Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

This is an excellent trade. Picked up a first, cut salary and Morris and Gallinari will be deadline trade candidates. They are already solidly under the cap which means they will be able to take on bad contracts for picks this off-season. 

Wait! No Amir Coffey?

I do wonder where the hold up was. Did the Celtics not want to give up picks like the #35? Does LAC feel like they have other options to dump Morris and will wind up with Paul and not need Brogdon?

Edited by Ball Security

30 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Wait! No Amir Coffey?

I do wonder where the hold up was. Did the Celtics not want to give up picks like the #35? Does LAC feel like they have other options to dump Morris and will wind up with Paul and not need Brogdon?

Apparently Clippers did not like Brogdon's medical report.

3 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Uhh, are any of those picks coming Washington’s way?

Nope.

We are getting destroyed in these trades.

I mean if you're going to tear it all down you better get some actual assets to rebuild.

As it stands now, we're just giving assets away.

Edit: I see now we're receiving a 2nd rounder. Not nearly enough.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Yall really mad we didn't get a first for Unicorn?

Smh...

Yo, he coulda opt-out and walked away with us getting nothing, like Kuz.

Not current regime's fault both Kuz and Unicorn had player options in same offseason...situation is so bad what Winger and folks walked into...let's not overvalue our players or leverage we clearly don't have...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Smh...

Not current regime's fault both Kuz and Unicorn had player options in same offseason...situation is so bad what Winger and folks walked into...let's not overvalue our players or leverage we clearly don't have...

I mean they had one earlier in the evening.

Why not push to squeeze out the 2024 1st they got from Memphis? Or a first down the line? 

Edited by Ball Security

6 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

I mean they had one earlier in the evening.

Why not push to squeeze out the 2024 1st they got from Memphis? Or a first down the line? 

They had a pick 5 slots higher. Oh no!! Jones + 35th in this years draft is better than Morris and the 30th. 

Also, they may have preferred the 35th in this years deep draft than a late first in next years. 

16 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Smh...

There is so much overvaluing of players going on by Wiz that it's kinda shocking. If KP opts out, people would be all mad they didn't get anything for him. Instead they trade him for something and people are made it's not their own perceived value of KP. 

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Nope.

We are getting destroyed in these trades.

I mean if you're going to tear it all down you better get some actual assets to rebuild.

As it stands now, we're just giving assets away.

Edit: I see now we're receiving a 2nd rounder. Not nearly enough.

this is silliness. 

beal was in a ridiculous 251 mil, with 200 left, only no trade clause in the NBA. For a good but not, and never will be, great player. 

KP has awful health history and has a player opt in. The other option was he walked with nothing and hit the open market tomorrow. I’m sure he wanted his 36 mil for the year but he had all the leverage to walk away from a team doing a rebuild and be a free agent. 

the wizards had no leverage in either situation and managed to dump Beal and get *something* in return for a player that wouldn’t be on the team tomorrow. 

• Like 3