Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

We didn't take advantage when Detroit was launching bricks, now they're hitting shots to close out the game.

Detroit killed us on the boards, its the reason they could stay close while not shooting well for most of the game.

---------- Post added February-13th-2013 at 09:41 PM ----------

Games like tonight are why fans, and the announcers, need to chill on the playoff talk. Just be glad with the improved play.

kyrie irving sat out most of the season at duke and still was the #1 pick. it might not hurt his stock.

Big difference between a toe (Irving) and a knee (Noel). Maybe I'm tripping and forgetting someone but I doubt it's ever been said that "he's never been the same since he blew out his little piggy."

Plus that draft was probably weaker than this one. Remember that was the draft going into the lockout so most prospects went back to school. That's how we ended up with my boy Vesely 6th overall. I mean really: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_NBA_Draft

Arguably the worst draft of class ever. Irving only competition for the top spot was Derrick Williams and we've seen how that's turned out.

Anyway, listening on the radio as usual. This is hard to listen to. Glen Consor's obvious pain and frustration makes me want to curl up in a ball under my desk and cry.

Not sure I've ever heard such a swing in emotions from announcers. 20 mins ago they were so high. "You can see it in John's eyes!! He is NOT going to lose this game!!"

Now: "Ugh. I don't understand. I don't get it. John keeps passing up open shots."

And you all know how many games I listen to; because of work. This is the first time I can recall them openly question the coaching, questioning Wittman. Why Okafor was having such an outstanding game and why he wasn't on the floor in the 4th

I can't really comment on that. It's literally impossible to do such things just listening to the games. But I trust the announcers here, especially when it's so out of character.. They normally give Wittman a pass and explain his moves (mistakes) away. Not so tonight.. Actually looking forward to this post game.

---------- Post added February-13th-2013 at 11:08 PM ----------

Lol. So far from Condor om Okafor

I'm going to explore why because I don't understand. Maybe he was hurt

You know what this is some weak ****. I'm gonna go call in if anyone wants to listen

Getting outrebounded and Beal cooling down were probably the biggest reasons for the loss. Everyone's right though that Okafor should have gotten more minutes, fouls or not. It's too bad a good game of his was all for naught. Wall needs to be better with his jumper. Seraphin had a terrible game. Knew it couldn't last but still disappointed.

Alright, so I called. And called him on it. He started off right. "I'm going to look into it. I don't understand. There's no excuse for Okafor not getting burn in the 4th." Then, in the next breath, "but maybe Randy wanted to counteract the Pistons going small. That kind of makes sense. You can't really question it, that's backseat driving, blah blah blah."

So I called now and told him to call it how it is. Who gives a **** if the Pistons are going small? Okafor was having a monster game. He was our leading rebounder and they killed us on the boards, especially in the 4th. Unless Okafor is hurt, it's totally inexcusable for him not to play in the 4th. 10-15, 20 points, 9 boards in 25 mins. And then you don't play him because the ****ing Pistons go small? **** that.

Didn't use that language of course. But yeah, he quietly agreed with me. Said I was right. Said he's going to look into it.

Then we talked about Vesely a bit. Caller before me had said he thinks he could be like Chris Anderson, Birdman. I said he could be like AK47. He agreed, said he already said that (I missed it). Then I asked him why, instead of rotting on the bench here, they don't send him to the D League where he could at least get some burn. Asked him about Seraphin's contract, where it (supposedly) stipulated that couldn't be sent to the D League, if it was the same deal with Vesely. Said he didn't think so. Said he didn't think they would send him to the D League. But I pressed on the issue and said wouldn't make sense to send him though, and again, quietly agreed with me.

Anyway, I like Consor and you can tell it eats him up inside that he can't say what he really wants to say. That's kind of disturbing though. I mean do the Wizards have them on such lockdown that they can't speak their minds? Or are they just ****ing out and not calling it how it is on their own? If it's the former, I feel horrible for them. The latter, man the **** up.

EDIT: I haven't called into 106.7 in awhile but over the years I've called in many times (and even had an internship set up there YEARS ago but got ****ed over (please do the world a favor and kill yourself Chad Flukes) and it fell through). A few times about the Skins and the Nats, but mainly about the Wizards. And I swear, not once has anyone on here heard me. Always disappointing lol.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

Wittman sucks and the Wizards lack a half court primary scoring option. Games like this are going to haunt this team until something changes.

The wizards are their best when either Nene or Okafor are scoring well, that's the reason I've changed my mind on the stretch 4. They need interior "easy" scoring even if it of those little 10 foot shots. Hopefully Wall improves his scoring and Beal continues to grow offensively next season. If those two become more consistent the team could really take a leap forward.

LOL..what radio show did you call in to on 106.7?

Like Destino said, we need another scoring option. Not sure if they'll make any moves before the deadline, but if there is ANYONE out there that can be had (and would fit in to the long-term plans of the team), we need to explore some trade options.

Glen Consor's post game show. Sorry I wasn't clear.

Anyway, apparently UnWise Mike's lame ass (how's the radio show going Wise?) has a column out today where David Falk kills John Wall. They're talking about it on 980 right now

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/wizards/agent-david-falk-slams-john-wall-washington-wizards/2013/02/14/8916545c-7614-11e2-aa12-e6cf1d31106b_story.html

Its a bunch of bull****

Destroys Wall, yet loves Grunfeld.

Yeah it is. Falk's a fool. He's only been to four games this year? He shouldn't be popping off about something he doesn't know anything about. I like John's response. I hope he gets mad and comes back next season and tears the league a new *******.

I mean, I agree with him to an extent. I think Irving is the much better player and he'll have more success than Wall in the long run. Honestly, who would you rather build around? Wall or Irving? I'd take Irving but I still think Wall can be an all star in this league. I just think Irving can be a superstar.

I mean, I agree with him to an extent. I think Irving is the much better player and he'll have more success than Wall in the long run. Honestly, who would you rather build around? Wall or Irving? I'd take Irving but I still think Wall can be an all star in this league. I just think Irving can be a superstar.

Its odd to me how Irving only gets praise, but his team is still pretty bad. Wall gets destroyed because the Wizards suck, Kyrie doesn't get that same criticism.

Wall has obvious flaws, but people seem to just glass over the flaws in Kyrie's game.

Edited by StillUnknown

Its odd to me how Irving only gets praise, but his team is still pretty bad. Wall gets destroyed because the Wizards suck, Kyrie doesn't get that same criticism.

I fully get that but Irving is incredible. He just has, "it." I don't see it from Wall just yet. Irving is already really clutch and can take over games. I want to see more of that from Wall.

Wall has obvious flaws, but people seem to just glass over the flaws in Kyrie's game.

Because he scores a lot of points and was in some cool commercials. The shine will wear off on him eventually, just like it did with Blake Griffin and is doing so with Kevin Love.

I fully get that but Irving is incredible. He just has, "it." I don't see it from Wall just yet. Irving is already really clutch and can take over games. I want to see more of that from Wall.

I agree to an extent, and would still take Kyrie over Wall moving forward, but it seems to me they are judged on two different levels.

kyrie avg. the same TO's/ game. less assists and plays no D and wall has been hurt all season. Cleveland is a terrible team, yet Kryie is a smart player w/ feel and wall sucks? right. the only differnece is Kyrie can shoot. please.... not saying wall is going to be great. but his argument sucks.

A lot of truth there and he takes a major shot at Grunfeld despite saying he loves him.

“You want to know the reason why just nine teams have won an NBA title in 40 years? Because if both of them came out today, 99 percent of all general managers would still take John Wall instead of Kyrie Irving. They’d take the athlete over the ballplayer. And they’d be wrong.”

Tell me how that isn't a direct shot at the front office, and one many of us have been saying for some time now? I've constantly raged about this team drafting guys that have an incomplete game for years. They fall in love with combine skills as opposed to basketball skills.

I don't agree with him that Wall is horrible but I do think he's a better athlete than player and certainly not a star point guard. If he played in San Antonio however I think that within a rigid system he could be a killer. Something designed not to highlight a player but the strengths of the team and the system itself. This agent went too far on Wall, way too far.

His comments on Nene confuse me. What does he mean by "before Wall becomes Nene"? He later says Nene doesnt want to be here. Has he watched the Wizards? Nene, if anything, is better than expected and if he can stay reasonably healthy his contract might be a good deal. Bigs all get paid, even Humphries makes 10 million +.

I think Beal, Wall, and Nene can succeed nearly anywhere. Wall wouldn't fit in a triangle offense or with a point forward, but those are rare in the NBA. With a better coach, a real good coach, this current roster could do way better than this. I think they could be a 4 - 6 place team in two years.