and really embraces the smaller lineups, stretch 4s, and taking more 3s. 

Edited by RonArtest15

The one thing I wonder about the Bullets is if they try to save that money for Durant and he ends up damaged or staying in OKC.

Then what ? That's the premise of throwing all of your eggs in one basket.

Would suck, but you have to take that risk right?

The one thing I wonder about the Bullets is if they try to save that money for Durant and he ends up damaged or staying in OKC.

Then what ? That's the premise of throwing all of your eggs in one basket.

Love,Horford etc will also be FAs in 2016.

We'll have options but yeah, KD is the big fish.

Not sure how much can be addressed in this offseason, but if Humphries really can cultivate a good 3-ball this offseason (he already can hit high school 3s, and Trevor Booker has added the 3pter to his game this past year, so it can be done), then that'd be a good short-term fix. Does anyone know what our record was in games Humphries started in? He was a major factor in our hot start, even without true stretch 4 abilities.

Would suck, but you have to take that risk right?

Kind of. It would just suck if it hampers the team from making other potential moves.

Love,Horford etc will also be FAs in 2016.

We'll have options but yeah, KD is the big fish.

Love has an option this year I believe. Horford would be a nice piece though.

CP3 is a dirtbag that gets away with a silly amount of illegal contact (and outright lowblows).  But Still is right, Wall (along with the whole team) stumbled late in the season and his defensive performance dipped.  CP3 might have had a better defensive performance this season because of that.  But no one in their right mind would believe he's a better defensive player than Wall on any given day.  Wall is an impact defender, the only one at the PG position.

• Like 2

http://www.bulletsforever.com/2015/5/20/8629549/nba-mock-draft-2015-washington-wizards-stretch-four-big-man

Now that we know the order of June's draft, mock drafts are coming out everywhere and most are projecting the Wizards will try to address their need in the draft. Here's a quick sampling of what several prominent mock drafts expect the Wizards to do with the 19th pick:

Kevin O'Connor, SB Nation: Trey Lyles
Ben Standig, CSN Washington: Kevon Looney
Chad Ford, ESPN: Bobby Portis
Chris Mannix, Sports Illustrated: Kevon Looney
Draft Express: Kevon Looney
NBADraft.net: Kevon Looney
Sam Vecenie, CBS: Jerian Grant
Gary Parrish, CBS: Tyus Jones
Zach Harper, CBS: Bobby Portis
Ed Isaacson, Rotoworld: Montrezl Harrell

With the exception of the Grant and Jones picks, everyone else is either a stretch forward already (Portis & Looney) or will likely be pushed toward playing that role in the NBA (Lyles & Harrell).

I watched all of 37 minutes of college ball last year. I know nothing about any of these guys.

Trade idea from realgm:

Assuming Deandre Jordan wants out (rumors) would you be down with this?

Gortat,Pierce and a 2016 1st for Jordan.

Rationale for the Wiz: Makes the Wiz much more athletic/younger and gives us a monster defender in the paint.

Rationale for the Clippers: Gives them a veteran closer in Pierce. Also reunites him with Doc in his hometown. Gortat solid center under a reasonable contract. And they get a future 1st to add to the core.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Trade idea from realgm:

Assuming Deandre Jordan wants out (rumors) would you be down with this?

Gortat,Pierce and a 2016 1st for Jordan.

Rationale for the Wiz: Makes the Wiz much more athletic/younger and gives us a monster defender in the paint.

Rationale for the Clippers: Gives them a veteran closer in Pierce. Also reunites him with Doc in his hometown. Gortat solid center under a reasonable contract. And they get a future 1st to add to the core.

I'm hesitant to add another guy that can't fit a free throw and who can't pick and pop.  Defensively the Wizards are already pretty good.

I'm hesitant to add another guy that can't fit a free throw and who can't pick and pop.  Defensively the Wizards are already pretty good.

I'm with you. The defense is good enough with Gortat at C and he's a better offensive player than Jordan. The main problem is Jordan is he's a FA this summer. If it's a S&T where Jordan gets the max or near max, then I'd rather have Gortat at 12 million for four years than Jordan at 17-20 million. Plus if we're still trying to get Durant, then adding that extra 5-8 million in salary for the summer of 2016 won't help.

I also think that Doc Rivers thinks DeAndre Jordan is a lot better than the rest of the league does. I think he could be a bad contract after he signs his extension. Is a pure defense and rebounding center that's a fifth option and can't play fourth quarters really going to justify a max deal?

The offense, specifically at the PF spot, is where we need to get better. Jordan doesn't help with that.