Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

My thoughts of the series:

1. Wittman coached better throughout the playoffs than he ever did at any point during the regular season. He isnt going anywhere.

2. Our young guys were amazing.

3. Gortat absolutely **** the bed when the pressure was on. No you cant have Seraphin closing out the game. Sorry. Unless you want to see him take an iladvised hook, or lose the ball on a double team... also, he was getting beat on the defensive end in the 4th.

4. Milsap and Horford destroyed our front line all series.

The most funniest thing would be if the curse gets lifted this year when the NAts win the title 

Lol. Do you really think the Nationals are safe from the curse?

Stretch 4? If he's a star sure. We need to aim higher than adding a "good" addition. The wizards need a star or to position themselves to get one the following year. They also need to extend Beal to a below max deal unless he starts playing lights out consistently.

The goal has to be to have a two PROVEN star team by the 2016/17 at the latest. No more talk about developing picks or waiting on young guys.

One of Aldridge, Love, or Durant to go with Beal and Wall would be nice. Any will do.

Draft a stretch 4, 2 guard, or understudy for Gortat.

Beal played like a star man.  Scored 25+ points a game and utterly shut down the AS playing across from him.  What Wall and Beal gave us in the games they played was enough.  Our problem was we spotted them two games when Wall was injured and our bigs ****ing sucked.  They were completely outclassed by Atlanta's.  The PF position absolutely killed us.  We were reduced to playing a 38 year old Paul Pierce and Drew ****ing Gooden huge minutes at the spot because Nene was SUCH a negative.  Swap Nene for Paul Millsap and this team runs the table on the East.

I don't know about finding a stretch four, I'd settle for simply finding a good four.  Fix the PF position and this team can win the East immediately.

The most funniest thing would be if the curse gets lifted this year when the NAts win the title 

That wouldn't be funny it would be amazing.

Good point about being forced to rely on Pierce and Gooden at the 4. That speaks to just how bad Nene was at the position.

Disagree about Beal. He didn't show himself to be all that much better than Carrol, and no one would dream of giving that dude a max deal. At least I wouldn't. Beal scored a lot but he usually shot a lot to do it. If he makes his leap next year, max him. If he doesn't... It becomes a huge gamble. He's not as far along as Wall was and he's not a big.

Then Ted better get used to 2nd round playoff exits.

With our old front court those will be 1st round exits soon enough. Something's got to change.

Wittman said Gortat was dealing with an illness, had IV's yesterday and today, tried to give all he had tonight #WizHawks

Witt says Gortat was sick. Needed IVs and was throwing up all day #WizHawks #WizardsTalk #NBA @CSNWizards

Edited by STBonecrusher21

A few notes...

Beal earned his max by Wizards standards.  You give it to him out of good faith like John Wall.  He's not a max player just yet, but he'll live up to it.  He elevated his game on BOTH ends of the floor.  I never knew he had it in him to frustrate an elite shooter like Korver the way he did.  This kid should be no less than a 22ppg scorer next year.  Hard to believe that he's still only 21, with 3 years of NBA action under his belt, and also a year of college as well.  Sky is the limit for him. 

As much as I **** on Otto Porter, he had his coming out party.  Dude looked determined AND confident.  He's going to be an important part of this team going forward.  He proved me completely wrong. 

Randy Wittman...wow.  He had a few questionable decisions, but he coached his ass off.  It's like a light went on in his thick skull.  Less long 2s, more 3s.  BEAUTIFUL ATO plays drawn up.  It goes on and on.  I still think that we need a coaching change at some point to get to that championship level...but I'm cool w/ Wittman for now. 

Nene...you're trash, buddy.  You better go apologize to every member of the Wizards for your half ***** perfomance in the playoffs.  You're out there collecting checks and looking like a complete embarrassment.  No passion.  No heart.  Not sure where your head was at.  I can't wait for the ****ing day when you're off the books.  While you're not solely responsible for us losing this series, I'd place about 97% of the blame on you.  Yes, this is me being fickle...but you were a complete disgrace on the court. 

Gortat...all I'm gonna say is how about you actually try to earn some of that 60 mil you're being paid.  I don't give a **** that your feelings were hurt that you weren't getting PT.  You didn't deserve ****.  Get your head out of your *** and come back better next season. 

Last but not least, John ****ing Wall!  Out there ballin' with one hand.  Leaving EVERYTHING on the floor.  You are the epitome of what a leader should be.  As you go, so does this team.  Not much more needs to be said.  You're top 5 at your position right now, but with good health, let's see you take your game into that top 3 category next year.  Which I think you will. 

Welp, it was a fun ride, but now it's over.  Even being handicapped like we were with bad health and playing 4 on 5 when Nene was on the floor, we were still THISSSSSS close to taking the series.  The Wizards will learn from this and come back even better next year.  I have nothing but optimism going forward.  Let's hope that EG, or whovever the GM is, will remedy the roster and make this team more dangerous in the 15/16 season. 

Edited by RonArtest15
  • Like 2

Good point about being forced to rely on Pierce and Gooden at the 4. That speaks to just how bad Nene was at the position.

Disagree about Beal. He didn't show himself to be all that much better than Carrol, and no one would dream of giving that dude a max deal. At least I wouldn't. Beal scored a lot but he usually shot a lot to do it. If he makes his leap next year, max him. If he doesn't... It becomes a huge gamble. He's not as far along as Wall was and he's not a big.

Come one man, I know you know Beal =/= Carroll. First off, Carroll was like the fourth or fifth option for his team and didn't create any of those points for himself. Beal was our offense. Second Carroll is 28 and Beal is 21. Did you see the list of other guys who scored like Beal in the playoffs at age 21 they kept flashing? LeBron. Kobe. Tony Parker. Beal. That is elite company he's in.

He played like a true star and it's one of the only legit silver linings from an extremely frustrating series.

If Beal keeps playing like he did this postseason then he's a max player. First option scorer that passes, rebounds, and plays good defense. If we can sign him this summer to a discount deal because of the fear of injury? Great. If not, there will be teams lining up to offer the kid a max contract in 2016. The entire league has max contract room and there are only going to be seven guys worth it: LeBron, Durant, Love, Davis, Lillard, Drummond, and Beal.

• Like 1

Wait until after next season, remember how good Beal looked in the playoffs last year and what followed? He has to prove it. This team has to stop thinking like we have to beg players to play here.

A good start would be firing Ernie and Wittman.

Wait until after next season, remember how good Beal looked in the playoffs last year and what followed? He has to prove it. This team has to stop thinking like we have to beg players to play here.

A good start would be firing Ernie and Wittman.

Playoff Beal in 13-14 was COMPLETELY different from playoff Beal in 14-15. 

He took that next step.  I can say that with confidence.  Everything from how he was approaching the game with aggression to his body language. 

Not sure why there's such a hard stance w/ you regarding Beal, but like I said...you give him the max out of good faith like the team did with Wall.  He's in the EXACT same position where you see flashes of brilliance, but has not put it all together.  By the time Beal is 23, 2 years from now, I really think he'll be talked about as one of the two best 2-guards in the league. 

• Like 1

This ATL team is better than the Indy team we lost to last season. I think we're clearly better than we were last season. And that makes our piddly 46 win record look really bad in hindsight. Then again we underachieved with 45 wins last season too.

Randy is a regular season underachiever. Improves to competent in the postseason but we still lose when the talent differential in a match up with a #1 seed becomes a factor.

This was a frustrating series but I'm pulling for Atlanta against Cleveland. Jeff Teague and maybe Dennis Schroeder are the only players on that team I can't stand. Teague is a little punk but I have no problem Horford, Korver, Millsap, and Carroll.

• Like 1

Playoff Beal in 13-14 was COMPLETELY different from playoff Beal in 14-15. 

He took that next step.  I can say that with confidence.  Everything from how he was approaching the game with aggression to his body language. 

Not sure why there's such a hard stance w/ you regarding Beal, but like I said...you give him the max out of good faith like the team did with Wall.  He's in the EXACT same position where you see flashes of brilliance, but has not put it all together.  By the time Beal is 23, 2 years from now, I really think he'll be talked about as one of the two best 2-guards in the league.

I agree. Although I think you hardball Beal a little to see if he'll take a discount to sign early. He hasn't been as good as Wall and the injuries are a real factor in negotiations. If it doesn't work, worst case scenario, we can match any offer he gets. And if he hits FA, then he can sign a five year deal, which could be a win win situation if he plays at a max level that season.

I think Beal makes the AS game as a reserve next season and I think Wall and Beal will be the starting backcourt for the East by the time Beal is 23. And by the time he's 24 or 25 I think he'll be considered the best SG in the game. Who are his peers? He doesn't have any... Klay Thompson, Jimmy Butler, and James Harden are all 25. Oladipo isn't anywhere near as good as him. McLemore and Stauskas and any other 2 you can drag out from the last three draft classes aren't even worth mentioning alongside Beal. Beal is so far ahead of the other two guards around his age that they aren't actually peers. Lillard and perhaps Andrew Wiggins are the only other perimeter players in that kind of class and they don't play the same position.

• Like 1

Another thing that makes me happy is that this postseason proved Wall is a hoss and Kyrie Irving and Kyle Lowry are ****es.

Wall broke his hand and wrist in five places and couldn't be kept off the court. And he played hard and produced with that broken hand. Kyrie has been a total vagina that is just begging for his season to end, openly asking for his teammates to let him off the hook, and making sure EVERYONE in the world knows he's hurting. And Lowry just flat out quit on his team. Those guys are losers. Kyrie Irving was headed the way of Stephon Marbury before LeBron swooped in and rescued his career from the toilet.

Adam Kilgore ‏@AdamKilgoreWP  2m2 minutes ago

Paul Pierce: "I don't even know if I'm going to play basketball again next year."

He's caught up in the emotions of a brutal loss. And he's probably tired as hell. But I hope he takes some time to recharge the batteries and decides to come back for one more year. I know he has it in him. His game is ageless and he hasn't lost that competitive fire. And we could seriously use him. Give us another year and we'll give him one more shot at the Finals.

• Like 2