Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Orlando plays like a really good shooting college team with the dominant big who can rebound everything. They live and die by the three. They've got a shooter's chance to beat anybody. If they could somehow get Steve Nash without giving up too many of their shooters, that team would be legitimately dangerous.

agree 100%...not a good strategy in the pros (to live and die by the three) but yeah, you are right...Orlando with Nash would be scary.

Total flop by Nelson. His feet weren't set at all.

---------- Post added February-29th-2012 at 09:26 PM ----------

Effort is there, we just don't have the roster to really compete.

I don't think that's necessarily the case. We made Dwight super uncomfortable for the second time this year, and we beat them up physically. They just kept making threes. It's hard to beat a team that shoots 15-36 from three point land.

Total flop by Nelson. His feet weren't set at all.

---------- Post added February-29th-2012 at 09:26 PM ----------

I don't think that's necessarily the case. We made Dwight super uncomfortable for the second time this year, and we beat them up physically. They just kept making threes. It's hard to beat a team that shoots 15-36 from three point land.

The bull**** jump into the defender crap killed any chance. I wish they'd kill that stupid junk. If the guy is gonna jump into the defender don't call it.

McGee is the biggest waste of physical talent. The guy has everything athletically but has a 2 cent brain and no heart. I'm not gonna completely give up on him but I would in a heartbeat for a good young starting 2,3 or 4.

Can anybody put the video up around the 8 min mark of the 4th quarter of McGee on defense. You can immediately see Randy throw his hands up the same time I did and jerked him outta of the game. The worst part is my 9 year old son just finished his 2nd season of parks and rec basketball looks at me and says that guy did'nt even try, I just chuckled.

Seriously I hope somebody can put up the video. Just terrible all around effort and had no clue how to defend it and turned his back on the play to try to go block it.

Atleast Seraphin can hold his ground in the post and stops the ball while trying to defend pick&rolls and trys hard.

Samuels the standard you are applying is absurd. Do you now how many defensive mistakes happen per game? When Lin crossed Wall up and everyone else got out of the way who got benched? When Seraphin fails to come out at a driving player and instead hugs his assignment allowing the drive does he get benched? We watch another game where it's bombs away from the perimeter and people want to talk about McGee.

Whittman is a jackass. This teams offense is as likely to be hero ball as any movement. On defense he screams about McGee while we get torched by shooters getting wide open looks.

Edited by Destino

Samuels the standard you are applying is absurd. Do you now how many defensive mistakes happen per game? When Lin crossed Wall up and everyone else got out of the way who got benched? When Serphin fails to come out at a driving player and instead hugs his assignment allowing the drive does he get benched? We watch another game where it's bombs away from the perimeter and people want to talk about McGee.

Whittman is a jackass.

It's not no standard. I'm a straight shooter and speak the truth. I love McGee's athletism,size and I hope the light switch turns on. But there is a reason he is getting benched and its justified.

His last play of this game shows you exactly why its absolutely horrible effort and don't have a clue how to defend it. If a guy gets beat but hustled and defended the pick&roll properly I have no problem with it.

But game after game McGee is clueless on how to defend the pick&roll and gives lackluster effort.

McGee is all flash but no substance.

Samuel I agree that he struggled with the pick and roll. Here is a fun question, who on the team doesn't? One guy is getting benched by grunfelds latest mistake... And I get that every coach needs a guy to make an example. Problem is I see the team not moving on offense. I see a perimeter defense that three chairs would compare favorably to. I see teams make huge runs while Whitman has his hands in his pockets. No centers on the floor in half court sets with the game on the line? ****ing brilliant.

Whitman has poured all his energy into motivating the team by being a hard ass. I would applaud it if it wasn't also obvious that he is out of his depth. He's getting energy and he's got know idea what to do with it.

Edited by Destino