Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I love fans who come out of the woodwork for high profile games and just kill the team every which way.

Anyway, I underestimated what Josh Howard would bring to the team. I also kind of feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders with Gil leaving. I guess because things are what they are, it's kind of exciting to see something new. Optimism.

And Hinrich is a backup PG. Who was just made to play all 48 minutes. Not sure how you can kill him. He is who he is.

I really have no interest in the Wiz whatsoever I just happened to be channel surfing and happened to see that last 7 minutes or so of that "performance" and just reminded me of past Wiz teams, the utter incompetence, and I just posted some observs. That Lebron steal was just putrid.

Edited by aREDSKIN

Well I'm glad to get your take on the state of the franchise after 7 minutes. It's good to get an outsiders POV from time to time.

Not a state of the franchise assessment but a statement on those 7 mins. But it appears they are not far apart. At 6-19 they are what they are. Apparently for much longer than 7 mins too.

Edited by aREDSKIN

Let's have some real talk. Clinton Portis style.

Washington is a culture of losing. Caps, Redskins, Wiz. Nothing but losing.

From the coach of the Wiz, to the players. They know how to lose. Something had to be done. You had to break that culture of "guaranteed win" for opponents. You took a big step today to change that culture, and to bring in a winner.

And a little reality for Wiz fans. It's understandable that you love your players more than the rest of the league. Every fan of every team does. But just for a reality check--Nelson is starting over Arenas.

Your former franchise player just got traded to start riding the bench with a winning organization.

It's a long climb back. But get rid of the coach, and make a few good moves, and you can come back.

From the coach of the Wiz, to the players. They know how to lose. Something had to be done. You had to break that culture of "guaranteed win" for opponents. You took a big step today to change that culture, and to bring in a winner.

And a little reality for Wiz fans. It's understandable that you love your players more than the rest of the league. Every fan of every team does. But just for a reality check--Nelson is starting over Arenas.

Your former franchise player just got traded to start riding the bench with a winning organization.

It's a long climb back. But get rid of the coach, and make a few good moves, and you can come back.

McD, I can guarantee you that Gilbert will either be starting over Nelson or starting with Nelson by the time playoffs roll around.

Real talk bro.

Do you really mean the nonsense you put into 90% of your posts?

The Capitals are a winning team. An 8 game losing streak doesn't change a sample size of 3 and a half seasons.

Rashard, a winner? All that playoff success in Seatttle huh...I don't see any rings on this man.

This question is for you McD5: At thier peak who was the better player...Lewis or Arenas?

I would say Arenas. But this isn't 4 years ago. I prefer to look at the present, and the future.

You just traded Arenas to one of only a few GMs in the entire league that values him.

You traded a guy with injury problems, who will now be on the bench much of the time for a good team, for a great player that never gets injured.

It was a good move. And that isn't even taking the financial aspects into account.

This is a big day for the Wiz.

Edited by McD5

I would say Arenas. But this isn't 4 years ago. I prefer to look at the present, and the future.

You just traded Arenas to one of only a few GMs in the entire league that had any interest at all.

You traded a guy with injury problems, who will now be on the bench much of the time for a good team, for a great player that never gets injured.

It was a good move. And that isn't even taking the financial aspects into account.

This is a big day for the Wiz.

Who is this "great" player?

Do you really mean the nonsense you put into 90% of your posts?

The Capitals are a winning team. An 8 game losing streak doesn't change a sample size of 3 and a half seasons.

Rashard, a winner? All that playoff success in Seatttle huh...I don't see any rings on this man.

I've been a Caps fan for 30 years. They haven't won anything.

---------- Post added December-19th-2010 at 12:34 AM ----------

McD, I can guarantee you that Gilbert will either be starting over Nelson or starting with Nelson by the time playoffs roll around.

Real talk bro.

He's not starting.

He'll see some minutes at the 2 spot, but SVG already balked at the possibility of him starting over Jameer.

I've been a Caps fan for 30 years. They haven't won anything.

I'll take your saying and talk about "the now and present." They are a winning organization. Everyone complains they (the current squad) haven't won a Cup yet but it doesn't happen overnight. 90's Red Wings took a while to win. They also choked in 96 when they had a 60 win season that made ours last year look average.

He's not starting.

He'll see some minutes at the 2 spot, but SVG already balked at the possibility of him starting over Jameer.

SVG is the master of panic McD. You know that too. Once he sees how much superior Gilbert is to Nelson, he'll start Gilbert. SVG owes nothing to Nelson but you know when his job is on the line, he'll put his best perimeter scorer in the starting lineup: Gilbert Arenas. :)

No worries, I'll be rooting for your boys all year. Take down Miami.

SVG is the master of panic McD. You know that too. Once he sees how much superior Gilbert is to Nelson, he'll start Gilbert. SVG owes nothing to Nelson but you know when his job is on the line, he'll put his best perimeter scorer in the starting lineup: Gilbert Arenas. :)

No worries, I'll be rooting for your boys all year. Take down Miami.

And the Wiz may now be my second favorite team. Not sure yet. Wiz or Suns. Both came out well today. Pietrus was made for Phoenix. And now they have a starting center.

You are going to like Rashard. And as much as many of you are going to miss Arenas, Orlando is in some despair tonight over Rashard.

Edit: I believe the Magic lost the big prize tonight--Carmelo. I do expect some incredible games in the playoffs, but I'm not seeing a title with this roster.

Edited by McD5