Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I'm 100% fine with Wittman coming back.  He's growing, just like other guys on the team.  Hell of a game today and I couldn't be prouder of our squad.  ONE MORE!

We'll see how he does next round but he been good in round 1 but he's coached better in this series than he did in the regular season.   

• Like 1

I am buzzing. They really are on the cusp of moving on to the next round. Lets just hope the Hawks win it so we can start talking about ECF.

And Wittman has been excellent this series. I hated, but he is proving me wrong. Chicago may not be talented enough, but Wittman is punishing them with that talent discrepancy.

Lets close this out in Chicago

• Like 1

Impresive win, but holy hell, we need to make our fricking layups.........

Yeah that was really frustrating. They weren't gimmies I'll admit but they're shots NBA players should make like 80% of the time and we missed all of them. Booker I can understand, dude is basically Michael Ruffin 2.0 on offense but Gortat really hurt us down the stretch(did have that nice hustle play though and a nice pass to close it out).

I do like Booker's hustle and energy though, we just gotta make sure when he's in the game that the other four guys can score and that the offense never actually runs through him because it's a guaranteed brick.

We'll see how he does next round but he been good in round 1 but he's coached better in this series than he did in the regular season.   

The team has helped him out in this regard. Nene, Hammer, Ariza, Beal…all these guys have had great moments in the series and really given Randy a big target, or a working margin.  Best thing I can say about Witt right now, is that he's had the team ready to go and set up from the opening tip in every game.  Have we not had at least a 10 point lead in every 1st quarter?

That's good coaching...

Edited by mboyd784

3 pages of wining about the referees, an obligatory Whitman sucks post, and a bunch of wining when we basically kicked Chicago's ass without Nene in the lineup.

You guys should try and focus on the positives for once.

The Wizards/Bullets and the playoffs is like oil and water.  Enjoy it while it lasts and stop trying to blow everything up while the getting is good.

Edited by chipwhich
  • Like 3

3 pages of wining about the referees, an obligatory Whitman sucks post, and a bunch of wining when we basically kicked Chicago's ass without Nene in the lineup.

You guys should try and focus on the positives for once.

The Wizards/Bullets and the playoffs is like oil and water.  Enjoy it while it lasts and stop trying to blow everything up while the getting is good.

Your greatest post ever.  Come back next Sunday and school these clowns again!

Marcin_Gortat_Wizards.jpg

Edited by mboyd784

Sadly, I missed most of the game.  Kid had soccer until 2:00, so I didn't get the game on until the 3rd quarter when the team was up 18.  Then had to go to Fredericksburg to meet other family for early dinner and had to listen to the rest on a weak AM station.  I see a lot of ****ing in here about the referees, but the final box score shows the foul calls were 22-18 in our favor, and we shot eight more free throws.  I think some of you guys might be getting a little too overdramatic about lopsided officiating.

Sadly, I missed most of the game. Kid had soccer until 2:00, so I didn't get the game on until the 3rd quarter when the team was up 18. Then had to go to Fredericksburg to meet other family for early dinner and had to listen to the rest on a weak AM station. I see a lot of ****ing in here about the referees, but the final box score shows the foul calls were 22-18 in our favor, and we shot eight more free throws. I think some of you guys might be getting a little too overdramatic about lopsided officiating.

It's the way the Bulls play. They certainly hack a lot and most of their screens are illegal. They get away because the refs won't call everything.

It's the way the Bulls play. They certainly hack a lot and most of their screens are illegal. They get away because the refs won't call everything.

Admittedly, I don't watch basketball all that much, but from what I saw today, everytime the Bulls hacked at a Wiz, they were called for it. Shoot, they were called for a lot more penalties today than we were. Not sure what it is I'm missing, but I didn't see what people are taalking about complaining about the refs so far.

Plus, aren't we winning the series right now? Seriously people? Give it a rest. I could see complaining about officiating if we were losing the series or if it were tied up & officiating could be the reason, but we basically dominated the Bulls today & even I wasn't worried about the outcome. Once we went up by 23 points, I knew the games was ours. Let it go about officiating already.