Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Wall is having a terrible game. He has more turnovers than the raptors team (5 to 4). The Raptors have absolutely stopped him so far tonight. They're daring him to shoot and jumping the passing lanes when he drives into traffic,

Nene isn't winning his battles either.

Edited by Destino

Where was this defense earlier from Wall?

Inconsistency is, and has been, his problem on defense. This is why I label him a lousy defender because he's in year three and until he shows consistent effort I have absolutely no reason to ever think he will be consistent. I have questions about how badly he actually wants to improve as a player, every year is the same story with him. He makes minor improvements when he should be making, like many young players, much larger advances in several categories.

Inconsistency is, and has been, his problem on defense. This is why I label him a lousy defender because he's in year three and until he shows consistent effort I have absolutely no reason to ever think he will be consistent. I have questions about how badly he actually wants to improve as a player, every year is the same story with him. He makes minor improvements when he should be making, like many young players, much larger advances in several categories.

To be fair, I'm not sure how much work he could have done to improve this offseason given the rehab and injury. He could have done a lot of study, but as far as training, practice, and whatnot to improve on his deficiencies it's hard to do that if you can't run.

(Note: Not sure when he first got injured, but he seemed to have a very long recovery)

Wall had the worst game I've ever seen him play. Things like that happen. Let's see how he bounces back. SO much overreaction from this fanbase (especially on BF) to his performance from last night. Yes, we know it was bad...but he's been nothing short of amazing as far as gauging his effect on the squad since he returned from injury.

*Wale has to be one of the lamest dudes in the music industry. Dude is WAY too sensitive. SMH.