Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I'd welcome him back on a good deal because of his production. There is no doubt that he would help us win games. But, I think he is going to try and chase a ring somewhere, which he deserves.

He'll either go play down in Miami with his boy Le**** or go home to Carolina and play for the ****ty ass bobcats.

Who the hell is that guy pretending to be Andray Blatche? Only three shots in 20 minutes but manages 9 boards and 5 assists?
He's always been a great passer for a big man. Due to being out of shape playing him at C and keeping him near the basket, limiting his touches at 15+ definitely helps. That said the Cavs have a small front court which also helped.

Good to see them close the game out. Glad I had the good sense to pick up Crawford in my fantasy league given the fact that Young is injured.

Booker didn't box out on the free throw and gave up a bad foul there (and fouls out). Tough finish but I still thought his energy was big tonight.

Booker has a lot to learn and I need to keep reminding myself that he's still a young player with minimal experience.

That said, I think you can tell from his body language that he gets it. He knows when he's made a mistake and what he did wrong. He seems like the type that won't repeat them. I think in two or three years he's going to be a really, really good player.

That long jumper he sunk in the final minutes was also a huge shot and was really encouraging for his future at PF. He's got really good touch around the rim, is strong and can create room underneath the basket, and understands positioning. If he's got a solid mid range jumper in his tool box too then he's a valuable offensive player.

And defense and rebounding is his wheelhouse.

He's fast, smart, and strong. The only area he really lacks is length. If he was a seven footer then he'd have been a top draft pick. Having Booker emerge gives me a comfort level that I didn't have before because we at least have one solid big under contract for next season who can start.

Let's say we finish in position to get Thomas Robinson or Anthony Davis--what do we do with Booker? Booker deserves to start at this point, and we owe it to ourselves to see how good he can be.

Robinson is a pure PF and has no other NBA position. Probably true for Sullinger too because of his height. Playing him at Center means he's going to have problems getting his shot off.

Davis might be able to play center with about twenty or thirty more pounds of bulk, but even after adding that kind of weight, he'll still be skinny.

Are we going to have to talk ourselves into Drummond? He's definitely a center in the NBA, but he's just so sketchy. He's got a sleepy game and I don't know about his competitiveness and motor. Is he Kwame Brown?

Also, what's our plan at SF? I don't think you can start Booker and Seraphin/Vesely at SF unless you've got immensely good scorers at the 2 and 5. We might be looking at a situation where both Vesely and Singleton need to come off the bench.

We should probably trade one of them. If we could get a lotto pick from Crawford and Singleton, I would probably take the deal.

---------- Post added March-3rd-2012 at 09:54 PM ----------

What am I talking about, if we're lucky enough to draft Robinson or Davis, sorry Booker, but you're going to have to come off the bench.

Crawford isn't going anywhere unless he's demanded as part of a significant trade. The wizards as an organization would most likely want to keep him because he's cheap and can score. That's isnt to say he's great or good but that is needed on NBA rosters.

25 & 14 for Thomas Robinson

Him or The Unibrow, by any means necessary.

Davis, Robinson, or Sullinger would be fine by me. Still a lot of holes to fill though.

Wall / Mack

???? / Crawford

???? / Vesely

Thomas / Booker

???? / ????

The fact Seraphin sees the floor much only when Turiaf and Blatche are both out is telling. I think Blatche, Turiaf, and McGee are gone. Vesely is fun but as amazing as this is to say McGee has a better midrange shot. Much better. That isn't a starting SF and Singleton asnt impressed despite being force fed minutes lately.

But hey Wall and Thomas beats what we got now and you have to start somewhere. It won't all be FA either as I'm sure someone will trade for Lewis. Though he'll bring a contract someone wants to be rid of.

Edited by Destino

You wanted too keep Nick Young but you would like too trade Crawford? He's so young he has Nick Young's offense and he assist and rebounds.0

No I'd much rather keep Crawford than NY, that's been the case for me going back to the end of last season when Crawford and Wall showed real chemistry while NY was hurt.

But NY lacks trade value. Crawford might have it at this point. He's not a star and he's got flaws that would make me OK with finding a replacement for him. I'd swap him for a nice off the ball pure SG with outstanding rebounding skills straight up (Bradley Beal) if I could.

Crawford demands the ball and his shot selection is really bad even when he's making his shots and feeling it. He pulls up and shoots a three with a hand in his face four or five feet behind the line like it's nothing. That will come back to haunt us in the end. And his decision making problems extend to his passing right now. He'll make a couple of just awful passes that lead to turnovers in the fourth like he did the past two games. That's not good when we've already got Wall turning the ball over more than he should. His first step is also very average suggesting his upside is a bit limited for such a streaky spot up shooter because he's not going to be able to efficiently create his way out of slumps like Wall can.

His skills are diverse enough to make him valuable, but I wouldn't hesitate to package him with another role player for a legit upgrade at the SG position. With a late top ten/early teens pick, I think we might be able to get Brad Beal. I would take Beal over Crawford any day of the week.

---------- Post added March-4th-2012 at 02:27 AM ----------

25 & 14 for Thomas Robinson

Him or The Unibrow, by any means necessary.

Robinson is amazing. Terrific athlete. He strikes me as better than Derrick Williams. Faster, stronger, better athlete, better physique, more explosive, better defender and rebounder. His offensive polish and skill set isn't as good as DW's--he's not as good a mid and long range shooter.

But that's why he's a pure PF and DW was a tweener.

I don't think Robinson is as special as Unibrow. To me Davis is the Kevin Durant of defense and rebounding. Skinny and undersized but a true blue phenom and born winner. Those hands, speed, and coordination were never meant to come on a 6'10 and growing frame.

But I think Robinson's strength is an early asset over Davis and he gives you more on the offensive end day one. Davis is still very much a work in progress offensively, and physically.

If we could get one of these guys with our lottery pick that would be just amazing. If we could package some of our young role players into another lotto pick to get a perimeter player like Brad Beal that would be the icing on the cake. A truly spectacular draft that could launch us forward into contention.

PG: Wall

SG: Beal

SF: Vesely

PF: Davis/Robinson

C: McGee

with Booker, Seraphin, Mack, and maybe Crawford coming off the bench. That's actually a legit team.

Folks still cool with passing up Kenneth Faried?

---------- Post added March-4th-2012 at 11:16 PM ----------

I had fools telling me I was crazy wanting Faried at 18 ... man.

I'm just grinning to myself.

If we didn't have Booker, Faried would have made sense. The two of them on the roster would have been redundant.

Folks still cool with passing up Kenneth Faried?

---------- Post added March-4th-2012 at 11:16 PM ----------

I had fools telling me I was crazy wanting Faried at 18 ... man.

I'm just grinning to myself.

I really wanted this guy. But I also think Singleton is going to develop into a really good perimeter defender, so I'm glad we have him.

free lower to tonight's game ....first person to PM me their email address...I'll email pdf tickets

---------- Post added March-5th-2012 at 04:33 PM ----------

Bust

LOL over/under 197....how many times GACOLB references Bust to anything John Wall in the next 2 years.

LOL over/under 197....how many times GACOLB references Bust to anything John Wall in the next 2 years.

I'm sorry, I understand how I was getting annoying about Javale and I really am chilling on that, but I'll NEVER be able to get over the Wall=bust talk. I still have those posters on ignore. Absolutely nothing they say that I can take serious after that.

One of my friend's is hooking me up with ticket tonight, first time I'll get to see Wall live.

The couple of times I was in the area last season, he was out with injuries.

damn...shame I'm not going to the game....would have loved to meet up with you before the game....you are one of the ES members I respect most when it comes to sports...you know your **** about them all....boxing, basketball, football etc....

---------- Post added March-5th-2012 at 04:37 PM ----------

I'm sorry, I understand how I was getting annoying about Javale and I really am chilling on that, but I'll NEVER be able to get over the Wall=bust talk. I still have those posters on ignore. Absolutely nothing they say that I can take serious after that.

this isn't a dig at you dude....I love it!

---------- Post added March-5th-2012 at 04:53 PM ----------

tickets are gone...I'll post if I get more games in the future

Kevin Hine

‏ @KevinHineWoA

One player in the entire NBA averages 17 points, 7 assists, and 5 rebounds per game. That one player -- John Wall. #Wizards

what a made up stat lol. i bet you if you change the criteria only a little to say 16 8 and 5 it would be more lol

I enjoy this actually. Call me vindictive but I was on your side in the Wall debate and I like seeing you rub egg in the faces of his now quiet detractors. I don't even remember who it was specifically, but I remember the knee jerk sentiment being big, even around here, but particularly in the national conversation.

That said, LeBron is averaging 27.8, 8.4, and 6.8 so making the cutoff point at seven assists seems a little self serving for Wizards fans.

But the larger point hinted at is a good one. John has quietly become one of the best rebounding point guards in the NBA. That alone is extremely encouraging to me. Not only does it speak to his length and athleticism, but it demonstrates heart, hustle, and IQ IMO, things that will dribble over into the other parts of his game as he continues to gain skill and experience.

---------- Post added March-5th-2012 at 05:25 PM ----------

I really wanted this guy. But I also think Singleton is going to develop into a really good perimeter defender, so I'm glad we have him.

I'm in the same boat. I liked both of them.

Given the choice though, I probably still take Singleton over Faried today even with early season hindsight. Singleton's speed is so rare and he's long for his position. Faried has looked better early, but he's undersized and has less upside.