Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Unseld can't coach.  His rep was established by Jokic (who makes ANYONE look good).  If it wasn't for his last name, he'd never get hired here.  We are the most irrelevant team in the NBA.  Every other team has at least something interesting about it (either good or bad).  We are just meh.  I hope Leonsis enjoys watching this crap from his court-side seat.  This upcoming draft is generational.  We need to be tanking.

4 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

This sort of crystallizes in my mind how bad this team is.  At home facing a broken team, gotta at the very least put forth a good effort.  They are getting annihilated. 

There is so much talent in the NBA.  They need to consider expansion.  Teams are loaded with it.  Too bad the Wizards are not one of those teams.  I was watching Indy on League pass tonight.  Mathurin is SO GOOD.  Gets to the line all the time.  Ugh, what a draft last year and we miss out because our owner refuses to admit he's wrong (he is an egomaniac) about the direction of the team.  

2 minutes ago, Destino said:

I’m not sold on WUJ.  I want to like him but this team just doesn’t look polished to me.  The roster should perform better than this but they seem to have to work too hard to get an open look on offense, and lost on defense.  

They really shouldn't be performing better.  Only KP, Beal, and Kuzma would get any PT on the good teams in this league (Jokic inflated Barton & Morris).  

Davis just got his pocket picked.  Then, he gets BLOWN by on defense causing him to foul.  Man, he looks HORRIBLE out there.  Just has no confidence.  Doesn't matter how much talent you have, if you don't have confidence, you will wash out.  What did the Wizards see in Johnny Davis????  

7 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

They really shouldn't be performing better.  Only KP, Beal, and Kuzma would get any PT on the good teams in this league (Jokic inflated Barton & Morris).  

I couldn’t disagree more strongly with this.  The wizards have three guys that can get buckets, and a bunch of good role players.  That’s more than enough talent to get by in the NBA.  they have to be better or the coaching staff has to hit the road.  

• Like 2

Just left the game. What a terrible thing Ted has going on here. Aside from the awful play, the entire product is bad. Pregame, during timeouts, halftime. Video board is nice but whats on there when not the game are these little 5 second videos they will run on a loop for a while at a time. 

This guy wants to own the Nats? Yikes. 

PXL_20221105_010815457~2.jpg

Edited by @DCGoldPants
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Destino said:

I couldn’t disagree more strongly with this.  The wizards have three guys that can get buckets, and a bunch of good role players.  That’s more than enough talent to get by in the NBA.  they have to be better or the coaching staff has to hit the road.  

In the NBA, you have to objective.  The Wizards don't have any exciting young talent.  Look at Indy for example (team trying to tank).  They are filled with athletic wings.  Boston isn't playing Deni or Rui over Grant Williams (who knows his role as a tough defender who hits corner 3s).  Morris isn't getting PT in Boston.  Are the Bucks going to play Rui or Deni in their rotation?  Not in the playoffs, that is for sure.  

The Wizards are one of the least talented teams in the NBA.  Honestly, SGA in OKC is a better player than Beal is right now.  He's surpassed him.  Josh Giddey is REALLY good.  This Wizards. team is one of the least interesting meh teams in the NBA.  Nothing to look forward to.    

6 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Just left the game. What a terrible thing Ted has going on here. Aside from the awful play, the entire product is bad. Pregame, during timeouts, halftime. Video board is nice but whats on there when not the game are these little 5 second videos they will run on a loop for a while at a time. 

He's a bottom 5 owner in the NBA.  Whole production value is crap.  Worst TV in the NBA.  Chris Miller is a total homer.  WHY CAN'T you be CRITICIZE the team?  Leonsis must have ordered them to be total homers.  Front office is laughably inept (and has been since John Nash was here (last competent GM this team has had)).  What player have they drafted that wasn't a gimme choice (Wall, Beal) that made a dent in the league in 30 years?  Same sorry team that look meh players like Jarvis Hayes, Jared Jeffries, etc. now go and take epic bust Johnny Davis.

Masai (Toronto) & Tim Connolly (Denver) turned him down after Grunfeld was fired for a reason (Connolly stayed in Denver until this past off-season to go and run Minnesota.  Connolly is from the DC area and said no to Leonsis).  They know that this is a 2nd rate irrelevant NBA team that doesn't give the resources to win.  They were one of the last teams to get a G-league team because they were too cheap to do so.      

• Like 1

I get that nobody wants to run a front office for Ted because he won't let them tear things down to restart from scratch. That's how you end up with Tommy Sheppard and him taking Davis in the first.

It's true that there is nothing to look forward with this team. Biggest cheers were for Durant and Terry McLaurin when shown on the screen. Beal barely gets an above average cheer. 

8 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Been a long time since we had angry, loudmouth, parentheses guy in this thread.  

Gonna be a fun season…

Haha,

It is so frustrating that we are the Kings of the East basically.  Indiana also had an owner who never allowed them to tank, but they finally relented and are an exciting young team.  I love Mathurin.  This team just sucks in comparison.  Nothing to be excited about in the future.  None of the recent first round picks will ever sniff an all star game.  The eye test confirms it.  Leonsis's ego is so big that he refuses to admit defeat and allow a rebuild.  We are unintentionally tanking.  

The local press is godawful.  Never criticizes the team.  Sheehan can go 3 hours on football daily, but can't spend one segment chastising this team?  Every team he has a Wizards reporter on, it is buddy-buddy.  He has said on the record that Leonsis and the management need playoff revenue to be profitable.  There is a reason why Leonsis has only paid the luxury tax once.  

1 hour ago, @DCGoldPants said:

I get that nobody wants to run a front office for Ted because he won't let them tear things down to restart from scratch. That's how you end up with Tommy Sheppard and him taking Davis in the first.

It's true that there is nothing to look forward with this team. Biggest cheers were for Durant and Terry McLaurin when shown on the screen. Beal barely gets an above average cheer. 

Were the fans in the stands just as down on Davis as I am?

12 hours ago, abdcskins said:

This sort of crystallizes in my mind how bad this team is.  At home facing a broken team, gotta at the very least put forth a good effort.  They are getting annihilated. 

For me, clarifies they are still mad inconsistent. 

This game screamed letting their guard down like in years past and not rising to a level they didn't think they need to play.  This predates Wes and something he still hasn't been able to fix.

It's hard to make the case the Brooklyn team we lost to with who they were missing was better then the Philly team missing a player was the other night.

Who cares what their potential is if you never know when you gonna get it?  On paper, this is a 4-5 seed, the way they playing Russian Roulette, they a playin team.

12 hours ago, @DCGoldPants said:

I came away with the same feeling as you when I went last year. Having been to several Bulls games in my time in Chicago, the atmosphere is day and night. The Bulls games were so much fun despite the score. 

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

For me, clarifies they are still mad inconsistent. 

This game screamed letting their guard down like in years past and not rising to a level they didn't think they need to play.  This predates Wes and something he still hasn't been able to fix.

It's hard to make the case the Brooklyn team we lost to with who they were missing was better then the Philly team missing a player was the other night.

Who cares what their potential is if you never know when you gonna get it?  On paper, this is a 4-5 seed, the way they playing Russian Roulette, they a playin team.

This isn't a 4-5 seed.  Boston & the Bucks are so far ahead of us that they lapped us.  Cleveland is the next big threat.  Loaded with young talent.  Yeah, they beat us in OT, but that was without Garland.  That team fits right and was built right.  Unlike our inept FO and ownership, their owner allows for rebuilds.  In the same time we've strived for going for the play-in, they have rebuilt smartly with astute trades (Jarrett Allen (who was taken in a pick designed dump Andrew Nicholson's awful contract by us)).  Atlanta already has more success with their core than we ever will.  Murray, Trae, Hunter, Cappella, Bogs, Okongwu, and Griffin is much better than this roster.  Philly is a flawed team, but they are better than us too.  Embiid, Harden, and Maxey is a core that surpasses this team easily.  Toronto drafts smartly and has a style tough for any team to play against.  Filled with switchable wings. Much better roster, culture, FO, and coaching than this Mom & Pop operation.  

What's funny is that Indiana likely surpasses (honestly, they are better than this team) us by draft time.  Mathurin & Haliburton is the next great backcourt.  Getting a young lotto talent to pair with that makes them the next Cleveland.  

Leonsis is too busy telling his broadcast crew to interview his friends instead of caring about building a real team here.  

Davis looked his usual timid self in his first rotation into the game. Bricked some shots. Got one of his shots blocked.

Came back in for the 2nd qtr and actually made some plays. Some dribble drives for layups, one floater. Night and day difference. Like someone got in his ass on the sideline.

I'm still man crushing on Quenton Jackson. That long, lanky, super athletic wings that are taking the league by storm. He is getting to the rim at will. Threw down a massive dunk earlier.

Edited by CRobi21
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CRobi21 said:

Davis looked his usual timid self in his first rotation into the game. Bricked some shots. Got one of his shots blocked.

Came back in for the 2nd qtr and actually made some plays. Some dribble drives for layups, one floater. Night and day difference. Like someone got in his ass on the sideline.

I'm still man crushing on Quenton Jackson. That long, lanky, super athletic wings that are taking the league by storm. He is getting to the rim at will. Threw down a massive dunk earlier.

Is the box-score right?  This says he had only 3 FGs made:

https://gleague.nba.com/game/rap-vs-ccg-2052200010?view=box-score