Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Ernie has yet to make a move I disagree with.

I am suddenly very very afraid.

I will pretty much never give EG a lot of credit cause this wasn't his plan. I give him some credit for getting things done after Ariza left, but he was ready to bring back the exact same team with no depth.

Anyway, Humphries is a much better pick up than Blair plus they still have another $3-4 million left on the trade exception to bring in more depth.

Stephen A. Smith: "My Sources Say KD TO DC 2016"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2014/07/15/stephen-a-smith-thinks-kevin-durant-could-end-up-with-the-wizards/

Like to hear this stuff, but at this point, its still just a reach....

That is not what he said whatsoever.  Funny that people whine about how sports journalists report and then misreport what they say secondhand.

Ive had my heart broken so many more times by the Skins than the Bullets. I hit rock bottom during the year of the Zornado and the case of the Swingin Gates. So i guess i have more hope in basketball than football until further notice. Though as a DC fan, i always expect the worst.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Wizards more than the Redskins next season

Am I alone in this?

I am close. I love the Wiz, but the Redskins, for better or worse are my first love. I will say that every year, I debate getting NBA League Pass so I can watch more Wizards games and I decide not to more often than not. But it is not even a question this year. Most of my weeknights will be spent with a few cold ones and the sweet sounds of Steve and Phil.

From one of my guys on Bulletsforever.....

1.) Kevin Durant: "John is like my brother." 
2.) John Wall on recruiting KD: "I know him very well... You throw your pitches here and there." 
3.)Kevin Durant on DeSean Jackson to Redskins: "come on home bro!" 
4.) Bradley Beal and KD on Team USA. Beal part of KD's Nike family. 
5.) KD and Wall represent DC during lockout and combine for 105 points. KD on Wall: ""Unbelievable. That guys is going to be an all-star in this league for years to come. It’s a joy to be on the court with him. As fierce a competitor as they come." 
6.)Wizards hire David Adkins, KD's high school coach. 
7.)Paul Pierce and Kris Humphries signed to 2 year deals. Nene's contract also done in 2016. Cap space for KD 
8.)Steven A. Smith: "there are folks that I’ve spoken to that are relatively close to Kevin Durant that tell me if he were to decide to leave Oklahoma City, it would be for the nation’s capital. " 
9.)Trevor Booker let go from Wizards. #35 currently available...

#KD2DC

• Like 1

Will the real Ernie Grunfeld please stand up. Seriously.

I'm worried that he'll do something to balance the good moves he's made. The more good he does the worse the blunder will be that reminds us all why he's the basketball devil.

I like the Humphries signing. I can't believe this is Ernie making these moves. 

But I do wonder who starts, Otto or Pierce? You could start Otto and let Pierce give you points off the bench, but the minimizes his minutes with Wall who can set him up for wide open threes and also makes our second unit REALLY OLD and REALLY SLOW. I think Paul has to start, but Otto needs to get a ton of minutes. Maybe even GRJ getting some minutes as well. I just don't want Pierce playing more than 20mpg. 

I like the Humphries signing. I can't believe this is Ernie making these moves. 

But I do wonder who starts, Otto or Pierce? You could start Otto and let Pierce give you points off the bench, but the minimizes his minutes with Wall who can set him up for wide open threes and also makes our second unit REALLY OLD and REALLY SLOW. I think Paul has to start, but Otto needs to get a ton of minutes. Maybe even GRJ getting some minutes as well. I just don't want Pierce playing more than 20mpg. 

I think Pierce could start, but Otto would ultimately play more minutes than him.

I would start Otto. The second unit needs a guy who can create his own shots more than the first unit. Though im not sure you can go wrong either way. Could just depend on the matchup? Im pretty sure at this point Otto could defend better than Pierce.

First Unit Ball Handlers: Wall + Nene + (possibly Beal?)

Second Unit Ball Handlers: Miller + Pierce