Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

We just resigned Blatche just last year maybe you need to get over it, because Blatche is here like it or not. As a matter of fact since you hate him so much don't even bother watching the Wizards and waste your time. Hes cheap, Young, and have potential hes very immature but hey when you want to go youth movement you are going to have them. Blatche is on a very short leash we drafted some young guns that may be able to take his spot in the future so he will have to come in shape, and if he can give us those 20 rebounds and get nasty in the paint like he was the last 2 months of the season then SWEET!

He got another one.

This news is probabaly a little old but from The Sports Guy's NBA Draft Diary.

Hey Wizards — don't think I haven't noticed that you're slowly transforming yourselves into a young, high-flying, high-energy team with cool caps and jerseys.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/6698842/view/full/welcome-draft-diary-xv

Yeah, because I want the Wizards to be know for their cool caps and jerseys. Did Abe Pollin write this article from the grave? I'd rather they be know for a collection of O'Brien trophies.

Why are you so negative?

This team is headed in the right direction and all you can do is bring up Abe Pollin.

---------- Post added June-30th-2011 at 01:23 PM ----------

He got another one.

:ols:

SickSoulja might be Dray's mom, who I'm pretty sure does actually post on another forum.

Cavaliers Send Hickson To Kings For Casspi, Future First Round Pick

The Cleveland Cavaliers have acquired guard/forward Omri Casspi and Sacramento’s first round pick (protected) in the 2012 NBA Draft from the Sacramento Kings in exchange for forward/center J.J. Hickson, Cavaliers General Manager Chris Grant announced today.

The first round pick acquired from Sacramento is lottery-protected in 2012 (1-14). The pick is then protected in 2013 (1-13), 2014 (1-12) and 2015-2017 (1-10). If the pick is not conveyed by 2017, then Sacramento will convey its own 2017 second round draft pick to the Cavaliers protected (56-60).

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/214488/Cavaliers_Send_Hickson_To_Kings_For_Casspi_Future_First_Round_Pick

Nobody here rides Young's jock to the extent that you ride Blatche's.

LOL child please I have never saw so many Nick Young suck ups in my life. I admit Blatches faults the guy is semi-retarded at times and lazy, however the talent is there. All Nick Young does is shoot, shoot and then shoot more, hes lazy also if hes not shooting hes not doing nothing hes worthless. This "great defense" he seems to have is godly.

Blame Blatche for always shooting outside even though hes slower than a ice wagon. Nick Young physical attributes are amazing, Great first step, Explosion is great, Big!! and is a decent foul shooter you think for once he would go to the basket HELL NO. Standing at a strong 6'6 6'7 I don't think I have ever seen him block a shot or Grab 5 rebounds or get 2 steals or get 4 assist anyone of those in a game and if he did it was a fluke.

Ugh lets please not bring that stuff into this thread please.

Disagree with the posters comments, but don't personalize this.

has nothing to do with the comment...was simply a joke....calm down

you know, since my relocation to San Diego, I've realized how uptight people in the DC area are!

Woah. That's an interesting trade. I think it's a bad one for Sacramento, but interesting nonethless.

Sacramento has too many power forwards now IMO. I guess they can let Dalembert walk and play Cousins at C but Cousins has been unreliable for them. I bet they try and keep Dalembert just in case and use Cousins as his backup. Jason Thompson figures in there somewhere as well.

Then you're using Cousins and Hickson in a rotation at PF which isn't ideal. Both players need lots of minutes and Cousins doesn't seem like the type to be happy with a 6th man role.

I wonder if they'll want to deal Cousins? Trading for Hickson definit ely feels like hedging their roster to make Cousins expendable. Hickson, Dalembert, and Jason Thompson probably give you what you need in your front court, if Cousins is too much of a headache, then you're free to move him.

A couple things: moving Omri Casspi means they're serious about moving Tyreke Evans to SF IMO. Behind him you've got Tyler Honeycutt and Francisco Garcia, which isn't bad at all. But now they've got a big void at PG. Really they've always had a void there. Evans can play point forward, but it'd be best for them to get a full time PG who handles it regularly.

I'd explore trading for Cousins. I'd consider trading Jordan Crawford to them for Cousins as he could go and play PG for them. That's not my first choice though. Ideally we'd be able to move Blatche as part of any deal for Cousins. I doubt Sacramento would want to deal Cousins for Blatche straight up since you've still got a redundancy at PF and Blatche doesn't really have the game to play center.

Would you all swap Jordan Crawford for Cousins straight up? Would Sacramento take this deal?

If not, would you all swap Crawford and Blatche for Cousins plus some sort of protected future pick (or maybe Honeycutt :) thrown in)?

Would you all swap JaVale for Cousins straight up? I'd very strongly consider it.

I'd try and get a three team swap going that sends Blatche and maybe Javale to someone with a PG to spare and Cousins plus something else to us.

I want to get Cousins but he's a super high risk/super high reward move. If it works out alright then we've easily got a top 5 center down the line. If it fails miserably then we've got another Andray Blatche.

A couple of things that give me optimism about him though.

1.) He was very good as a rookie despite his issues in Sacramento.

2.) He's best friends with John Wall and loves playing with him and behaves himself when they're together.

3.) John Wall turns Cousins into an unstoppable force in the paint.

Look at the way Cousins played this year---PF finesse game, doing his best Blatche impression. Totally different from the guy he was at Kentucky. He was basically a baby Shaq in college.

This is what I'd prefer in a big time deal for Cousins:

1.) Move JaVale, our primary bargaining chip that will get teams to bite--clears up room at the 5 for Cousins.

2.) Move Blatche, gets us a little something extra in return and gets rid of our problem child. Let's us have a more wholesome environment for Cousins to walk into (and hopefully increases his chances of behaving).

Keep Crawford and the 2012 first and hope we got something good from the deal in addition to Cousins. I'm thinking a 2012 first or unprotected future of some sort. This becomes an important piece of any package to move up for the guy we want in 2012.

Here's the core:

PG: Wall, Crawford, Mack

SG: Young, Crawford, Mack

SF: Singleton, Booker

PF: Vesely, Booker

C: Cousins, Seraphin

That's still not complete IMO because we need a starting 3.

Say we want to move into the top 3 in 2012 to get a really great SF prospect like Barnes, Gilchrist, Davis, or Miller. I think we could do it with the combination of our 2012 first, the hypothetical future pick we got in the Cousins deal, and Rashard Lewis's massive expiring contract. I bet we could move up to first overall if our draft picks were high enough.

So imagine this roster:

PG: Wall, Mack

SG: Young, Crawford

SF: Barnes/Miller/Gilchrist/Davis, Singleton, Booker

PF: Vesely, Booker, Singleton, Seraphin

C: Cousins, Seraphin, X

That's a really freaking good team. Three blue chip talents (Wall, the SF, Cousins), two well above average starters (Young & Vesely), a sixth man of the year type (Crawford), and three potential defensive studs (Booker, Singleton, Seraphin).

has nothing to do with the comment...was simply a joke....calm down

you know, since my relocation to San Diego, I've realized how uptight people in the DC area are!

I didn't find the "joke" funny. I bet you no one really did.

Edited by No Excuses

The Joke failed wasn't funny. I am Black ( Why was that even mentioned? ) I am not gay "where did that come from"

the use of the phrase "child please" lighten up man...wasn't meant to offend. If Chris Rock would have said it...no one would have a problem with it

I'd like to have Wall and Cousins teaming up again.

Damn lockout :slap:

Cousins is really good. Is he good enough to swing a risky deal for? That's an impossible question.

His coaches probably dislike him. They're also not happy about the Jimmer pick either reportedly (I don't blame them).

Trading for Hickson can only mean they're a bit worried about Cousins. Trading Casspi does open up the 3 full time to Tyreke Evans. I guess they're seriously planning on starting Jimmer at PG next season. This roster construction doesn't make sense to me.

Cousins is a 20 year old Blatche right now. Wildly inconsistent effort from night to night. Settling for 3 or 4 20 foot jumpers a night, early in the shot clock whether he's open or not. Settling for his finesse moves in the post, taking the ball in the high post and trying fadeaways rather than just throwing his weight around on the block.

But Cousins's potential is so much better than Blatche's. He's a true center with elite size, coordination, and strength. Sacramento is a poor situation for him and DC would certainly be a much better one. He'd get to play with an elite PG instead of a crap one and so his offensive efficiency would massively improve. He'd be able to get the ball in his spots. The ownership and management here is strong. The internal leadership on the roster is strong. He'd have a chance to be a key partner in building a true contender and you have to think all of this would help motivate him to play like he did at Kentucky.

His personality scares me. I wonder what Sacramento would be willing to accept in return for him? If he's not super expensive, I think you've got to seriously consider trading for him. How often do you get a shot at a guy who legitimately has the potential to become the second or third best center in the league in a few years? The potential reward is huge and could put us 'on the doorstep of contention. We'd probably have the best inside--out combo in the league in three years if we got him. Or we could burn a valuable asset to get another Blatche...

I think I'd do a JaVale for Cousins swap. JaVale will be a better defender than Cousins will be and, amazingly, he's more mature and level headed. Cousins necessitates having a good backup C too because he fouls so much. But Cousins is so much better of a scorer and rebounder and has legit 22-25 PPG and 10-12 RPG potential as a Center. And despite his relatively low minutes and his offensive inefficiency, his per minute numbers as a rookie are amazing. Maybe a lot of JaVale's ability to defend the rim gets replaced by Vesely in a few years. If he adds strength, he's pretty much an ideal front court partner with Cousins--long, explosive, great shot contester, fast, can play the ball while Cousins keeps his arms up in the lane and cherry picks rebounds.

If you trade JaVale for Cousins, step two is getting rid of Blatche for whatever you can get at that point. Two front court players with the kind of usage rate each command is untenable. I'd be holding out hope for draft picks.

I think Wall can control Cousins. They played great together at Kentucky and Cousins was raving about how much fun it was to play with Wall at the Rookie-Sophomore game. I wouldn't trade McGee for Cousins though. They averaged the same amount of rebounds and while Cousins did average four more points, he only shot a meager 43% from the field which is abysmal for a C. McGee is also a better shot blocker.