Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

That is one thing I don't understand.

Ted keeps talking about the Wizards are in rebuild mode and whatnot, but why do we still have the same GM around that got us in the mess in the first place. As an owner, I feel that if you go into rebuild mode, you need to purge the whole staff. Say what you want about Snyder, he finally realized that and the results are looking to be fine.

Blow the whole thing up and start over.

I like Ted and I think his plan in theory is solid. The problem is the young players we have decided to go with are, for the most part, terrible. They may have some talent sure but there are too many knuckleheads in the group. When you throw out nothing but a bunch of kids you have a much better chance of being the Clippers the last 20 years then you are of being the Thunder.

This team needs to consolidate some of it's youth and make trades like the Celtics did to get Allen and Pierce or the Clippers did to get Paul.

MKG has already said he's going back.

as long as we can come out of the draft with either The Unibrow or T.Robinson, I'm good.

I hope he changes his mind. If not, it's already starting. If he goes back doesn't it seem likely Davis would too? Those are the two best players in the class. I can see a lot of these guys going back leaving a depleted class just like last year, we'll get screwed by the lottery again picking just out of reach of Robinson, and come draft day we'll be talking ourselves into losers like Perry Jones or Andre Drummond because of their measurables and holding our noses over the fact that their teams always massively underachieved.

If all of the top guys stay in school and we end up picking fifth or later again, I'd probably be open to trading the pick for a veteran. At that point, the pick would pretty much be worthless to us.

---------- Post added March-2nd-2012 at 10:48 AM ----------

I like Ted and I think his plan in theory is solid. The problem is the young players we have decided to go with are, for the most part, terrible. They may have some talent sure but there are too many knuckleheads in the group. When you throw out nothing but a bunch of kids you have a much better chance of being the Clippers the last 20 years then you are of being the Thunder.

This team needs to consolidate some of it's youth and make trades like the Celtics did to get Allen and Pierce or the Clippers did to get Paul.

Ted's players are fine. Booker, Wall, Vesely, Singleton, Seraphin, Mack aren't knuckleheads and they actually seem form the core of a decent team once they transition from prospects to veterans. Crawford too, forgot about him.

The knucklheads are the guys taken before Ted got here: Blatche, McGee, Young. We rely on them because we're young and have no other serious options at their positions, and in Blatche's case, we've got a long term salary commitment.

We have to put a competitive team on the floor in the meantime during the years we will have to wait for our young core to mature which has necessitated the use of knuckleheads. Who else can we get that's better? That's what it always comes down to in the end. You can only addition by subtraction so much.

Man I wish our team had the free agent appeal that the Lakers and Knicks have. Think of how much easier it would be to move on.

I hope he changes his mind. If not, it's already starting. If he goes back doesn't it seem likely Davis would too? Those are the two best players in the class. I can see a lot of these guys going back leaving a depleted class just like last year, we'll get screwed by the lottery again picking just out of reach of Robinson, and come draft day we'll be talking ourselves into losers like Perry Jones or Andre Drummond because of their measurables and holding our noses over the fact that their teams always massively underachieved.

If all of the top guys stay in school and we end up picking fifth or later again, I'd probably be open to trading the pick for a veteran. At that point, the pick would pretty much be worthless to us.

I think most went back last year because they knew the lockout was coming. MKG by most accounts is different kind of kid in his makeup, all in a positive way, but different than most just the same. Davis is building consensus as the #1 overall pick, I just don't see him going back.

I don't see a mass exodus of top prospects going back like last year.

I think most went back last year because they knew the lockout was coming. MKG by most accounts is different kind of kid in his makeup, all in a positive way, but different than most just the same. Davis is building consensus as the #1 overall pick, I just don't see him going back.

I don't see a mass exodus of top prospects going back like last year.

Calipari said he was gonna make him leave basically because its in his best interest.

The first 50 were linked in the link GACOLB posted above.

It's here.

http://basketballvalue.com/topplayers.php?year=2011-2012&mode=summary&sortnumber=21&sortorder=ASC

Yeah I saw that I was hoping for a better list like hoopdata has where you can sift through different positions and eliminate guys that have missed too much playing time. Bummer. Surprising to see Afflalo as the worst and a lot of big names in the bottom 50.

Edited by Destino

Barnes is not a streaky shooter. He is straight up lethal.

Yeah he is more on the pure side and he can finish at the rim while running with Wall, unlike people on this team. Save Vesely occasionally like tonight.

Edited by SuperBash

I just turned the game on (been watching the Carolina/Duke game...or should I say lack there of) I see 7 day dray is back...how did he look in limited action? Same old lazy ass? Or did he actually do well?
Played fine. Missed a few close shots but had some nice passes. He's pretty solid at C when he plays within the offense.

Played fine. Missed a few close shots but had some nice passes. He's pretty solid at C when he plays within the offense.

I'm hoping he plays out of his mind so we can trade him for someone's trade exception. LA has a trade exception that would work....I'll trade them Blatche and my second round pick for the exception just to dump his salary. Then we can amnesty Rashard and have about 45 million in cap room this offseason to overpay Gordon/Batum/Anderson!

Blatche took all of Seraphins minutes and most of Bookers. Surprisingly has only 2 shot attempts and 4 assists.

Wall needs to stop his horrible decision making. He's as likely to drive blindly into back peddling players on a one man break as do anything good. Other teams have figured out and just give ground and let him miss. When he doesn't have the ball he really like to stand at the top of the arc and watch. I blame that last thing on the dreadful offense.

Edited by Destino