Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

13, 7, 4, and 2. All-defense 2nd team.

That would be nice. I'm thinking a little less. 11, 7, 2, and about 1.6 feels realistic. 37 % from three and 77% from the FT line. 48% FG%. Something like a 16 PER, a 116 ORtg and a 101 DRtg. Good enough defense to be recognized for it, but not necessarily win awards. Like Ariza.

From Beal, I'm optimistic. I'm feeling 20 ppg on about 43-44% FG% with 5 boards and 5 assist, a 106 ORtg and a 102 DRtg and a 19.5 PER. 41% from 3 and 81% from the FT line. 170 made threes. Selected as a reserve for the AS game.

John I'm going to go 18 and 10 with 4.5 boards, 2 steals, and .9 blocks. 46% from the floor, 81% from the FT line, and 36% from three with just under a hundred made. A 22 PER with a 109 ORtg and 101 DRtg. AS game starter, second team All NBA, first team All-NBA defense.

I want to see Otto get stronger and improve his 3pt shot. He missed far too many shots around the rim simply because he couldn't finish through, at times, minimal contact.  Improving his 3pt shot will make his ability to move without the ball all the more dangerous.

I don't see all-star games in his future, but he can be vital asset on a playoff team.

Agreed about the three ball and strength issues. Needs to get much better from the FT line too.

If Kyle Korver can make an AS game, then Otto can too. Not next year but somewhere down the line. What he needs is for the team to win like 55+ games. When that happens, the usually reward the team with multiple AS selections.

• Like 1

What are you guys expecting from Otto Porter moving forward?

A good and D player that moves well without the ball.  He will likely be an above average defender capable of guarding either wing position with a chance of making an all defense team if he dedicates himself to it.  Not at the level of Kawhi or Ariza, because I don't think he has the strength to guard PFs or the quicks to stay with PGs.  He has however proven to be a remarkably effective defender on 2s and 3s.  He's a pest that they just can't seem to shake and I've seen him talking a little smack too.  

Offensively he hasn't shown much off the dribble which makes "very good role player" his likely ceiling.  He will likely be a pretty good three point shooter, not elite or great, but good.  Otto is terrific without the ball from what I've seen in the post season, he is constantly getting open and generating easy scoring chances when assisted.  His free throw shooting will improve, though I'm starting to wonder about the wizards coaching staff on that issue.  Too many bad free throw shooters on this team, that should be better. 

So very good role player that can be productive off the bench or as a starter so long as he shares the floor with guys willing and able to pass the ball.      

I'd take any one of Lyles, Portis, T. Jones, or Rozier. 

We need a big to groom and also there's a need for a back up PG.  Whatever we don't take in round 1 (big/PG), we should take in round 2. 

As far as Free Agency, I'd take a LONG look at Kyle O'Quinn. 

• Like 1

Anyone gonna touch earl's pollyanna post?I'm not an EG hater, nor do I expect him to hit a home run every decision. But calling his work on this rebuild masterful is laughable. Five straight awful seasons of picking top six in the draft and a 45 and 46 win season to show for all of that failure and futility. The rebuilding job the Golden State Warriors did was masterful. Ours involved lucking into three top three picks in four seasons and sticking a couple of decent trades. Let's run down the decisions since 2009,2009-2010:Traded the fifth overall pick for Mike Miller and Randy Foye - a fireable offense. Could have picked Steph Curry. Or anyone really, that would have been better than what he did. Sold Jermaine Taylor to Houston for cash a running theme for Ernie Grunfeld second round picks and something that provides no long term strategic value.Signed Blatche to a five year extension - a disastrous contract that ended in amnesty. We're still paying his ass. Ernie got suckered into paying a sketchy player for a small sample size of work in a meaningless stretch of a bad season.2010-2011:Got lucky in the lottery in the right year. Jumped up four spots to get Wall, but this is a pick that almost anyone would have made. There was some Evan Turner talk on ESPN and on the radio but it's doubtful anyone would have picked him over Wall. Ernie doesn't deserve much credit for getting lucky in the lottery and making the obvious pick. After this there was a whooooole lot of trading for draft positioning with the net result we drafted Booker and Seraphin. Neither were failed draft acquisitions but neither were good picks either. Booker always had a limited ceiling and he was gone at the end of his rookie deal without the options being picked up. Seraphin never reached his potential and will be gone after his final option year expires this summer. The second round pick was traded to Minnesota as part of the deal for Booker.During the season made two big trades: 1.) Arenas for 'Shard. 2.) Hinrich and Hilton Armstrong for Mo Evans, Mike Bibby, and Atlanta's 2011 first. Ernie swindled Otis Smith on the Arenas trade--one of the few GMs worse than Ernie, he was fired by Orlando soon after this. 'Shard didn't do **** for us except expire a year before Arenas. At the time, it was dealing the worst contract in the NBA for the second worst. His eventual expiring contract did set the table for the Okafor/Ariza deal though.The second trade looked great at the time but we got nothing of lasting value from it and we've ended up struggling to find a back up PG for years since. Mo Evans was just a guy, in and out of the rotation for an awful team. Bibby was an immediate buyout that provided a little cap relief we never ended up needing or really using. Jordan Crawford was basically a bust and we're about to get to that draft pick...2011-2012:An embarrassing set of failures that nearly derailed the John Wall era. Flip Saunders got fired and was replaced with Randy Wittman, the interim coach that became permanent. The guy who drove the segment of the fan base that actually pays attention during the regular season to drink.In the draft, spent the 6th overall pick on Jan Vesely, a very damaging mistake. Could have had Kawhi Leonard or Klay Thompson. I personally was a Bismack Biyombo fan, and that would have been a terrible pick too. Leonard was the favorite of a couple of the regulars around here and they ended up being right. That 18th overall pick we got from Atlanta in the Hinrich trade was spent on Chris Singleton, who was just as big a disappointment as Vesely. Could have had Kenneth Faried, who was the favorite among a lot of fans. But actually almost all of the guys picked after Singleton in the first round would have been better picks. And in fact, Singleton, Jordan Hamilton, Nolan Smith, and JuJuan Johnson are the only first rounders from that Klay Thompson pick at 11 that ended up being nobodies. Remarkable. So not only did Ernie fail with his pick, he was also one of the only GMs in the league to get nothing whatsoever of value from that draft. The second round pick was another draft pick and PG failure. We got Shelvin Mack, who barely played here, but eventually ended up becoming a solid rotation player in Atlanta after we cut him.Next was the Nene trade at the deadline. This deal is close to a loss but I won't call it that. JaVale and Nick Young were stupid losers, getting rid of them was addition by subtraction. But we were caught in a bad position with JaVale. We couldn't dare keep him, but couldn't let him walk for nothing, and couldn't afford to trade him without getting a real big man in return. Being able to toss in Swaggy P as trade ballast was a nice little bonus. His game is such that he is destined to spend his career as gunner for awful teams.Denver had buyer's remorse a couple months after signing Nene to a big five year extension. They saw he was never getting back to the level he played at in that contract year and they were right. But they were stupid to take JaVale for him, and even more stupid to sign JaVale long term that summer. For the first two years of the contract, Nene was pretty good and he helped stabilize an awful team filled with Ernie's mistakes. Nene was the first teammate Wall played with that was a legit, starting caliber NBA player. The downside was the back end of Nene's contract and we all knew this day was coming. Nene was done after last year's playoffs with two more seasons and 26 million left on his contract. His deal was an anchor that is preventing us from being more active in the FA market this summer and last summer. And he was a major liability during this year's playoff run where we had a great chance at the ECF. This move definitely helped us in the immediate term and we came out of it better than Denver, but it came with major opportunity cost built into the back end.2012-2013:Finally able to deal Shard's corpse, we sent him and our second round pick to New Orleans for Okafor and Ariza. New Orleans didn't want either Okafor or Ariza and was trying to get rid of them. The fanbase hated this deal at the time, we felt we should have gotten the 10th pick for the trouble of taking two years at 20 plus million dollars of deadweight off New Orleans' hands. But Okafor and Ariza ended up way outperforming expectations. We got a year of solid starting center play from Okafor before back problems ruined his second season before it began. Ariza was terrible his first season here but had a mini career renaissance in his contract season. John Wall got him paid by Houston, where he's carved out a solid niche for himself. We got our money's worth from this trade.As for the draft, we got slightly lucky in the lottery again. We were leap-frogged by New Orleans, but fortunately that was the only team or else we wouldn't have gotten Beal. Then we were lucky Charlotte foolishly picked MKG second instead of Beal. It was between those two and TRob at that pick and they chose poorly. We practically ran to the podium for Beal. Beal wasn't a no-brainer like Wall and Ernie does deserve some credit for picking him. But he was also the pick the majority of the fan base would have made. Full disclosure, I was a TRob fan and was torn between him and Beal. Picking TRob would have been a disaster, fortunately we didn't. But in hindsight, Beal might not have been the best pick at three. Damian Lillard is obviously better than him and should have been the second overall pick. And if Andre Drummond becomes an AS caliber center, then it's going to be tough to justify picking Beal ahead of him. I'm not too worried about those two personally and am glad we picked Beal. We never needed a second PG like Lillard, and Drummond still hasn't definitely proven to me that he's better than Beal. No way Drummond has the kind of series Bradley Beal just had against Atlanta.As for the second round pick, drafted and stashed Sato. This move is still a wait and see. Hasn't given us anything of value whatsoever so far, but people are still optimistic that he's either going to come over and be pretty good or be a useful trade chip somewhere along the line.During the season we traded Jordan Crawford for Leandro Barbossa and Jason Collins. Not really a hit or a miss. Nothing came of this deal, it was an addition by subtraction move. Crawford was apparently pissing off Beal and Wittman and being a problem in the locker room and he just wasn't very good here.That season istelf was a ****ing disaster. We were supposed to take a big step forward but then Wall got injured during the summer and we went 5-28 before he came back. We came embarrassingly close to setting the record for longest losing streak to start a season. That 5-28 stretch was probably the closest Randy an Ernie came to getting fired. John Wall broke out in March and April of 2013 and saved their jobs. People around the league were stunned when Ernie got a modest contract extension that summer.2013-2014:Mixed bag of moves. That incredibly embarrassing start to the '12-'13 season got us the 8th best odds in the lottery and Ernie got lucky again when we jumped five spots to pick third overall. We spent it on Porter. Seemed like a solid pick at the time, I personally was in favor of it. The big majority of the fan base wanted Nerlens Noel though. Porter's first two seasons were basically a disaster that had a lot of the fan base calling him a bust until he had a breakout in this postseason. Porter is going to be alright and, for the record, I still support the decision to draft. I did even before the playoffs happened. But it's already become clear he wasn't the best pick Ernie could have made. That would obviously be Rudy Gobert, who would be the #1/#1 pick if they held the draft over again today. Nobody really saw him coming though, so I don't kill Ernie for not picking him. However, Porter still has a lot of work to do to prove he was a better choice than Noel, Alex Len, and Greek Freak.Once again, we got nothing from the second round. GRJr barely played before he was exiled to who knows where? A great GM sticks one of these picks every once in a while, like Golden State did with Draymond Green for instance.In free agency we signed Eric Maynor on the first day using up our biannual exception and giving him a player option for the second year. Then we signed Martell Webster to a four year full MLE contract. Immediately after picking Otto Porter third overall... It goes without saying that both of these moves were disasters. Martell's deal is an anchor and we still need to find a way to dump it before the summer of 2016 to make cap space for a max deal. He immediately got hurt after signing it and has pretty much stayed hurt since. His NBA career is probably over. And worst of all, he blocked Porter from playing as a rookie, and then again during the middle of the season this year. Maynor's contract might have been worse. We signed him first day to the most money we could offer him when other, better back up PGs like Darren Collison and Nate Robinson went for bargains later on in the process. Maynor was completely finished as an NBA player and this move is emblematic of our constant struggle to fix the back up PG position.In season moves: we dealt Okafor's expiring contract and our first round pick to Phoenix for Gortat. This trade was a big win. We got lucky Gortat was available exactly when we needed him to be--the result of Phoenix losing Steve Nash and drafting Alex Len. He worked out well and got a big five year contract the next summer. This move saved our postseason chances and is probably Ernie's best trade of the John Wall era. The only downside was the loss of the first round pick in what was supposed to be one of the best and deepest drafts in years. The pick ended up being Tyler Ennis. Hell yeah I'd rather have Gortat than him.Then at the deadline we dealt Vesely and Maynor for Andre Miller. An ostensibly good move if you take the most myopic perspective possible. We were getting nothing from Vesely and we needed to get out of Maynor's deal because he had a second year player option. And Miller gave us a couple months of good basketball. In reality, it was Ernie putting a bandaid over two awful mistakes. Getting a couple months of quality bench play from the oldest player in the league is absolutely unacceptable return from a #6 overall pick. And the reason we had to get out of Maynor's player option in the first place was because Ernie stupidly gave it to him in the race to bid against himself.2014-2015:Ernie's best offseason as Wizards GM. Got Gortat locked up long term on a deal that is going to be very favorable by next season. And he didn't blow his wad on Ariza and actually managed to get a nice trade exception from him. That TPE got us Kris Humphries and DeJuan Blair. Blair was a bust but worth a shot at the time. Minimal risk, modest upside. Humphries worked out great and is a useful contract moving forward. Getting Paul Pierce at the full MLE was brilliant. Probably the best FA signing Ernie's made. He was a critical locker room guy whose been crucial for the development of Wall, Beal, and Porter. And he was huge in the playoffs. We've already gotten our money's worth from him and we came out ahead in the Ariza situation.The draft was another missed opportunity though. In typical EG fashion, we sold Jordan Clarkson for cash, a move from which we derive zero long term strategic benefit. And it looks particularly bad in hindsight because Clarkson actually ended up being good. I say again, eventually Ernie is going to have to stick one of these late first or second round picks to give us a bargain contract.In our never-ending quest to find a back up PG, Ernie dealt Andre Miller for Ramon Sessions at the deadline. A decent trade. Miller was basically done and, while Sessions struggled during the regular season, he settled in pretty well by the playoffs and was a legit boost during the Atlanta series when Wall got hurt. Don't know if Sessions is the answer moving forward though.So that brings us to the present. The biggest successes of Ernie's build were the result of getting lucky in the lottery after awful, disheartening seasons. And in between those moves you have a lot of missed opportunities and outright mistakes peppered with a handful of good trades and modest FA signings. Ernie isn't awful. He's a mediocre GM that fumbled his way through this rebuilding process and would have been fired a while ago if not for lucking into John Wall.A "masterful" rebuild is turning #6, #11, #7, and #35 picks into Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, Harrison Barnes, and Draymond Green. A masterful rebuild is turning your mediocre coach into Steve Kerr. Even the one big **** up of this Golden State build--picking Ekpe Udoh #6 in 2010--they managed to flip with Monta Ellis for Andrew Bogut.Us and the Warriors have been the two worst franchises in the NBA over the past 30 years. We came from the same cellar and we started our current building processes at about the same time. We've got 45 and 46 win seasons and a pair of second round playoff appearances to show for it. They just ripped off a historic 66 win season and are probably going to win a championship. That's what a great rebuild looks like.

I guess is see it different.

09-10 was not a rebuild year. It was a push to get the big 3 over the top. Gil was a top tier scoring PG and a guy like steph curry wasn't going to contribute immediately. Time was running out on the big 3 so EG swung for the fences. Miller and foye were key pieces to championship teams. Just not here. Biggest mistake EG made was believing in Gilbert. I'm guilty of that too. But I guess it was obvious at the time to many of u that Gil was finished. He had most of the city fooled. I'll give u blatche was a terrible signing, but u also had to look at the state of the franchise that had basically been the farm team for Detroit and we weren't exactly attractive for FA's so we had to keep our players and overpay them.

10-11 the first year of the rebuild. John wall and traded the untradeable contract of Gil. I'd say great way to start a rebuild.

11-12. Yes Ves was terrible but look at that draft class. Busts everywhere. The best player u named slipped all the way to the Spurs. Practically the entire league passed on Leonard so I don't see how we can point to EG like he should've known. Missing on 2 picks in an historically bad draft is still missing on 2 picks. Not making excuses but he redeemed himself with the nene trade. scrutinized at the time but has proven to be huge for this team and wall.

12-13 beal and okafor and Ariza ID say a great year for EG. Again scrutinized by the haters but proved to be a great move for the team and the development of wall. Wiz probably in the playoffs this year if not for wall injury.

13-14 Otto and gortat. Rice jr was a solid pick that just didn't work out here. Wiz are now relevant in the east.

So in 4 years of a rebuild EG gets 2 maybe 3 cornerstone pieces in wall, beal and hopefully porter. Rids the team of the cancers and turns them into nene, Gil's contact into Ariza and gortat. And we are back in the playoffs. Has he been perfect? No, but he's proven to be the most competent GM in my life time which may not be saying much, but it's undeniable we now have the most promising bball team this city has seen in decades and EG is responsible for it. We should definitely fire him.

You don't get credit for picking consensus players. Wall and beal were the basically the consensus picks at that time. He gave up a massive expiring AND a 1st rounder for Gortat. On top of that outbid himself with the contract length. If Porter turns out to be a better player then Noel he'll get credit there, but I have my doubts as a Porter fan. 

He signed Eric Maynor, one of the worst NBA signings I have ever seen. Maynor couldn't even cut it in PHIL. His '11 draft class was abominable. He also didn't bring Sato over since he wanted Maynor. Had to give up assets in order to get Miller, which eventually became sessions. And now sato by every objective analysis is turning out to be a good player and we can't bring him over until the cap balloons, thus depreciating his value. Yay our nimrod GM. 

Dude completely disvalues 2nd rounders, which is a big no-no in the modern NBA. The smart NBA FO know how to use em. Look at the Spurs, HOU, OKC, and ATL. And if not 2nd rounders, he is a terrible drafter outside of the lottery. Hell even outside of the top 3. Basically  choice has to be so retardly simple for him to make it in order for him not to screw it up. 

Singleton. Bust. Mack. Not here. Booker. Not here. Seraphin Bust (he is a bad player and there is no objective way to qualify him as a good player unless you enjoy being ignorant to reality). Opec. Bust. McGee. Bust. Young. Moron. Blatche. Retard. He doesn't know how to draft, overpays FAs, and gets the short end on almost every trade (traded an expiring for traditionally flawed and overpaid players in Okafor and Ariza and couldn't even squeeze another pick in return). 

But yah, 2nd round wooooo. Truth is we are still a treadmill team. We have some young pieces that will keep us quasi relevant until '16 but if we don't land Durant, do people really trust EG as a manager of assets to get us that next star player? Been a mediocre franchise so long people are content with being a treadmill team. Bleh.  

Dude is a fool. A sports stain on DC. And we won't go anywhere as a franchise until we purge him from our city. 

So yah, **** Ernie Grunfeld.  :angry:

Friendly reminder:

11. Please do not use the “Quote” feature to quote pics, gifs, vids, or any large sections of text.

It unnecessarily extends and clutters threads and is annoying. Edit them out.

If you would like to respond to the contents of a particular post, simply quote the sentence or idea that you're commenting upon, not the entire post if it's lengthy.

Very few people thought that Curry would make the transition into the player he has become. Actually...nearly no one.

To pass on Curry was not a mistake given the evidence at the time.

even if he didn't want curry there were good players to be had in that draft class. All of whom, had more value then Foye and Miller, who weren't exactly pillars of our foundation here.  

I never saw the reason for that trade either.

The draft class beyond Curry has not really been worthy besides what ? Teague, Lawson, maybe Holiday or can't remember his name right now but the guy Toronto drafted. Obviously excluding Griffin.

Who are the those that had really more value ? They needed a guy to spread the floor...so they went for it. I just don't think those guys were worth trading for.

Very few people thought that Curry would make the transition into the player he has become. Actually...nearly no one.

To pass on Curry was not a mistake given the evidence at the time.

The mistake was only acquiring Foye & Miller for that draft pick. The fact that they both ended up being 1 year rentals only compounded the initial mistake.

The mistake was only acquiring Foye & Miller for that draft pick. The fact that they both ended up being 1 year rentals only compounded the initial mistake.

Which is a huge mistake that shouldn't be added to the like of just another bad draft. We got virtually nothing from those two that are at best average NBA role players that can be picked up in free agency easily enough.

Fire Ernie. I've said it for years, his love of players with long fingers was going to come back and haunt us. What do you know, lose in the playoffs because Pierce can't the ball off of his long ass ****ing fingers in time. **** YOU ERNIE!!!

Made me laugh

You don't get credit for picking consensus players. Wall and beal were the basically the consensus picks at that time. He gave up a massive expiring AND a 1st rounder for Gortat. On top of that outbid himself with the contract length. If Porter turns out to be a better player then Noel he'll get credit there, but I have my doubts as a Porter fan.

McGee. Bust. Young. Moron. Blatche. Retard.

I totally get what you're getting at. My question: how the **** does Swaggy P get a "moron" and "Team Captain" Baltche gets a "retard" but ****ing Pierre, WHO WAS ****ING RAISED BY PRO BASKETBALL PLAYERS, only gets a run-of-the-mill "bust"?

It's hard for me to take the rest of your opinions seriously. (Not serious if you don't know my posting by now)

For real, I wish there was like some advanced stat that measured on-court base retardation. I can't imagine a trio of teammates in NBA history that comes close to their levei. And those weren't bench warmers. They were what we were basing our future on.

Outside hands11 and his really weird, largely-perverted sexual fascination with Baltche--though I will say, hands11 was well before his time when it came to gay marriage so props to him on that (super duper props to anyone who gets that 8-year-old ES joke, when all the Wiz posting was done in the local bball forum. RIP baby. You helped me become a man. I'll never forget you), I'm not sure anyone ever really liked or had any type of real hope for Baltche's bum ass.

That said, many here, myself included, to various levels, had some hope for Pierre and Swaggy P. And coming dead in the very heralded days of Agent Zero, we even rejoiced in their...quirkiness (being nice). Perfect fits for the team! They can follow Gil's work ethic (never sniffed 50 wins) and be lead and taught how to be pros by our great leader Antawn. (Antawn as a leader was a total fraud. Dude didn't give a ****. Never did. Though his ride is sick. Saw him on the highway heading to Charlotte. Bently. Sick as ****).

But yeah, Swaggy P and Pierre and Baltche controlled our hopes and dreams. Obviously we were just lying to ourselves after years of ****. But think about that. Arguably the biggest case of sports PTSD in sports history...

(hate using that term here, PTSD--myself and stepfather have both had our issues with it--but I can't think of a better term (please help if you can) and I know people know this is largely da bull**** post about bull****)

...when your hopes and dreams are based on the development of Baltche, Young and McGee? I mean Holy ****. But is it really unexpected? I went to my first game in the late in the '87/'88 season. The highlight of younger years 5-8/9 was a ****ing poster. I doubt I even need to go into detail.

Remember the Dunk Contest? Javale got absolutely robbed by ****ing Kia. Holy ****. I have no doubts the 300 Wizfan Hardcores in the DMV would've rioted if logistically possible. That was OUR Dunk Title goddammit. All these years of **** and now ****ing Kia is making us its ****.

But it was nice to feel emotion again. From the high of Agent Zero to the low was just so ****ing deflating. But now, finally, we mattered again. Our guy, possibly. potentially the most athletic young big in the League, should've won the Dunk Contest. Easily the most excitement since the heights of Gil (his 62 in gold in LA maybe) and right there when the GOAT dropped 50+ in OUR uniform! (I was at that game. Holler you jealous ****es).

But yeah, in all seriousness, the point of this post was to just look where we've been in longterm and RECENT history, the crap we used to get hyped over. And now we are. For the first time in my life I can dream Finals and not freakshow posters*

As in a large picture you put up on your wall and someone like....say... Kosher Ham for example. Understood?

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.
  • Like 1

Remember the Dunk Contest? Javale got absolutely robbed by ****ing Kia. Holy ****. I have no doubts the 300 Wizfan Hardcores in the DMV would've rioted if logistically possible. That was OUR Dunk Title goddammit. All these years of **** and now ****ing Kia is making us its ****.

I car shopping in July last year, the Optima was one of my final choices, then I remembered that dunk contest and moved on.

• Like 3

Beal: "I think if I can put together a full season, I can be one of the elite players in this league."

Humphries started working on 3-point shot a lot at practice the last month or so.

Humphries on whether he will start shooting 3s next season: "Yeah, man, you've seen me. I'm out there on fire, right? You seen me."

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH
  • Like 1

That I completely agree with. That part was a screw up...major, same as when the Lakers took Howard for a year.

My point was about the perceived value of Curry that someone mentioned.

That I completely agree with. That part was a screw up...major, same as when the Lakers took Howard for a year.

My point was about the perceived value of Curry that someone mentioned.

With Ernie's euro fetish, he probably would have drafted Rubio over curry.

Fans can get away with not knowing a player's potential, I don't give GM's that benefit. Thats not to say they should be perfect, but identifying value is an important criteria of their jobs. I don't give GM's the "well nobody saw this coming" pass. As a GM, with the resources available, you shouldn't be that surprised.

Edited by StillUnknown